HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 31, 2010, 03:16 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2006
1,067 Posts
Target hobby has pretty terrible shipping rates and wont even estimate shipping until you are placing an order - I would never buy from them until they fix this.
Kurpal is offline Find More Posts by Kurpal
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2010, 06:12 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2010
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Better do it fast ... note, if SNAP10 doesn't work try the other two discount codes: BOB10 or YEAR10. I used SNAP10 when I got the Phoenix, and it remembered that it was used once and gave me a message I could only use it once.
FYI: First time poster here after lurking for past couple of weeks. The BOB10 discount code still works as I took the advice of this thread and decided to order one of these for $15.30 shipped. Thanks to all for the heads up about this great deal. Not the most customer friendly website when searching for good deals like this cheap coax heli.
1000cc is offline Find More Posts by 1000cc
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 09:23 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000cc View Post
FYI: First time poster here after lurking for past couple of weeks. The BOB10 discount code still works as I took the advice of this thread and decided to order one of these for $15.30 shipped. Thanks to all for the heads up about this great deal. Not the most customer friendly website when searching for good deals like this cheap coax heli.


Right On! Welcome.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 09:35 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Sniped this deal this morning for $16 shipped on Ebay

I sniped this auction this morning on Ebay "Mini Little Dolphin" IR 3CH w/gyro, $16 shipped, so if interested a bid must be entered, no Buy-it-Now. I was the only bidder with only a few seconds left, I hit the mark with my bid of 1 Cent. Shipping is $15.99 so the Total was exactly $16. This little IR 3 CH heli looks like very lightweight with all plastic and carbon boom., has gyro and 140mah lipo and USB charging cable:






more of them here Min bid on all of these dolphins is only 1 cent so you can bag one for 1 cent if you are good on the trigger and if there is no other bids.:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=rem....c0.m270.l1313
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Last edited by Doubletap; Dec 31, 2010 at 09:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:07 AM
Registered User
scorp's Avatar
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
I sniped this auction this morning on Ebay "Mini Little Dolphin" IR 3CH w/gyro, $16 shipped, so if interested a bid must be entered, no Buy-it-Now. I was the only bidder with only a few seconds left, I hit the mark with my bid of 1 Cent. Shipping is $15.99 so the Total was exactly $16. This little IR 3 CH heli looks like very lightweight with all plastic and carbon boom., has gyro and 140mah lipo and USB charging cable:
He still has listings for these and a red syma for $20 shipped not bad at all however i just ordered the yellow 809 from bestoffer and i am on a lookout for some more z005s with different canopy designs so if you run into those double throw me a line and it doesnt have to be less than $20
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:12 AM
Registered User
scorp's Avatar
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uabass View Post
It's easy to change the color of 809...just use a S107 canopy. The rest of the heli is color neutral.

Here is a red canopy for $1.56 shipped. Wish they have blue.

Urge to buy more 809 is about overcome me.

Here is blue in stock and $4 shipped

http://www.xheli.com/blueheadcover.html

I would prefer that orange canopy as the 809 series has but no luck finding those
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:13 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
He still has listings for these and a red syma for $20 shipped not bad at all however i just ordered the yellow 809 from bestoffer and i am on a lookout for some more z005s with different canopy designs so if you run into those double throw me a line and it doesnt have to be less than $20


Right On!!! He has some pretty good auctions, just have to be willing to bid, I actually like auctions better than BIN. It's the challenge I guess, and I get to practice my sniping skills. I always try to execute my "trigger press" around 5 seconds out.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:29 AM
Registered User
scorp's Avatar
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Right On!!! He has some pretty good auctions, just have to be willing to bid, I actually like auctions better than BIN. It's the challenge I guess, and I get to practice my sniping skills. I always try to execute my "trigger press" around 5 seconds out.
anytime within the last 15 seconds before the bid runs out and others dont stand a chance unless they placed their max bid over obviously, i won a lot of items that way where there was multiple bidders for high demand items and works every time
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 12:04 PM
Registered User
Airbandit's Avatar
Sunny Florida
Joined Dec 2010
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibandit View Post
Hello,
This is my first post. I have found my new hobby. My last hobby was modifying 2 seater jetski's for drag racing. Jetski's are way to expensive for me right now. This forum has already saved my some $$$. I just purchased a S107 for $17.88. $26.55 out the door. Thanks for the tip and btw.....nice thread. I think they have 10 left!
I just got my new S107 in the mail. I ordered it 3 days ago!!! $25.67 to my door
Airbandit is offline Find More Posts by Airbandit
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 01:33 PM
Registered User
zeros's Avatar
Boothwyn, PA
Joined Dec 2010
105 Posts
Hey, I got my item shipped email from BOB about my 809. Now it's a race to see who gets it first!
zeros is offline Find More Posts by zeros
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 01:35 PM
Heli Mania
Hayabusa Heli's Avatar
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeros View Post
Hey, I got my item shipped email from BOB about my 809. Now it's a race to see who gets it first!
Got my notice from BOB too ... the race is on, but I'm on the west coast, close to China.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 04:35 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2006
1,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Got my notice from BOB too ... the race is on, but I'm on the west coast, close to China.
I thought the same thing being in Seattle WA a major port for shipments from China. However, on my hobbyking orders they still shipped to the east coast first then I had to wait for ground shipment from NY .
Kurpal is offline Find More Posts by Kurpal
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 04:58 PM
Heli Mania
Hayabusa Heli's Avatar
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurpal View Post
I thought the same thing being in Seattle WA a major port for shipments from China. However, on my hobbyking orders they still shipped to the east coast first then I had to wait for ground shipment from NY .
BOB must do it differently ... only took 7 calendar days during Xmas to get the Z005 from them.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 04:59 PM
Check out my RC Video Blog
dwholler's Avatar
Medford, New Jersey
Joined Jul 2002
718 Posts
You can still get the phoenix 6010 knockoff for less than $20

I have a secret.. you can still acquire the phantom for less than $20, the way you have to go about is order the heli below (see attached URL). Its no longer produced, and they dont have stock. Once you place the order the next day they send you an email like below with the phoenix as the alternative.

http://www.bestofferbuy.com/3channel...up6dgifk1g8te4



Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for shopping with us.

1. We regret to inform you that the following item(s) you have ordered
is currently out-of-stock:
(1. 1 x 3-Channel LED Flashing Mini Rechargeable IR R/C Helicopter
(E14830) =$20.00

As the product is not in production currently, we are unable to advise
availability in the future.

2. If it is acceptable, we have the following product to recommend as
an alternative:
(1. (Please refer to the attached picture for more info)


Please be advised that the recommended product has a similar
functionality as the original product unless otherwise stated.

3. If you accept the alternate product, please kindly reply to this
email and note that NO additional charges will be incurred unless
otherwise stated.

4. Alternatively, you may request a full refund of the product in
place of the alternate product by replying to this email.

5. Meantime, we will put your order on hold until we receive further
instruction from you.

Kindly email us again if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Brandy Feng
Customer Support
dwholler is offline Find More Posts by dwholler
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 05:12 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
When I click on that URL, it is a dead link. I think they updated their server and removed it completely.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! Ignore This Thread for 20 and under anti-gravity Chit Chat 535 Apr 10, 2010 10:06 AM
Found Radio and Rcv for under $20 shipped jteplane Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 Nov 09, 2009 03:44 PM
Sold TX heli $85 sale all reciever under $20 shipped L@@K Fune Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 16 Jul 29, 2009 11:13 AM
Sold 72Mhz Rx's. Electrons, Superslims under all $20 shipped Fune Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 10 Jul 24, 2009 12:03 AM
Sold RX 72Mhz all under $20 shipped Fune Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 6 Jul 22, 2009 10:28 PM