Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 18, 2011, 01:18 PM
Dieselized User
Chicagoland
Joined Feb 2000
7,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
I was wondering what the strange emblem on the side stands for ?
"Dynamic" was his brand name. It's a D with what looks like a lightning bolt through it.

Greg
gkamysz is offline Find More Posts by gkamysz
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2011, 01:45 PM
amherst,nova scotia,canada
Joined Nov 2003
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROSKIN76 View Post
here it is, like i was told and checked it looks like a paw .09 ct conveted to rc and with muffler added
I think it is a paw .09 mark I. Post the weight without the prop and I will weigh one of mine.

Well just took a minute and weighed two examples. One hundred and sixty four grams with muffler and propellor. Master airscrew prop. Probably 8-4.

One hundred and thirty eight grams without prop and muffler for the second example. My understanding is the mark twos have more power.
barry wilson is offline Find More Posts by barry wilson
Old Aug 18, 2011, 02:18 PM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkamysz View Post
"Dynamic" was his brand name. It's a D with what looks like a lightning bolt through it.

Greg
Yes I can more clearly see the D now, thanks for the info Greg
Reginald is offline Find More Posts by Reginald
Old Aug 18, 2011, 04:48 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
2,456 Posts
nice diesels

Apilgrim, Your “crossbreed diesel” looks interesting. What size prop and rpm?
The ED marine might be great for parts if you can find an AC version. Having an extra crank, cylinder, piston means you’ll probably never wear it out.

Reginald, We all like “Bambi and his family” !
All very nice diesels. Maybe when time permits, several photos of each diesel, each by itself. That Rustler looks perfect., and the Gordon Cornell.09 appears to be a beautiful little diesel. Great find.

Twin-Stack, that racing 1.5 Special by Tony Eifflaender. Looks really interesting. Any specs on performance? And of course, more pictures would be great.

ZEROSKIN76, looks can be very deceiving, but I sure hope that the inside of that PAW .09 looks better than the outside. And what’s with the spring on the compression screw? Looks like the top of the cylinder is chewed up. And the crushed cooling fins…..a little veteran that’s had a very hard life.

Thanks every one; all great pictures, keep them coming.
John
JohnAV8R is offline Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:17 PM
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Joined Sep 2003
507 Posts
The 09 PAW

I am sure I saw the beat up PAW listed for sale
mchandrayan is offline Find More Posts by mchandrayan
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:05 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Apr 2006
78 Posts
"Crossbreed engine"

Prop = 10/6 RPM = 6,500; have not tweaked it though, quite big prop for a 2.46? Home brew fuel. I named the engine Jenyin.
The ED racer is in very good condition, didnt reflect in the photo. I am more of an aircraft type guy, probably will sell
apilgrim is offline Find More Posts by apilgrim
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:36 PM
Keremeos, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2004
2,639 Posts
My mentor had a ED 246 Marine. He didn't do boats, so he built a radiator and water pump for it, then installed it in a parasol model with the rad between the wing and the fuse. It worked JUST fine; the model itself was not startling, but it was quite a challenge. Soldering all those tubes (I think there were 12, maybe more) into the tanks was enough to challenge anyone!
TLyttle is offline Find More Posts by TLyttle
Old Aug 19, 2011, 07:13 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,478 Posts
Barbini

Another of my small diesels, lovely little engine. Anyone has experience with it?
Old Aug 19, 2011, 07:17 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,478 Posts
Mills

Two size-reduced Mills diesels; I think the smallest one was another Dave Banks, I put in a Cox 0,010 for size comparision.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 07:24 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,478 Posts
Mills Twin

A home-built Mills Twin, I took it apart, not peticularly well engineered, the builder did have some problems with the thread put on the joining piece, I often do have problems with British diesels and the sometimes brittle thread is often damaged causing great difficulty screwing that backplate back on. I can sort of make all kinds of threading on my Myford but I have never figuered out
those used on them diesels.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 07:31 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,478 Posts
Zapletal

Built in 1996 this tiny Zapletal GTZ O,12
Old Aug 19, 2011, 07:38 AM
QLD, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
1,548 Posts
Reginald,
The Barbini B38 looks to be an early version as it has a straight across spraybar, later batch's had the spraybar angled to put the needle valve away from the prop. They were produced from around 1953 to 1985, my 2 later models do not have any anodiseing.
Although designed in the 50's they are quite powerfull and very useable.
Stewart
clipclop is offline Find More Posts by clipclop
Old Aug 19, 2011, 02:42 PM
The windy west coast of Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
2,819 Posts
Quote:
I thought the Rustler was copied on the Bambi, to tell the truth I should have to look up information on the engine. I think the, what I call, Dave Banks copy was made by VA in St Petersburg. I did buy the engine directly from Dave at a Watford swapmeet. I did run the engine at that time (and always take notes afterwards) Used 5x2 Graupner and 4 1/2x2 Cox props and found the Cox the best. Very sensitive needlevalve. Engine needed further running-in. I cannot wait for the original. I have had quite a few over the years and all of those were s**ers, even made a crankshaft for one. This one seems to have good compression. It must have been a frustrating little beast in its days. So who made the Rustler ?
A 'Tadpole' is a baby frog........here's a pic showing the resemblance between the 'Tadpole' and the Frog 50 MkI
(sorry, the Frog is a bit scruffy, but it will eventually be sorted out...)

...also shown, a few measures, in case you'd like to compare...

The Frog 50 is indeed a very small 0,5 cc (.03)

Gluehand is online now Find More Posts by Gluehand
Last edited by Gluehand; Aug 19, 2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 02:49 PM
Vinatge models!
Slovenská republika, Žilinský kraj, Ružomberok
Joined Feb 2011
58 Posts
Quote:
A home-built Mills Twin, I took it apart, not peticularly well engineered, the builder did have some problems with the thread put on the joining piece, I often do have problems with British diesels and the sometimes brittle thread is often damaged causing great difficulty screwing that backplate back on. I can sort of make all kinds of threading on my Myford but I have never figuered out
those used on them diesels.
That one looks great. Is it really home-built?
carbon31 is offline Find More Posts by carbon31
Old Aug 19, 2011, 03:07 PM
kill your idols
utica new york
Joined May 2009
1,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV8R View Post
ZEROSKIN76, looks can be very deceiving, but I sure hope that the inside of that PAW .09 looks better than the outside. And what’s with the spring on the compression screw? Looks like the top of the cylinder is chewed up. And the crushed cooling fins…..a little veteran that’s had a very hard life.

John

yup some people aint as nice to there engines as i and yourselves are

the inside was disgusting till i heated it with 1800 watt heat gun and opened her up

also when i posted i had no idea of value and posted high just in case (was kinda hoping to hear from someone on what is was

yesterday i finaly opened the pdf paw pricelist and have decided 35 shipped was more fair for it

the inside was not cleaned just flushed enough to inspect for damage that would cause failure

the cylinder head has a screw on it and i wondered if one of you diesel guys can explain why that is to me

i like nitro myself and more lipo as of late than that even
ZEROSKIN76 is offline Find More Posts by ZEROSKIN76