Closed Thread
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:58 AM
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Aug 2012
443 Posts
Trader Rating: 51
Alert
Bad dealing with "MrDusanmandic"

Ok, so I bought some quadcopter stuff from MrDusanmandic. Part of the deal was for (2) Turnigy lipo 2650 11.1v batteries. To be fair, he did not advertise them to be brand new, however, the fact that he was selling them should mean that they would be usable. He refused to take paypal (maybe should have been my first clue) and wanted to use the Google Wallet. Since I am not a big fan of paypal myself, I agreed since he has a lot of good feedback. He also seems to sell stuff through his website. The shipping was slow and did not actually go out for 3 days after he told me it did (looking at when the post office received it), but it did show up. Turns out, both of the batteries are complete junk. One of them was so puffed and beat up, that I would not even feel comfortable keeping this thing in my garage. The other one, has one bad cell in it. Both of these batteries should have been properly disposed--not even given away for free, let alone sold to someone.

I noticed that he seemed to be selling a lot of things on here, so I asked if he had any other 3 cell batteries that could be exchanged for these ones that he had sent me or if he would consider a partial refund of maybe 50% of their cost. After the 3rd message to him, he finally replied with the short answer of "Send me your address." To me, I figured this meant that he was going to send me something. I waited another (2) weeks and still nothing. Now he will still not even respond to any of my PM's and I can see that he logs in multiple times per day. I have also sent direct emails to him with no response.

I guess I dont understand why someone with a pretty good record around here would potentially ruin that over a couple bucks. If I leave him a negative rating on here, I would assume that he will just go and leave me the retaliatory negative feedback for me. So it seems that my only option would be to do a chargeback on my creditcard. Its just the principle of this bad deal that has me annoyed, as this is the first shady deal I've had here.
arik434 is online now Find More Posts by arik434
Last edited by arik434; Jan 30, 2013 at 12:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:14 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Well, who is this shady character? we are dieing to put them on our ignore list!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:57 AM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2010
97 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Good info on that guy!
john mynster is offline Find More Posts by john mynster
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:59 AM
Go fast, pull up.
United States, NY, Clarence Center
Joined Nov 2008
1,514 Posts
Trader Rating: 129
Hopefully "MrDusanmandic" will provide his comments and clear up this issue. It doesn't make sense that he would ask for your address and then stop responding all together. Also, I really hope he didn't send those puffed batteries through USPS because that can be very dangerous!

I hope you get this resolved.
Fidelity101 is online now Find More Posts by Fidelity101
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:33 PM
United States, ME, Skowhegan
Joined Sep 2012
71 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
---
Sisco is offline Find More Posts by Sisco
Last edited by Sisco; Feb 02, 2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:15 PM
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Aug 2012
443 Posts
Trader Rating: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisco View Post
I too have been have some issues with MrDusanmandic (Matt Medley), but I hope they are being resolved.

I purchased a DX8 w/ accessories from him on Jan 24th. I had to setup Google Wallet (He doesn't use PayPal), actually.. I had to set up one for my wife too.. I had to split the $350 up from two different cards, $200 from my card and $150 from my wifes card.

I got an e/delivery confirmation number from USPS *Priority* after asking for a few days, but the number stated that there was no information for that number. try again.

I kept asking every day about the package and the tracking number. On the 29th the tracking number status was changed to "Electronic Shipping Info Received on Jan 29th".

He admitted to me that he had not yet shipped the item. Matt then told me that he recently was put on meds for a possible health issue and that he has not been himself.

He agreed to ship the item immediately and to issue a partial refund of $40.00

That didn't happen, so I contacted him this morning and shortly after the email, I got the $40.00 refund. He said he is now off the meds (and in some pain) but that the item is on it's way.

It's Jan 31st and the number still says "Electronic Shipping Info Received". I told him I would wait another day or two to see if the item arrives.

I'll let you know what the outcome is.

Rick
I did got an email back yesteday. I guess it was from his wife saying that he has been sick or something. She said that she spoke to him and he had some other batteries that she would send to me today. We'll just have to see what happens I guess. If he truely is sick, then I feel back for posting this, but it just seems weird to me that he did not respond to a single message here on RCG and I could see that he was either online or had been online multple times per day.
arik434 is online now Find More Posts by arik434
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:26 PM
Joined Sep 2012
71 Posts
---
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:47 PM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
912 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
I've had a few dealings with him and all went well. The google checkout was a minor in convienience but that's about out all.
He sold me a used mcpx for 50$ and shipped it the next day.

I would bear with him, he may be truely sick

Garrett
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:04 PM
Joined Sep 2012
71 Posts
---
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:21 PM
Joined Sep 2012
71 Posts
---
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:01 PM
Joined Sep 2012
71 Posts
Update: The package arrived. A part was missing, and a couple items were not exactly as described, but he is resending the missing part.

Overall, there were some issues the first 5 days of our transaction due to some meds he was on, but he promptly resolved those issues once he was taken off those meds.

I would say Matt is easy to talk to and I would likely purchase from him again.

Rick
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:23 PM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
912 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
Good deal, glad it all worked out in the end.

Garrett
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:28 PM
United States, NH, Suncook
Joined Oct 2010
434 Posts
Trader Rating: 133
maybe a change in the title would be in order
sagomon is online now Find More Posts by sagomon
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:47 PM
Joined Sep 2012
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagomon View Post
maybe a change in the title would be in order
It's not my title or I would just delete the thread.

Rick
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:58 PM
Go fast, pull up.
United States, NY, Clarence Center
Joined Nov 2008
1,514 Posts
Trader Rating: 129
Sisco...I'm glad you got what you expected. I think Arik is still waiting on the replacement batteries or refund. Since his troubling transaction was the reason for this thread, it doesn't really make sense to change the title.
Fidelity101 is online now Find More Posts by Fidelity101
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread