Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:26 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Just skimming through and I saw my favorite plane in the world, FIFI. She lives in Michigan now with the Confederate Air Force.
Last year she visited Kalamazoo and I got the pleasure of seeing her full bore, low, and right over my house. I had my tractor running and I heard all 4 of those engines growling over that John Deere.

Blessings Y'all
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:51 AM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Hey Guys,

Jim, GREAT video and those trucks kick it my friend! Top music choice too.

I am here to report the vendor Nameless RC ready my letter to them and wrote back late yesterday they were sorry for the problem and had already shipped out a new Naza. I should have it in about three days YAHOO............. the power of the pen I say. Plus I am sure they looked back at my past spending at their site and said OH CRAP! we can't lose this customer, he paid for the new east wing we just added to the building LOL. I am plum happy............. but being truthful, I did lose sleep over this, it could have gone south in a heart beat. They could have just said; we know it was in your box, then where would I be? I think I'll go back to opening all of my boxes at the PO BOX Store where I maintain a box so this stuff is not sitting on my porch. I did him at the store once when box arrived and was crushed. I opened the box, we saw damage and then I reported to the vendor with his phone number as owner to saw the box was damaged as well as the contents. See, it pays for me to be anal LMAO

But again all is fine and they will continue to have my business.

Good to see you Jay "snooping" in from time to time, miss ya man.

JPEE
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:04 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
That's good news, John. It's good to see GREAT customer support reported among all the negative stuff we hear. You shold be in business for the weekend now! Off topic but have you been out on the Ranger lately? Also- I watched your last video you have on YT. The quality looks great and how you managed to center the mountains in that shot about midway through was quite impressive! I did noet some "waviness" to the video, guess that is from some RF from the heli?

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:10 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Jay....good to see ya.
JPEE...great news on the customer service. I was hoping you would get this done with minimal irritation.

Threw a new winch on my plow, it's operational. The rig was engineered for a 2000LB winch, I put a 1500LB winch on it for $80 and it works. Good enough till I can order the contactor and fix the 2000LB winch. We're under a severe winter storm advisory, I do want it to be READY if we get hit. In any case, I'll have a backup winch on the shelf in the future.

Still waiting on seeing that .90 R/C helicopter......I'll keep ya all posted.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:17 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Yes Jay- good to see ya now and then. Hope the family is doing well.

Stay safe in the storm Vic. Go easy with the smaller winch and you should be OK.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:21 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Jim...storm arrived about 4:00pm, it's 9:00pm, we have two inches of new snow. It's wet and heavy like they said it will be. Watching for school closings for tomorrow morning but nothing yet for my grandkids. The amount in the morning is what counts. If I need to, I'll take them to school in the 4x4 truck provided visability isn't ZERO like last Friday.....it was BAD. I dont see this storm being as bad as last Friday though.

Nothing else going on.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:57 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
For Dave and John: Flying quad copter specifically for a go pro

http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...ntom/overview/
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:11 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Hello Jim,

Remember when I went ot AZ this year again to meet up with Fast Phil. Well I took my 450 Quad and started a revolution there. By the time I got home Phil had ordered a 550 DJI. Then he got the little Horizon Hobby quad for flying inside our out in front of this trailer. Every one there after seeing his 550 wanted quads and some not being fully fledged RC,ers just bucked $$$ up and bought the Phantoms RTF. They ain't cheap in price let me tell ya, they are like $700.00
When I built my quad it cost complete without NAZA controller with GPS $109.00 that frame, ESCs, props (junk props). Then the NAZA was another $359.00. SO as you can see I had a Phantom without the pretty clam shell for $470.00. I say if you don't know how to build and maintain then the Phantom might the ticket for those guys. Remember, everyone there is retired and about 68-90 years of age, except Phil. Hes a kid younger than me at my golden age of 65 LOL

Smiles JPEE
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:42 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Well...the storm was unremarkable at best. By 9:00pm, I had about 5", still comming down at a decient rate. I went out and plowed till 11:00pm (school cancelled by 9:00pm for the following day). When I went outside, I had 2" on top of where I plowed this morning. I plowed the neighbor out, then did touch up on mine. The 1500LB winch WORKED, but now I know WHY the designer said 2000LB winch minimal. The 1500LB cranked the plow pretty slow going up. Theres nothing wrong with the 2000 winch motor, the controller got broke. I think I'll just swap the 1500 motor out and install the 2000, it'll work.

Still waiting on the .90 helicopter to show up so I can look at it, probibily buy it on the spot if it's all there. That's the only R/C I got going on right now.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:08 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
JPee- I forgot about that. It's tough getting old.

Vic- Good you made it through the storm OK and the plow held up.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 10:00 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk View Post
For Dave and John: Flying quad copter specifically for a go pro

http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...ntom/overview/

Looks like an INNOVATOR except in a quad copter.....
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:06 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
very very CLOSE to the INNOVATOR stuff X I challenge you to FIND HOW MUCH IT COSTS ~ BEEN ALL OVER THE SITE OFFERING not a clue
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:02 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Here ya go Rick,

As JPee mentioned in an earlier post, the cost is right around $700. Oh, almost forgot, the DJI Innovation site doesn't show the price on anything they offer. They design and make the products, show the products but don't sell them. They leave that to their distributors.

http://bradatech.com/xPedRobo/shop/i...products_id=85

http://www.networkcamerasupply.com/D....pt.000001.htm

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-Ae.../dp/B00AGOSQI8
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:43 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
Ha ha ha ha

USING OLDDE IRISH SAYING HERE:

BEGORRA !!! WHAT A CROCK O`SHEIZE !!!!

I let myself in to the INNOVATOR this is a REPEAT NOT FOR THIS FOOL

if I know business practices at all, the REAL cost must be hovering around $350 to $ 400, allowing for the "distributors" cuts
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Last edited by BARRRICK; Mar 03, 2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:04 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I also found them form the $700 mark, nothing below $700 going to high $700's.

Rick...my brother was in Houston yesterday. He bought a REAL plane and is gonna have it delivered to Dallas via trailer, it's a project plane. As soon as I know exactly what plane.....I'll let ya know. I do know that it's a single engine that cruises at 200mph and has retractable gears. The plane had a rough landing with a minor prop strike, the landing gear doors were rolled into a little ball.

I switched the 1500lb winch motor out for the 2000lb, and extended the control wires....all is good with that now.