New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2015, 12:04 AM
Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Non Eius A Stupri Fucus
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,608 Posts
the stock wing has some incidence built into it, reflex artificially removes that as you are effectively lowering the angle of attack of the wing. Less lift being produced, less drag. When you bank, and then yank, you dont want reflex anymore as turning is much more efficient with the higher angle of attack, so snap flap does that.

Its used more on gliders than anything, stuff like F3F, when normally snap flap drops the TE below the nominal point, but since the voodoo has a higher AOA out of the box just returning the wing to "stock" works perfect as its setup to turn on a dime anyway.

The incidence is perfectly fine for most speeds, and the voodoos will out turn near on anything, remember it was designed for a brushed 400 motor!
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2015, 08:09 AM
Find More Posts by gas op de lolly
The Netherlands, OV, Deventer
Joined Jul 2007
73 Posts
Did an other 4 flights

Man this is so much fun and so scary at the same time.

Just need to fly it a lot more to get some real confidence i would say, but with only 3min. flight time it will take a lot more flights before i will fly inverted 3Ft above the field

i really can't believe you guy's are pushing it even faster then it is a already on the "stock Höllein" setup. Respect!!
gas op de lolly is offline Find More Posts by gas op de lolly
Old May 28, 2015, 05:58 PM
Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
3,381 Posts
Little voodoo fun with jsteil1098 (jim) at the sod farm today

Mega 16/15/2
3s 1300 70C Thunder Power Magna series
Dymond 47s servos for ail
futaba s3154 for elev
4.2x4 apc prop

Shes rips!! Havent flown a pylon since 2008. I had a VIP-1, and Escape pylon from soaring USA back then. Geez has it been really 7 years since ive flown pylon planes. Well my flying was a really rusty. Forgot how these babies turn so sharp.

ill get better for sure.

Voodoo Pylon racer at SOD FARM (8 min 18 sec)
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by XtremeWingRC; May 29, 2015 at 01:39 AM.
Old May 29, 2015, 01:41 AM
Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
3,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gas op de lolly View Post
Did an other 4 flights

Man this is so much fun and so scary at the same time.

Just need to fly it a lot more to get some real confidence i would say, but with only 3min. flight time it will take a lot more flights before i will fly inverted 3Ft above the field

i really can't believe you guy's are pushing it even faster then it is a already on the "stock Höllein" setup. Respect!!
you got that right, scary and fun!
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
RCG Plus Member