Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 26, 2005, 10:45 PM
Santa Fe, NM
Joined Aug 2002
65 Posts
Simply Cool build

I received my Simply Cool and have the Blaster instructions and some questions right away. Anyone out there underway with their build of this fine looking model?

1. What's the best way to slot the boom for the rudder ass'y?
2. My elevator support barely slides on the boom at all. Is it better to sand down the boom or the elevator mounting piece?
3. I will be throwing with my left so I need to drill a hole for the included peg or mount a blade. How would I attach it to the finished/covered wing?
nm5s is offline Find More Posts by nm5s
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2005, 07:36 AM
Gadsden RC Flyers
Joined Aug 2004
591 Posts
nm5s,

I also have a new Simply Cool, just waiting for delivery of the equipment I ordered to begin assembly. I will also be working from the Blaster instructions plus tidbits I have found on this forum. Barry has indicated he is still working on instructions for the Simply Cool.

My boom came preattached to the pod and preslotted for the vertical stab, so for some reason, yours is different. Just for comparison, my boom is 27 1/2 inches long and the slot for the fin is 2" long.

My elevator support, the V-mount, slides about 6" onto the boom. It ends up just behind the second band of Kevlar wrap on the boom. I plan to glue mine where it fits snugly, with no sanding or shimming. You should call Barry to see if you were possibly sent the wrong V-mount.

You should also talk to Barry about drilling a hole for the peg in the right wing. I do not know if the right side is reinforced the same as the left, and that would dictate whether additional reinforcement is needed for your peg.

Glad to have a partner in this assembly. I look forward to hearing of your progress.

Jack Stephens
Jack Stephens is offline Find More Posts by Jack Stephens
Old May 27, 2005, 07:52 AM
DrCarter
Princeton, TX
Joined Jan 2005
638 Posts
bump---- You need Austin to see this one. The elevator mount should slide several inches up the boom. Do not sand the boom any more than to knock the gloss off. Austin recomends mounting the rudder on the side of the boom.
DFW_HLG_TG is offline Find More Posts by DFW_HLG_TG