HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:41 AM
Dave?
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Discussion
Improving the lives of most Californians!

Divide it in to 6 states...

I'd consider living in the northern most state if it happened.

http://www.news10.net/story/news/pol...01/22/4770983/
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Jul 21, 2014, 05:35 PM
Lone Star Flyer
Bryan, Texas
Joined Jan 2006
227 Posts
No way. The Californias would have 12 senators instead of 2. That's enough weight to swing any vote to the dem's long into the future. To say that there would be three red states out of six is baloney. California has voted solid left for decades. Leave them alone in the progressive misery they've created.
Arkitexas is online now Find More Posts by Arkitexas
Old Jul 21, 2014, 05:53 PM
Dave?
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkitexas View Post
No way. The Californias would have 12 senators instead of 2. That's enough weight to swing any vote to the dem's long into the future. To say that there would be three red states out of six is baloney. California has voted solid left for decades. Leave them alone in the progressive misery they've created.
You will probably wind up with 4 wackjob senators and 6 that live on earth. I think there is a net benefit... Not all of California is like L.A. and 'Frisco.

This also provides for a better result of the electoral college on presidential voting.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2014, 05:58 PM
Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2000
728 Posts
The idea of splitting CA into 6 states is ridiculous. The idea of splitting into two states, north and south, comes up from time to time, but I donít see it happening anytime soon.

We have three very large metropolitan areas that lean left, the rural areas lean right.
Buran is online now Find More Posts by Buran
Old Jul 21, 2014, 06:07 PM
Dave?
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buran View Post
The idea of splitting CA into 6 states is ridiculous. The idea of splitting into two states, north and south, comes up from time to time, but I donít see it happening anytime soon.

We have three very large metropolitan areas that lean left, the rural areas lean right.
So the rural folks have to suffer.... that's BS...

Like I said, I move to the north end IF it happens... Other than that the state can continue to wave bye to those like me that had their fill.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2014, 06:19 PM
Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2000
728 Posts
Yup, many people of means and businesses have been leaving the state big time. Funny thing is the population continues to grow

BTW, currently Sacramento is looking into an exit tax
Buran is online now Find More Posts by Buran
Old Jul 21, 2014, 07:25 PM
Dave?
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buran View Post
Yup, many people of means and businesses have been leaving the state big time. Funny thing is the population continues to grow

BTW, currently Sacramento is looking into an exit tax
That kinda violates freedom of movement.

California made it's own mess...
RCG Plus Member