HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2013, 07:10 AM
Australia, SA, Holden Hill
Joined Feb 2013
96 Posts
Discussion
Diy gimbal advice.

Ok so I'm still new to multirotors I have built my own quad had plenty of up's and down's with it but going great now.

My intention from the start is to get into areal photography. I started looking at gimbals for DSLR's and I almost died when I seen the prices. Flipping crazy prices on some of them :S Tho it could be me been a tight ass

Anyway I want to challenge myself and build one myself, I am very hands on type of person like to give things a go

The other reason why I want to build one is lack of income so I need to keep cost as low as possible now that is a challenge on its own

Now I have seen you can get carbon fiber at hobbyking cheap I'm not sure on quality and I have no idea on how strong carbon really is as I have never handled it before :S

So some Input on that is a great start.

Next thing is brush-less outrunners or servos the toque and speed is the question on that also with a motor do you just change the plug on them to a servo plug? I'm confused with that, So some input there would be great.

I found a flight controller with gimbal support on Rctimmer. The AIOP V2.0 ALL IN ONE PRO Flight Controller. http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...5&productname=

Is that any good has anyone had some experience with it?

The frame I'm yet to design but the camera weight will be about 1.5kg yes I know that is heavy and I will build a octocopter once ready for a while ill use something like a gopro on it for a while untill my octo is ready.

So what sort of Thickness should the carbon be 2.5mm? for sheets and I was thinking square tubes?

Is there any other parts I would need to run it?

Also any Ideas is more then welcome.
nafan08 is offline Find More Posts by nafan08
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2013, 09:54 PM
Australia, SA, Holden Hill
Joined Feb 2013
96 Posts
Bump anyone?
nafan08 is offline Find More Posts by nafan08