HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:02 PM
It's all about Quadcopters
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Nov 2012
339 Posts
Check out the update on the Facebook page. The 9xr is aiming to be released before 15th December...looks like I won't have one wrapped under the tree this year haha

http://www.facebook.com/HobbyKing?ref=ts&fref=ts
ecreative is offline Find More Posts by ecreative
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:02 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2011
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
Very few transmitters allow you to change the channel sequence, unless you means via a mixing work-around. Of course the alternative firmwares for the 9x do.
And the 9XR comes with that open source firmware so is easy to change. One of the reasons that it should be much better than the DX6.
BrettAltea is offline Find More Posts by BrettAltea
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:51 PM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B12 View Post
Sweet, thanks B12!
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:01 PM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoflyer View Post
I totally agree with Renatoa.
If You spend several hundred hours or lots of $ on a plane DON'T save a few bucks on the rx or servos. I only use one type of receiver without fail safe and that is the small VD5M (for my DLG:s) and I have never had as much as a glitch with them.
Well, note that I mentioned I have FrSky in addition. I use these on my expensive planes.

But I also love building and flying cheap foamies... $20 of motor/esc/servos, $2 of foam, bamboo skewers and glue.

I think I paid $6 each for a handful of the 6-channel FlySky receivers, and they work great in these planes. Take them out of the hard case and shrinkwrap them, and they're light too!

I love the 9x module system... the same radio for all planes, cheap and expensive. I'm excited that the 9xr is going to use compatible modules.
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:10 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecreative View Post
Check out the update on the Facebook page. The 9xr is aiming to be released before 15th December...looks like I won't have one wrapped under the tree this year haha

http://www.facebook.com/HobbyKing?ref=ts&fref=ts
I couldnt see that entry on their Facebook but at least they have a date they are aiming at. Am looking fwd to reading a decent hands on review! I cant see any date commitment for the X9DA but think they are trying for end of this year too and X12D next Spring.
ChrisJ800 is online now Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:23 PM
It's all about Quadcopters
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Nov 2012
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
I couldnt see that entry on their Facebook but at least they have a date they are aiming at. Am looking fwd to reading a decent hands on review! I cant see any date commitment for the X9DA but think they are trying for end of this year too and X12D next Spring.
It's listed as a comment under this post:
Website offline for the next 40 minutes as network and database emergency repairs are underway. Rackspace (USA) our host is working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue.

And it says:
HobbyKing 9XR, in production, I finished the manual recently and have seen packaging. We aim to release before Dec-15, and will not announce it so just check the new items page. We're not announcing it or promoting it because production is slow right now (QC is taking a while)
ecreative is offline Find More Posts by ecreative
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:43 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jul 2011
288 Posts
Hmm. A little perl script that runs every two minutes and greps the new products page for 9xr might be in order...
cold wombat is offline Find More Posts by cold wombat
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:44 PM
Registered Adict
Australia, WA, Drummond Cove
Joined Jun 2012
383 Posts
LOL I've had that running for a couple of months now
tignmeg is offline Find More Posts by tignmeg
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:08 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jul 2011
288 Posts
I wouldn't have worried if Christmas wasn't cutting the timeline so damned tight.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:18 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tignmeg View Post
LOL I've had that running for a couple of months now
Can you post the script and some instructions on how to use it? It would be a massive help.
molond is offline Find More Posts by molond
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:54 PM
Registered Adict
Australia, WA, Drummond Cove
Joined Jun 2012
383 Posts
I use the Firefox addon "Alert box"
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/fir...ddon/alertbox/

You install the addon to Firefox and then create an alert for when "9XR" appears on the new items page. The downside of this method is that you need to have the browser running and be logged on all the time.
tignmeg is offline Find More Posts by tignmeg
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:18 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jul 2011
288 Posts
The downside of *any* method of continuous monitoring is you need to have *something* running all the time.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:53 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
253 Posts
I wonder if you could make a third party RSS page, a web page I can plug into Google Reader (which I check every 3 hours during the day).

Darcy
molond is offline Find More Posts by molond
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:20 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jul 2011
288 Posts
Of course it is possible.

<waddles over to the HK site...>

Oh, look what I've found...

http://www.hobbyking.com/rss/

New products. The idea of running a script is that you don't have to check it yourself. Rather it should send you a notification (email, sms etc) when it finds something with '9XR' in it.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:57 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,427 Posts
Good support

Product: OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 2.4Ghz Transmitter Module (JR/Turnigy compatible)

Product ID 9171000070 has been found to have a manufacturing defect and we are replacing them automatically without need for the customer to contact Customer Service.
The manufacturing defect existed only in the first batch of products and recently sold units as well as units being shipped now and in the future do not have this fault.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa