HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2012, 08:56 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanado View Post
Yes you are right, screws are also missing. I will update the original post too.
Also, in all their photos of the swash plate, they do not show the bearings... just to be sure they are included. I didn't even know there were bearings inside until I took mine apart last night.
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2012, 09:01 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
If you're going to build a bnf I'd recommend myrcmart and getting the solo pro swash, rotor head, and main shaft in addition to the v911 parts. They are cheap and will probably eliminate the tbe issues.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Jan 08, 2012, 09:10 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,193 Posts
I believe the two smaller bearings in the main frame is not sold as replacement parts by WL Toys. Also, I am not certain the threaded metal rods for the servo linkage is included. All the photos I have seen only show the plastic upper part.

These are the items preventing a complete BnF build.

The Solo Pro main shaft w/collar and head is a good alternative to the v911 version. I just don't know if can fix the balance bar in with a screw like the v911 version because I haven't seen the type of screw used on the v911 yet.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 08, 2012, 09:21 AM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
And you're missing the most important part in your parts list - the Rx, which makes this BNF version a terrible deal.
Hi,
Thank you for your suggestions.
I will take it into consideration,However,I can just provide this information to the Wltoys factory,I have no right to decide this,hope you can understand me.
Well,two silly questions about some RC technical words,
what‘s the meaning of the “BNF version”?
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2012, 09:26 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
I will add the missing bearings to the original post. I have already wrote about the metal rods.

bytemuncher,
Some parts from other helis may be better than stock v911 ones, but I am trying to build with Aaron a BNF package which will provide a whole stock heli - the cheapest possible package, and for that it needs to include all the parts that BangGood has in stock. If we'll try to mix parts from other helis, we may miss the opportunity that Aaron gives us to get a cheap BNF.
asanado is offline Find More Posts by asanado
Last edited by asanado; Jan 08, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 09:27 AM
Croatia, County of Zagreb, Velika Gorica
Joined Dec 2011
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by csomi2 View Post
I also wrote has banggood that the helicopter is faulty, I wonder what they will respond.
Nick, could you give Aron email address for me?
Dear, I don't have Aron's e-mail, but you can send him PM here on forum
nick007shadow is offline Find More Posts by nick007shadow
Old Jan 08, 2012, 09:27 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,193 Posts
Aaron: Thanks for your support and being on this thread. It helps separate you guys from your competitor, and that's very good.

BNF means, Bind and Fly. It's for those who already owns a compatible remote control, batteries and charger, to purchase additional heli for cheap. For heli's shipping from overseas, the weight reduction and cost savings in shipping charges from excluded the heavy remote controller, battery and charger can help to lower the BnF kit even more and make it an attractive purchase for v911 owners.

My only other suggestion is to change the names of the spare parts. They are poorly titled IMHO.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 09:29 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
Hi,
I will take it into consideration,However,I can just provide this information to the Wltoys factory,I have no right to decide this,hope you can understand me.
BNF = Bind and Fly - Only heli, assembled, without Tx or battery or charger and even can be without a fency gift box.
RTF = Ready to Fly - The whole package you are already selling.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 09:31 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,193 Posts
Perhaps BNF isn't the correct term for this kit. Build Your Own or something akin to that is more representative of the kit. Since assembly will be required.

Heck, we as a community may need to come up with a how to assemble guide or video.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 09:34 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
Yes, it is definitely a KIT and not BNF, but it is OK too - it is not hard to assemble (less than 1 hour for a beginner).

KIT = UnAssembled BNF

I am sure there is somwhere a Solo Pro build tutorial (which is similiar), and I am sure the v911 will have one too.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 10:16 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
I forgot that there are some soldering to do (Main motor, Tail motor, Battery Holder) - so it might be more complicated for begginers to assemble a KIT.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 10:35 AM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
Hi,
Aaron Thank You for your support. The V911 kit is a good option for those who own a Turnigy 9x TX and like to mod.

Will you be also adding the V911 RX to the parts list. I like to order at least two RX boards:

http://www.banggood.com/search/v911/...0-0_page1.html
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old Jan 08, 2012, 10:37 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanado View Post
Yes, it is definitely a KIT and not BNF, but it is OK too - it is not hard to assemble (less than 1 hour for a beginner).

KIT = UnAssembled BNF

I am sure there is somewhere a Solo Pro build tutorial (which is similiar), and I am sure the v911 will have one too.
As a noob, If I had a choice.. I'd prefer a true Bind And Fly (BNF). Maybe they can offer both a Kit and a BNF but if they can only do one... BNF for me.

Many new owners of a V911 Kit will introduce the question of: OK, it doesn't work or it doesn't work right. Was it something I did or do I have a bad component. Will make it a little harder to pinpoint the problem. I know you vets can put these things together in your sleep... heck you even know what the function of the various components.

Another option I'd like to see is a V911 combo pack: One TX but two Helis.
Had this been available at a good price (say $65), I probably would have purchased that option. Then when my first Heli was having problems I could have launched the 2nd one and quickly figured out it wasn't my lack of experience with my 1st 4-channel but the fact that the 1st Heli had a swash plate defect. I could have then been flying and learning the 4-channel world while I dealt with the defective unit. This is even more important when the product is not available locally but needs to be shipped via slow boat.
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 08, 2012, 10:38 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,193 Posts
Some beginners to the hobby may be technicians. So don't discount them out.

Edit to add:
I think the kits are for pilots who are familiar with these micro helis or for those who already own the v911.

A prebuilt v911 BnF would be nice...but that would have to come from the factory I suppose. Or Banggood would have to take apart the RTF version.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 10:48 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
If you want a second heli, than a BNF is the better option (than a KIT) for beginners. But it would probably cost more, because assembly needs working hands that cost...

In my opinion, a KIT is better, for being cheaper, and it can be used as a whole set of replacement parts for the RTF.
Even a beginner, who is assembling a KIT, as hard as it can be, will benefit a lot from the assembly - this the best way to learn about the machine and parts functionality and trouble shooting. "Trial and Error" learning is the hardest, but the best.