HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Today, 06:05 AM
JettPilot's Avatar
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BieneFlyer View Post
Speaking of that, When I ordered my Dragonlink kit, I also tried to order the USB kit to upgrade the firmware, but it said out of stock.

Anywhere else I can get that cable?
They are in stock, I you can purchase them now.

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 06:13 AM
JettPilot's Avatar
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Level Flight View Post
All sounds good, but do you have some kind of estimate for the left-to-right reception quality before you have to pan the yagi? For example, if I'm shooting left-to-right along the front of a building that is 100 yards wide, at some point am I going to have to move the yagi to follow the heli? Granted, not every shoot is going to present this kind of challenge but it is an actual upcoming project.

Overall, I'm looking for the best compromise for a solo pilot: is it this combo or should I be looking at a tracking system as well?
I do not use an antenna tracker, and just mount the Yagi on a Tripod, and move it by hand from time to time. Its not terribly directional, and very easy to manage. Of course this depends a LOT on your style of flying, if you fly circles around yourself a lot, then you wont like any directional antenna I do not recommend an Omnidirectional for the video receiver, unless you are basically flying within 1 Km all the time, or flying from extreme left to right, close in a lot, as range on an Omni is really horrible.

As far as directionality, I would say the Yagi is pretty close to the helical, but the Yagi vertical polarization gives you a stronger signal. A strong video signal is not only for long range, but also to assure you get very clean, interference free video with no static, with less dropouts

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:15 AM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
chanyote66's Avatar
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,809 Posts
Heres my very late submission
Firework boat 2014 Launched with Dragonlink (3 min 32 sec)
chanyote66 is online now Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 11:42 AM
Keep Flying
Swedesboro NJ
Joined May 2008
749 Posts
Hey Jettpilot

Got the Tracking number,Thanks,sad thing it wont be here til monday and i am going away monday for a week so wont be able to test til i get back,LOL was going to take it with me o well,i could have drove to Miami and been back today dont know why but thats what usps said,as soon as i get back and test it i will send the other rx back,dont want you to think i forgot about it

Thanks Ron
snoopy3440 is online now Find More Posts by snoopy3440
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:42 AM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
620 Posts
First two channels not working

Hello all,

I have a weird problem I have purchased second hand from a guy who won this set from Dragonlink last year but was not using them so so I was able to purchase this set. They should be new and not used, and as far I can judge they are new.
However I have read this tread for almost the hole part and have both receivers and transmitter upgraded to the next generation V2 software. And started up this nice set for the first time Bind both receivers and all looks ready to go but I dicovered that the outputs to the servos where different so I have tested both receivers and made a diagram to compare both.
Please see below.

Transmitter with firmware TxDLNGFW27May2014-11.dragon
Receivers v2.81 with firmware RxDLNGFW27May2014-11.dragon

Receiver 1 Receiver 2

channel channel
1 No movement 1 Aileron
2 No movement 2 Elevator
3 Throttle 3 Throttle
4 Rudder 4 Rudder
5 Aux 5 Aux
6 Aux 1 6 Aux 1
7 Aux 2 7 Aux 2
8 Aux 3 8 Aux 3
9 not tested 9 not tested
10 not tested 10 not tested
11 not tested 11 not tested
12 not tested 12 not tested

As you can see the first channels are death and do nothing at all?

I have hooked up both receivers and checked the outputs with one servo connected at each receiver so I was easily able to monitor the movements of both servos wile steering my transmitter an Futaba T9CAP 8 channels
That's why I did not test more then 8 channels

See photos,



First I used two servos at the same time later just one.






But is one receiver broken and need to be send back for repair? or can I fix this somehow.
When i power the receiver with 5 volts trough channel 1 and 2 it powers the receiver so the power lines are working but it seems there is no signal ?

Please let me know,

Kind regards,

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Last edited by Horseman; Today at 11:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:49 PM
FPV all the way!
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2013
65 Posts
Earlier today ordered a receiver, should I expect this to be on version 11?
graciaj is online now Find More Posts by graciaj
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:11 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciaj View Post
Earlier today ordered a receiver, should I expect this to be on version 11?
Yes, you'll get it with V11 firmware
Juanp is online now Find More Posts by Juanp
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:32 PM
Dixie Normious
Eastcoast78's Avatar
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Hello all,

I have a weird problem I have purchased second hand from a guy who won this set from Dragonlink last year but was not using them so so I was able to purchase this set. They should be new and not used, and as far I can judge they are new.
However I have read this tread for almost the hole part and have both receivers and transmitter upgraded to the next generation V2 software. And started up this nice set for the first time Bind both receivers and all looks ready to go but I dicovered that the outputs to the servos where different so I have tested both receivers and made a diagram to compare both.
Please see below.

Transmitter with firmware TxDLNGFW27May2014-11.dragon
Receivers v2.81 with firmware RxDLNGFW27May2014-11.dragon

Receiver 1 Receiver 2

channel channel
1 No movement 1 Aileron
2 No movement 2 Elevator
3 Throttle 3 Throttle
4 Rudder 4 Rudder
5 Aux 5 Aux
6 Aux 1 6 Aux 1
7 Aux 2 7 Aux 2
8 Aux 3 8 Aux 3
9 not tested 9 not tested
10 not tested 10 not tested
11 not tested 11 not tested
12 not tested 12 not tested

As you can see the first channels are death and do nothing at all?

I have hooked up both receivers and checked the outputs with one servo connected at each receiver so I was easily able to monitor the movements of both servos wile steering my transmitter an Futaba T9CAP 8 channels
That's why I did not test more then 8 channels

See photos,



First I used two servos at the same time later just one.






But is one receiver broken and need to be send back for repair? or can I fix this somehow.
When i power the receiver with 5 volts trough channel 1 and 2 it powers the receiver so the power lines are working but it seems there is no signal ?

Please let me know,

Kind regards,

Jan,
Try this. Change ID, set up new blank model and bind it to rx 1 and test servo outputs. Then start a new model, plug servos in the rx 2 and bind the second rx to the new model. Do not change the id again.
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 04:49 PM
JettPilot's Avatar
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
But is one receiver broken and need to be send back for repair? or can I fix this somehow.
Please let me know,

Kind regards,

Jan,
Hi Jan,

You should send me the TX and both receivers so I can not only repair the one, but update everything to the Next Generation Firmware. All Dragon Link equipment is fully guaranteed, so there will be no charge for this.

Make sure include a note of exactly what is wrong.

MICHAEL BIGELOW
4816 SW 136 PLACE
MIAMI, FL 33175
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:51 PM
JettPilot's Avatar
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy3440 View Post
Hey Jettpilot

Got the Tracking number,Thanks,sad thing it wont be here til monday and i am going away monday for a week so wont be able to test til i get back,LOL was going to take it with me o well,i could have drove to Miami and been back today dont know why but thats what usps said,as soon as i get back and test it i will send the other rx back,dont want you to think i forgot about it

Thanks Ron
Hi Ron,

That sucks you wont get to take it with you, but you will be operational very soon. No rush on the other receiver, just send it back when you get a chance. Make sure you let me know how everything goes when you get the new one !

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:52 PM
JettPilot's Avatar
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciaj View Post
Earlier today ordered a receiver, should I expect this to be on version 11?
EVERYTHING I send out is the absolute latest hardware and firmware. I would never send any of you guys old stuff

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:58 PM
Registered User
Australia, VIC, Werribee
Joined Jan 2013
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Different firmware versions are not compatible, and will not bind to each other. We list the firmware versions on the website when you purchase any receiver. You need to update your Transmitter to match the firmware of your new receivers.


The Dragon Link Next Generation Firmware is now available and was released in May 2014 !!! This firmware is a HUGE advance in all areas of performance, especially Resistance to interference. I can not stress strongly enough how much better the Dragon Link system will perform with the new Next Generation firmware installed, I encourage everyone to update their Dragon Link systems ASAP. The new Next Generation firmware can be flashed at home to any Version 2 system at home with the USB update device available from www.dragonlinkrc.com I do not have a list of changes for the new firmware, because EVERYTHING has changed. This is not an update to our firmware, this was a total rework of the entire firmware, it is very well tested, and the results have been amazing. The resistance to interference is incredible, along with increased range, and absolutely stable, rock solid control. Upgrading to the Next Generation Firmware solves so many problems, that it will be very first thing we recommend when troubleshooting problems from now on. The improvements we have made basically makes the Dragon Link a new system, and takes the Dragon Link to the next level of reliability and performance ! You can download the latest Next Generation Firmware from here: http://dragonlinkrc.com/v2/download For instructions on how to update the system, see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45bD7qvpmL4

Mike
My friend and I just updated to the Next Gen Firmware and WOW what a difference it has made to both our systems
Possibly due to some UHF source, I was often getting a failsafe at around the 7 km mark but could still fly out to 12km (battery limit not DragonLink)
With the new firmware there are no failsafes and the RSSI was holding a constant value rather than fluctuating up and down in these areas of flight.
While I have no complaints about the previous firmware the Next Gen is fantastic. Its like taking your car in for a tune up.

Thanks to the DragonLink team.

Now where are these fantastic micro RX's Mike
HelloNello is online now Find More Posts by HelloNello
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Long Range UHF RC system now avail on STOCK thomasscherrer FPV Equipment 13482 Today 04:47 AM
Yippee! Win a FREE Dragon Link UHF Long range RC system - BEST VIDEO contest for AUGUST !!! JettPilot FPV Talk 60 Yesterday 03:40 PM
Wanted Scherrer UHF long Range or Dragon Link patrick21x FPV Equipment (FS/W) 4 Aug 03, 2014 08:33 PM
New Product ChainLink UHF Long Range System siim227 FPV Talk 2853 Jul 01, 2013 04:23 PM
Yippee! Win a FREE Dragon Link UHF RC System - Video Contest JettPilot FPV Talk 63 Aug 02, 2011 10:52 PM