Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:40 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,180 Posts
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Last edited by theKM; Oct 21, 2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: my whinge about the scheme was up long enough...
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:40 PM
new jersey
Joined Aug 2003
240 Posts
Looks good to me, nice job Seth!!!
high alpha is offline Find More Posts by high alpha
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:42 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
im tired of seeing too many brushed planes

the 4 site was okay for 2 months, till it broke too easy

now this.....
lightspeeddud is offline Find More Posts by lightspeeddud
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:55 PM
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000 View Post
Thanks Dave. I guess it was just a hope/assumption some of were making in seeing more brushless UM coming.

We thought we would just do one and stop there!

Have Fun,
David
dribbe is offline Find More Posts by dribbe
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:55 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by high alpha View Post
Looks good to me, nice job Seth!!!
I'll take that as a complement on my scheme also
Old Oct 21, 2010, 01:02 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe View Post
We thought we would just do one and stop there!

Have Fun,
David
So that's the hold up on the UMX Beast you only made one so far... No wonder the date keeps getting pushed back..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Oct 21, 2010, 01:09 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,764 Posts
This can't be called UMX if its only 1cell and brushed, BOOOO)!!!!
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Oct 21, 2010, 01:12 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,764 Posts
Also, no PNP?? another big boo, after watching the flight videos i was slightly tempted, now i'm not at all.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 01:42 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
Also, no PNP?? another big boo, after watching the flight videos i was slightly tempted, now i'm not at all.

PNP at 80 bucks I would go ahead and get in line.. But at the price they are asking seems to much money for to little plane..
Old Oct 21, 2010, 01:50 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,180 Posts
so... I don't like the fact that it uses my scheme... but why the complaints about the price or the PNP?...

it's laser cut depron with a mylar sheet to keep the weight down, it's quite a remarkable product. And the PNP... it's seriously going to need expo, so why are people complaining that it doesn't come with a cheapo RTF transmitter that will make the experience miserable?...

...flying even the Sukhoi's on an RTF transmitter is amazingly un-fun experience let alone the 4-site or this.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 01:56 PM
Post Digger
San Diego, CA
Joined Oct 2005
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
I'll take that as a complement on my scheme also
are you serious? One is 2 color scheme with a sweep on the tail and an aray of stars down the center with the motif on the wings as well. The other is a 4 color scheme with different lines and no star array. The only thing they share in common is the single, central, stretched, star on the fuse. Are you claiming intelectual rights to a star? It's a nice star and I'm sure others will emulate it or incorporate it into their designs or schemes, but I think there are enough differences in the design to say it isn't a rip off of someone elses design.

I will agree with you on the TX. The cost of including a decent TX for a RTF version would put the price through the roof. For a BNF though the price is steep which is what the others are complaining about. Not the fact that it doesn't come with a controler, but that they are not getting compensated for it's lack of controler in a price break. Thats a lot of money to pay for a brushed profile foamy. The skinned foam design has been around for years on indoor flyers. Nothing new there. Surprised we don't see more of it.
Baratacus is offline Find More Posts by Baratacus
Last edited by Baratacus; Oct 21, 2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 02:04 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
so... I don't like the fact that it uses my scheme... but why the complaints about the price or the PNP?...

it's laser cut depron with a mylar sheet to keep the weight down, it's quite a remarkable product. And the PNP... it's seriously going to need expo, so why are people complaining that it doesn't come with a cheapo RTF transmitter that will make the experience miserable?...

...flying even the Sukhoi's on an RTF transmitter is amazingly un-fun experience let alone the 4-site or this.
It's a BNF with charger and batteries.. I have enough chargers thank you don't need any more.. PNP if just the plane, manual and the nice box..

RTF would be with the cheap useless TX..
Old Oct 21, 2010, 02:07 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baratacus View Post
are you serious? One is 2 color scheme with a sweep on the tail and an aray of stars down the center with the motif on the wings as well. The other is a 4 color scheme with different lines and no star array. The only thing they share in common is the single, central, stretched, star on the fuse. Are you claiming intelectual rights to a star? It's a nice star and I'm sure others will emulate it or incorporate it into their designs or schemes, but I think there are enough differences in the design to say it isn't a rip off of someone elses design.
You have a point if this was just a random scheme against another random scheme... but Seth took it off the Osiris, it was confirmed: He had a conversation with AJ, and after the event I had a conversation with him at the ETOC. There's no doubt, and he still put it into a retail product. Whatever. I've said my bit, people will assume and conclude what they will.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 02:24 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
PNP at 80 bucks I would go ahead and get in line.. But at the price they are asking seems to much money for to little plane..
80 bucks? that's too high for what it is, i might just get a 3DHS 99buck huck instead.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 02:26 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
2,358 Posts
I think we have concluded that with the exception of a star on the side of of plane it looks nothing like "your" scheme. (I am also pretty sure there have been stars on planes for good while now )

anyways, i think I might actually buy one of these, i didn't like the looks ofr the 4site too much but still wanted a nice 3d micro - so this thing is going to fill that void perfectly.
trust416 is offline Find More Posts by trust416