HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:45 AM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR120 fan View Post
I get the impression that my skill level will also peak at FP which I'm more then happy with. Flying upside down, however impressive, really doesn't do it for me. Looping would scare the **** out of me.

After all the advice I think another coaxial is the way to go. Until I get some good time on the SR I think I would just write off the mSR if used indoors but I can see myself getting one later on when Ive got much better on the SR as i have quite a big living room and it would be good to keep my skills up.

Also the advice about just getting a cheap IR is not bad at all as my first 4 channel one that I got given in Aus that cost like $30 was actually really really fun and handled well and when it has served it purpose will be a bin job. The good thing about a blade coaxial will of course be the access to spare parts. I will give it a good think but I have just been paid so a rash decision might be in order lol

Thanks everyone
Just remember that an IR bird can only be flown indoors, as the sunlight confuses the Infra-Red system.
If you get a radio control bird, you can fly it outside also.
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Last edited by BattleDude; Sep 26, 2012 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:55 AM
United States, VT, Rutland
Joined Dec 2011
536 Posts
Quote:
After all the advice I think another coaxial is the way to go. Until I get some good time on the SR
Wait. Do you have an SR or a 120SR (or both) ? Very different animals.
My response was based on you having an SR.
Brian VT is online now Find More Posts by Brian VT
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:56 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
HI BD

Ive sent you another PM. Can you tell me if you got it ok please. Cheers
Ive sent another one BD.

If anyone can tell me how I can change the settings to save sent messages i would be grateful.

SR
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:00 AM
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
Wait. Do you have an SR or a 120SR ? Very different animals.
My response was based on you having an SR.
I have a 120SR.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:02 AM
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
Just remember that an IR bird can only be flown indoors, as the sunlight confuses the Infra-Red system.
I think I'm going to be a blade man for the foreseeable future so i doubt I will actually go the IR route. Despite them being heaps of fun for the money
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:09 AM
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
Ive worked out how to save sent messages. There is a box right under the message you just have to tick lol
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:07 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
I have successfully flown my s107g ouside in daylight and a few others, as long as you keep it out of the direct sunlight and don' t go too far away from the controller.
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:29 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,817 Posts
It's amazing how a Blade SR120 forum turns into an IR Syma commercial! At least no one's talking politics!!!!
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:43 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2011
636 Posts
What is this Syma you speak of?

My Boss bought a 120SR on my recommendation for a first RC Helicopter. He is a Car guy, so he is not new to RC or orientations. So he brought it over last night, and we went threw all the "This is what you do's" and I gave him my HP6DSM.
Told him to just pop it straight up, go for it. Up he went,,, and was hovering out of the box. He is hooked. Fish on! lol!
Again and again, the 120SR is just a rock em sock em blast of a RC Helicopter.
Blackanthem is offline Find More Posts by Blackanthem
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Sep 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
It's amazing how a Blade SR120 forum turns into an IR Syma commercial! At least no one's talking politics!!!!
Us 120SR pilots must be an easy going crowd
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:59 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
As long as we keep it to Heli's, and other legitimate questions(like how to navigate this website and such) I think we will be OK! I enjoy not having to stick "strictly" to 120SR talk completely.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:25 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackanthem View Post
What is this Syma you speak of?
That's the s107g we were discussing.
Quote:
My Boss bought a 120SR on my recommendation for a first RC Helicopter. He is a Car guy, so he is not new to RC or orientations. So he brought it over last night, and we went threw all the "This is what you do's" and I gave him my HP6DSM.
Told him to just pop it straight up, go for it. Up he went,,, and was hovering out of the box. He is hooked. Fish on! lol!
Again and again, the 120SR is just a rock em sock em blast of a RC Helicopter.
We should start a Blade SR 120 demo program. Call 1-800-FLY-a-120 and a team member from around the world will come by and demo your next hobby!!
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:20 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,332 Posts
Quote:
Ive worked out how to save sent messages. There is a box right under the message you just have to tick lol
Actually, on the Left Margin, under Your Control Panel, click Edit Option. There, you could set it up so that it will save ALL you outgoing PMs in the Sent Folder, so that you don't have to remember to check that option in every single PM.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Last edited by Heli Pad; Sep 26, 2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:07 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Actually, on the Left Margin, under Your Control Panel, click Edit Option. There, you could set it up so that it will save ALL you outgoing PMs in the Sent Folder, so that you don't have to remember to check that option in very single PM.
You can do it either way, as the checkbox SR120 Fan is talking about, stays checked, untill unchecked.

Update:
I was wrong about this, and Heli Pad was correct. Control Panel checkbox stays permanent, checkbox below the current sent PM is temporary.
Last edited by BattleDude; Sep 27, 2012 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Error correction
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:32 AM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,275 Posts
Has anyone flew a 450 or 500 (or so) after the 120SR?

I was told that if you can fly well a 120SR a 450 or bigger (of course if its fairly good adjusted and has not problems ) its even easier..

My biggest problem with the 120SR is that tendency of going elsewhere when you try to stop ... i guess probably due to the 45 flybar.. you release the sticks and it just pitches up a lot and then rockets backwards
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi