Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:40 PM
The Far East
Joined Jan 2006
853 Posts
Discussion
Easy Built Models Gremlin conversion

Has anybody converted this cute little FF glider to RC?? With current small lightweight gera, this should make a nice relaxing sailplane to fly. When I buld mine, ofcourse, a new spar system is necessary, and I will probably increase the tail length by about 50 mm. Any input is appreciated.
suirendoujin is offline Find More Posts by suirendoujin
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:56 PM
The Far East
Joined Jan 2006
853 Posts
Link to the kit is here.
http://www.easybuiltmodels.com/g03.htm
Old May 08, 2010, 03:23 PM
United States, SC, Okatie
Joined Jan 2002
233 Posts
To whom it may concern,

I am planning to build an EP Gremlin for back yard soaring. I have purchased a 9g outrunner, 7A esc, 3.7g servos, and 2s 460mah lipos. 8x4 folding prop. The total payload including battery should be around 3 oz. Obviously, the wing will have to be strengthened and a removable foam piece under nose for battery removal. Its been many years since I built and flew a small powered glider, and I'm looking forward to some fun building and flying in small spaces. I may have to add a spoiler. We'll see.

Sammy
sammy is offline Find More Posts by sammy
Old May 09, 2010, 12:42 PM
SB-28 UK Display Pilot
ENGLAND
Joined Jul 2001
2,452 Posts
sammy
I'm certain you wont need a spoiler. I am equally sure if you keep it nice and light it'll fly beautifully. Watching closely as I have a Gremlin kit on the shelf that's very near the top of the pile
GeeW is offline Find More Posts by GeeW
Old May 16, 2010, 08:39 AM
The Far East
Joined Jan 2006
853 Posts
Speak of the devil and,

Well, I had thought, was quite certain that this thread was DEAD!! And when I started to cut balsa and bass wood today, noticed that this thread wasnt dead afterall My first intention was to build and fly her, and then post some pics and forget about this thread that I had started. But,..........
I intend to build her as a backpack sloper. Small and compact. Two piece wing and detchabel stab and elevator. Yes, this will add weight, but I want to fly a plane that would swing heads at the summit not from the whipping noise it makes through speed runs, but from the aethetic beauty of the plane itself in flight. A long shot, I know, but I beleive this to be one noble way to promote this hobby.
Old May 16, 2010, 09:19 AM
United States, SC, Okatie
Joined Jan 2002
233 Posts
Lookin' good!

I also have been thinking of making it so it can be taken apart and carried in a box on trips.
sammy is offline Find More Posts by sammy
Old May 16, 2010, 11:57 AM
SB-28 UK Display Pilot
ENGLAND
Joined Jul 2001
2,452 Posts
Impressed, and watching closely.
GeeW is offline Find More Posts by GeeW
Old May 16, 2010, 12:25 PM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Jan 2010
931 Posts
Yes! Vintage Floaters!

Yes, I agree! So far the only plane I have made has a 2 piece wing and removable tail pieces so I can hike and bike and fly. I like watching other people fly fast and do acrobatics but I just like nice built-up framed planes that float around looking like they're just having a good time floating around. My eventual goal after building 2 more kit planes is to make my own design 2 Meter-ish albatrossy winged plane and maybe do a semi-steep gullwing polyhedral. I might make 2 wings, one "standard" polyhedral and the other "gullwing" polyhedral with the same center-to-tips height just for curiousity and possibly for different flying conditions.

Keep us posted with the pictures!

Thanks - Paul
Pauliwog is offline Find More Posts by Pauliwog
Old May 22, 2010, 07:02 AM
The Far East
Joined Jan 2006
853 Posts
Well, didn't quite like the way the fuse clutch came out, so decided to build it again. This time, use thinner balsa and built top and bottom clutch separately, on top of one another. This way, you get, in theory, two identical pieces. Now, I will build the top half and the bottom half of the fuse separately and join them together when done. Much better than building one half first, and then building the second half on top of it later on.
Old May 22, 2010, 09:31 AM
The Far East
Joined Jan 2006
853 Posts
Bit more progress. Worked on the bottom half of the fuse. Hope it wont warp and turn into a wine opener as the balsa dries.
Last edited by suirendoujin; May 22, 2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old May 22, 2010, 01:46 PM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Jan 2010
931 Posts
Progress.....

Hey, Cool! Keep it coming! -Paul
Pauliwog is offline Find More Posts by Pauliwog
Old May 23, 2010, 07:05 AM
The Far East
Joined Jan 2006
853 Posts
Well, more work done today. Started work on the top half. More work to be done on the fuse before I can proceed to the wing and empennage.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:02 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,972 Posts
Will be continued?
Up&Away is offline Find More Posts by Up&Away