HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2013, 08:47 AM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2006
431 Posts
Question
Good Tutorial of Rhino to build a model hull

Hi everyone

Is there a quick tutorial to use Rhino to build a model ship hull, all I need is to measure the size of 1/350 model hull, and use the data to contrsuct a plank-strip model boat hull in rhino.

There are plenty of online tutorial, but they are complex and not very relevant to the tiny function of mine. From my rough data, can I just draw plank lit on paper, and create shearline and smooth out a hull shape. (I may use the 3D model later to create plank plan for lazer cut). But I just don't have too much time go through the entire 3D tutorial world.
modelerchina is offline Find More Posts by modelerchina
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:25 AM
The Junk Man
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Jul 2006
1,311 Posts
Well, sorry... but every CAD package takes time to master, even for simple stuff. And designing a boat hull is not a simple" task... no matter which program you use.

Tom
T_om is offline Find More Posts by T_om
Old Nov 26, 2013, 06:02 PM
mcg
Joined Jul 2005
704 Posts
A couple of links: The first is a basic Rhino hull tutorial. If you leaf through it it will show you what is involved. The second link is a CAD hull design forum. .

http://www.3drender.com/rhino/boathtml/index.htm
http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/design-software/

There are probably Rhino3D user groups and training facilities in the Toronto.area.
mcg is offline Find More Posts by mcg