HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:46 AM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,224 Posts
Along with it's already commanding size , it would sure add Authenticity " !! Not to mention longer flying times, and as said, save some serious cash.

With the quality workmanship you've put into it thus far--it deserves a turbine!...
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2014, 12:42 PM
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,287 Posts
At the size of your 100 a turbine is going to be hard to beat!...not much to think about just go for it..If you had an electric set up on hand that would be one thing ...
turbonut is online now Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Aug 21, 2014, 02:02 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
7,981 Posts
Yeah. I am sure i willbfibd another field tjat allows turbines soon. Made a quick tank with lost foam andceach tank would hold 70ozs....more than needed actually
Tumbler is online now Find More Posts by Tumbler
Old Aug 21, 2014, 03:02 PM
United States, TX, Schertz
Joined Mar 2006
1,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
Yeah. I am sure i willbfibd another field tjat allows turbines soon. Made a quick tank with lost foam andceach tank would hold 70ozs....more than needed actually
Brian:

Really nice work on the plane. Rather than build your own tanks try Gary at Jet Tech. A few of my friends and I have bought his tanks and they are first rate. Also, he can modify a tank to fit your needs. Very knowledgeable guy and his hardware is really nice.

http://www.jettechusa.com/pages/frontpage

Ed
A10pilot is online now Find More Posts by A10pilot
Last edited by A10pilot; Aug 21, 2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 03:45 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
7,981 Posts
I have bought from him before but when you know how to make them yourself and can make them custom to fit your plane, I think its better to just make your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A10pilot View Post
Brian:

Really nice work on the plane. Rather than build your own tanks try Gary at Jet Tech. A few of my friends and I have bought his tanks and they are first rate. Also, he can modify a tank to fit your needs. Very knowledgeable guy and his hardware is really nice.

http://www.jettechusa.com/pages/frontpage

Ed
Old Aug 28, 2014, 01:28 PM
C-5 Flight Engineer
Joined May 2005
410 Posts
Brian, you really have become great at molding! WHen is a kit going to be available (for turbine) ;-). This is a perfect everyday-flyer size! Nick
PANTHERFLYR is offline Find More Posts by PANTHERFLYR
Old Aug 28, 2014, 03:20 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
7,981 Posts
Haha thanks Nick! Its 93% of the size of a BVM F-100. To answer ypur question, I would say never lol. Takes so long to lay up parts that I dread doing it for myself. My buddy is coming over to lay one up so you are welcome to do the same. Baby is due 10/22 so probably won't even get this done to fly this year which sucks.

Just about done with the tank mold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANTHERFLYR View Post
Brian, you really have become great at molding! WHen is a kit going to be available (for turbine) ;-). This is a perfect everyday-flyer size! Nick
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:03 PM
C-5 Flight Engineer
Joined May 2005
410 Posts
Dang! New Jersey is really far from California! Maybe one day if you don't get rid of the molds. I will have to go to NJ for work occasionally, just haven't yet. :-)
PANTHERFLYR is offline Find More Posts by PANTHERFLYR
Old Yesterday, 07:07 AM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
7,981 Posts
Just make sure you set aside a week to do all the layups.
Fuselage, stabs, fins, bombs, pylons, intakes, and fuel tanks. over 40 hours tovlay up everything I am sure. Its not bad when ypu have to lay up one thing here and thete but everything all at once would suck lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANTHERFLYR View Post
Dang! New Jersey is really far from California! Maybe one day if you don't get rid of the molds. I will have to go to NJ for work occasionally, just haven't yet. :-)
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Mar 2004
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
Just make sure you set aside a week to do all the layups.
Fuselage, stabs, fins, bombs, pylons, intakes, and fuel tanks. over 40 hours tovlay up everything I am sure. Its not bad when ypu have to lay up one thing here and thete but everything all at once would suck lol.
Looking good on the Hun man!

One thing i found that helps reduce your layup times is templates! I bought a bunch of .040" plastic sheets (4'x8') and made paper templates that i transferred to the plastic and then cut out the plastic. It used to take 3-4 hours to cutout fabric and core layers for a set of my F14s stabs. I can so it in 20-30 minute now. The plastic was only about $80 for 3 sheets, well worth the $$$.
invertmast is online now Find More Posts by invertmast
Old Today, 05:20 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
7,981 Posts
Thanks Thomas but I already have tenplates so I can I cant shave any time lol. I dont plan to make nore than a couple so no big deal.

Actual fuel tank holds exactly 60ozs do thats 128 with the 8oz header. More than needed for the K80 I planned to use but can never have too much fuel. still might go with 2 6s 8000 mah and do electric. Can't decide

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertmast View Post
Looking good on the Hun man!

One thing i found that helps reduce your layup times is templates! I bought a bunch of .040" plastic sheets (4'x8') and made paper templates that i transferred to the plastic and then cut out the plastic. It used to take 3-4 hours to cutout fabric and core layers for a set of my F14s stabs. I can so it in 20-30 minute now. The plastic was only about $80 for 3 sheets, well worth the $$$.
Old Today, 05:28 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
7,993 Posts
Pristine work, as we've come to expect. The only problem is that I can smell the kero from here.

Super nice! Your quickie tanks make my outside finish look like 40 grit sandpape .
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member