HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:05 PM
Brighto?
United States, DE, Newark
Joined Dec 2003
647 Posts
Discussion
Some Suggestions Needed

I have a set of scanned drawings I'd like to work with. The drawing set was originally completed on mylar and this set is a copy of those drawings. Unfortunately the original mylars have been lost so I am left with is this. The drawings were scanned as .tif files which I imported into my CAD program (Progecad, an Autocad clone). I have done this before with Autocad with good success. The scanned drawings were possibly reproduced on the ozalid process. I believe that the scan rate may have been too high as the imported .tif is loading the background paper, causing all the black areas that mask the detail I want to trace.

I question is how can I clean up the .tif files without too much work. MS Paint isn't the way to go!
Mike Denest is offline Find More Posts by Mike Denest
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:55 PM
Laser Cutter Guy
United States, PA, Greensburg
Joined Oct 2009
245 Posts
Have you tried Corel yet?
RCROBBY is offline Find More Posts by RCROBBY
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:57 PM
Brighto?
United States, DE, Newark
Joined Dec 2003
647 Posts
Not yet. I don't have a current copy but if I can get one cheap enough I'll give it a go.

Were you referring to Corel Draw or Paint Shop?
Mike Denest is offline Find More Posts by Mike Denest
Last edited by Mike Denest; Dec 13, 2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:27 PM
Laser Cutter Guy
United States, PA, Greensburg
Joined Oct 2009
245 Posts
Corel draw, use the trace commands and it play with the detail levels and you should get close. Lots of cleanup work but you will get it.
RCROBBY is offline Find More Posts by RCROBBY