SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:15 AM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
They've apparently been paying attention, that's for sure. The sheer number of micro FPV project threads around here has been providing me alot of reading homework in the past couple of months or so.

I haven't had a chance to read all about this yet, but it certainly is a smart move for Walkera I think.

edit: I'm curious to find out what the all up weight of that Ladybird is...

edit 2 ! : Thay aren't offering the Ladybird V1 any more?
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Last edited by Tony Twoskids; Dec 12, 2012 at 11:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:46 AM
Joined Feb 2012
82 Posts
If Walkera is really serious into fpv, then they would ad a wide angle lense or offer one that fits.

Beside the "field of view" question, i would like to know:

- Which 5.8gHz frequencies do they use? the common "chinese" frequencies (compatible wih the rc305 receivers)

- This FPV-Module has 5 - 8 Volt working voltige. The Walkera micro quads use 1 cell lipos (3.7 Volt), so you need an additional (heavy) 2 cell lipo?

Hmm ... we will see
barometer is offline Find More Posts by barometer
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:54 AM
United States, OK, Lawton
Joined Apr 2011
427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barometer View Post
If Walkera is really serious into fpv, then they would ad a wide angle lense or offer one that fits.

Beside the "field of view" question, i would like to know:

- Which 5.8gHz frequencies do they use? the common "chinese" frequencies (compatible wih the rc305 receivers)

- This FPV-Module has 5 - 8 Volt working voltige. The Walkera micro quads use 1 cell lipos (3.7 Volt), so you need an additional (heavy) 2 cell lipo?

Hmm ... we will see
when I purchased the fpv stuff for the ladybug, I made sure that the camera and vtx both worked on 1S without any regulators, and they do. I chose not to try to use the flight battery to power the fpv stuff. I figured there would be too much noise from the motors. I've seen in other threads, that the same approach was used.
midiman007 is offline Find More Posts by midiman007
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:53 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,971 Posts
This is great news. While expensive, hopefully others will follow suit and come up with their own versions (both FPV and simple recording). As I said in the other thread, micro quads still have alot of innovation left in them before they go they way of fixed pitch helis.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: RC Logger Eye One Xtreme
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:37 PM
Madrid, Spain
Joined Oct 2009
549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoskids View Post
They've apparently been paying attention, that's for sure. The sheer number of micro FPV project threads around here has been providing me alot of reading homework in the past couple of months or so.

I haven't had a chance to read all about this yet, but it certainly is a smart move for Walkera I think.

edit: I'm curious to find out what the all up weight of that Ladybird is...

edit 2 ! : They aren't offering the Ladybird V1 any more?
I think this V2 FPV is derived from the V1 Ladybird and not from the V2 which is somehow a diminished Ladybird. But still the V1 should be an option.
Ariete is offline Find More Posts by Ariete
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:39 PM
Madrid, Spain
Joined Oct 2009
549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by midiman007 View Post
when I purchased the fpv stuff for the ladybug, I made sure that the camera and vtx both worked on 1S without any regulators, and they do. I chose not to try to use the flight battery to power the fpv stuff. I figured there would be too much noise from the motors. I've seen in other threads, that the same approach was used.
Same here and the vtx gets really hot with 1S.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:49 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
2,000 Posts
Nice to see Walkera entering the micro FPV market too. I've been messing with their sample Devo F7 setup and VTX and I can say their second sample they sent has been improved. Image and range is way better now. I do wish the camera had wide angle lens to see more though. I'll suggest that to them and we'll see if they will make it work But I definitely need to get the micro FPV setup for my ladybird! The ladybird flies so good and FPV would just complete it
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:03 PM
Madrid, Spain
Joined Oct 2009
549 Posts
Hi Tony,
do you have idea when are they going to release the F7 and the FPV models?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:34 PM
United States, OK, Lawton
Joined Apr 2011
427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
But I definitely need to get the micro FPV setup for my ladybird! The ladybird flies so good and FPV would just complete it
I'm waiting to see that Tony

Kenny
midiman007 is offline Find More Posts by midiman007
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:17 AM
Joined Feb 2010
35 Posts
Hi midiman, what range do you get with the 10mW VTX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiman007 View Post
I'm really looking forward to the time when I'm good enough to fly around my house fpv, watching my bigscreen tv, using a nanoquad. These things are nearly indestructible. They're a great way to log flight time with fpv, without breaking the bank I just can't think of a more fun way to fly. FPV is the future, IMHO, and Walkera, obviously, recognizes that. My hat's off to them for moving in that direction.
As seen before I attached to a Ladybird a 1g cam + 1.2g 5.8Ghz 10mW VTX from FPVHobby fed trough a 3.7 to 5V booster from Polulu. Using Ch2 connection with a Boscam RC305 VRX equipped with a Spironet I get a good video communication but not exceeding 30m, providing I do not fly behind a bush. I tried replaced the small original VTX antenna with a cloverleaf (see picture) I got an even worse range.
JYVAI is offline Find More Posts by JYVAI
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:59 AM
Joined Sep 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
The good thing is that the devo F7 has video and audio output so you can use your goggles
I hope walkera makes use of their telemetry systems with some kind of OSD (on screen display), until now it was useless, who can look at the screen and control the aircraft at the same time? not me.
I received my Devo F7 yesterday, and made a short test with a chinese 5.8GHz video-tx and my GoPro HD 2, with 5645MHz (on the tx) i got a picture on channel 1/8 of the Devo F7.
Telemetry is made as an on-screen display. Now I'm waiting for the Walkera TX5805 to add to my Ladybird, Infra X or Hoten X.

This is the plug'n'play system, I was waiting for!
SkyFlyCam is offline Find More Posts by SkyFlyCam
Last edited by SkyFlyCam; Dec 16, 2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:32 PM
Madrid, Spain
Joined Oct 2009
549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlyCam View Post
I received my Devo F7 yesterday, and made a short test with a chinese 5.8GHz video-tx and my GoPro HD 2, with 5645MHz (on the tx) i got a picture on channel 1/8 of the Devo F7.
Telemetry is made as an on-screen display. Now I'm waiting for the Walkera TX5805 to add to my Ladybird, Infra X or Hoten X.

This is the plug'n'play system, I was waiting for!
Nice
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:16 AM
sardis,bc
Joined Sep 2003
502 Posts
what is the differance between the devo 7 in skyflycams pics above and the devo 7 that the walkera infra x quad comes with??
CRASH GORDON is offline Find More Posts by CRASH GORDON
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:40 AM
United States, MI, Commerce
Joined Aug 2012
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH GORDON View Post
what is the differance between the devo 7 in skyflycams pics above and the devo 7 that the walkera infra x quad comes with??
The one in pics above is the Devo F7. Its the FPV version. The standard one is the Devo 7.
Taddeo is offline Find More Posts by Taddeo
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:25 AM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Is that little sun shade flip thing incorporated in the transmitter.. I guess what I'm asking is does it fold down to protect the screen, or do you snap it in place to use?

Would be quite nice to be able to pop it down to cover the screen
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids