HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:48 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2006
177 Posts
California probably wasn't included because Comcast closed all of their phone centers in the state and layed off about 3,000 workers. I wonder what that does to the jobless stats?
Windrider53 is offline Find More Posts by Windrider53
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:42 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,776 Posts
It was indeed a lie... and from our sleazball government and the liberal press, you were expecting?????????
schrederman is online now Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:04 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
It was indeed a lie... and from our sleazball government and the liberal press, you were expecting?????????
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:17 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop View Post
Highflight does everything better than anyone. Just ask him....
I've made plenty of mistakes, but unlike Libs in government who can spend other people's money and not suffer any consequences, my mistakes were cruel and pinpointed lessons to myself about what does, and doesn't, work.
When I have made seriously wrong decisions, no one ever came up behind me and handed me a check and a pat on the back to encourage me to go make the same mistakes again (apply this to anyone in a ghetto on the government dole who will never get out of poverty no matter what you give them).

I paid for my mistakes while the government spenders let other people (taxpayers like me again) pay for their mistakes, so either way, I have to pay for other people's mistakes as well as my own, and that's why I'm a really pissed off old man. I understand that I have to pay for my own mistakes (and I should), but I do not understand why I have to pay for other people's mistakes (because I shouldn't)..
I just want to be left alone to do what I know best how to do it. All of the clear precepts of our Constitution point to my being left alone, so I tend to support anyone who openly supports the base principles of our Constitution without the Lib judge re-interpretations we keep getting.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:27 AM
Bagpipes spoken here
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Aug 2007
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
I've made plenty of mistakes, but unlike Libs in government who can spend other people's money and not suffer any consequences, my mistakes were cruel and pinpointed lessons to myself about what does, and doesn't, work.
When I have made seriously wrong decisions, no one ever came up behind me and handed me a check and a pat on the back to encourage me to go make the same mistakes again (apply this to anyone in a ghetto on the government dole who will never get out of poverty no matter what you give them).

I paid for my mistakes while the government spenders let other people (taxpayers like me again) pay for their mistakes, so either way, I have to pay for other people's mistakes as well as my own, and that's why I'm a really pissed off old man. I understand that I have to pay for my own mistakes (and I should), but I do not understand why I have to pay for other people's mistakes (because I shouldn't)..
I just want to be left alone to do what I know best how to do it. All of the clear precepts of our Constitution point to my being left alone, so I tend to support anyone who openly supports the base principles of our Constitution without the Lib judge re-interpretations we keep getting.
I take it then, HF, that you are no fan of Wall Street? Through their own greed and malfeasance, they destroyed billions of taxpayers' wealth as well as that of private and public institutions.

Most of them got taxpayer bailouts and are once again paying out exhorbident bonuses as if nothing ever happened.
Pipemajor is offline Find More Posts by Pipemajor
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Dec 2005
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
I take it then, HF, that you are no fan of Wall Street? Through their own greed and malfeasance, they destroyed billions of taxpayers' wealth as well as that of private and public institutions.

Most of them got taxpayer bailouts and are once again paying out exhorbident bonuses as if nothing ever happened.
You might be right. Can you give me the name of Wall Street's CEO so I can write him/her a letter please? They do sound like a poorly ran company.
crashdummy6 is offline Find More Posts by crashdummy6
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:09 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post

"Wall Street" is an investment structure that has created wealth for millions upon millions of ordinary citizens over it's lifetime.
But nothing is "for sure". If you want to profit from your money, then you have to accept that there are risks as well. If it was a sure thing, then everyone would be doing it.
No one who lost money in the Market was ever forced to put their money there. It's a choice, and a choice with some risk.
With government, it's neither a choice, nor is it EVER profitable. You can't even say it's a risk because losing your money to government taxation is a sure thing to lose.

I'll take the risk/reward Wall Street over the sure-thing-loss of government any day of the week when it comes to spending MY money.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:52 PM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,166 Posts
Quote:
In all these threads, there sure are a lot of people who flunked Economics 101 and now come back to be self-professed experts.
The foolish assumptions and suppositions are tiring.

It is no wonder that half the country supports Obamanomics.
Quote:

The fact is that in your post which caused my comment, and due to the numbers of posts like this in the past, it is obvious you hold yourself above others whom you do not know, nor do you know their life experiences, integrity or hearts and minds, and pass judgment based on your personal self evaluation.

I find it troubling when people are successful, and look around them and are bitter at those who are not successful. I cannot fathom that mindset. The person you abhor for their failure, in my opinion, can have lived a life where they used guidelines like honesty, sacrifice, personal integrity, love of family, a good life, a law abiding life, and still can fail, and that doesn't make them stupid or inferior. You didn't live their life, and you do not know that if you had, you would have done better, It is that choice one makes on how they establish the rules for themselves with regard to how they interact in the world that is in my opinion far more important than money or acquired things.

This is what I find missing in your judgement and attitude. That allowance that perhaps your solitary experience is not the only experience by which any person on this forum should be measured by. A persons's successes in acquiring worldly goods does not measure their humanity or integrity at all. There are multitudes of variables one cannot even properly judge, and that goes even more strongly on this type of forum.
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:42 PM
Dave?
Joined Aug 2003
1,626 Posts
Lower percentage of participation in the workforce due to no jobs abd benefits ran out, number of people under employed, people that are not listed by being put on disablity coupled with a growth in population and fewer jobs today than when the messiah showed up = higher unemployment. Quit trying to blow smoke up our backsides.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:20 AM
1984 is no longer fiction
United States
Joined Mar 2012
424 Posts
Lets do the math:

Month _________Jobs Created____________Unemployment
May............................69,000............. ....................Up to 8.2%
June ......................... 80,000................................ UNCHANGED at 8.2%
July........................... 163,000............................... UP to 8.3%
August ........................ 96,000 ..............................Down to 8.1% ?????? (the election approaching)
Sept.............................114,000.......... ....................Down to 7.8% ?????? (the election imminent)

The administration says the seemingly contradictory numbers are because they no longer count the discouraged workers who have given up looking for work.

IMAGINE - as soon as everyone quits looking for work we will have zero unemployment !

INSANITY
War is Peace is offline Find More Posts by War is Peace
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:25 AM
My poor poor planes.
United States, LA, Lake Charles
Joined May 2012
327 Posts
I can't understand how they can count people looking for work as employed?????? Thats nuts!
winndaddy is offline Find More Posts by winndaddy
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:47 AM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Don't know if this has been posted, but it's the simplest illumination of a blatantly political move by social "justice" queen Solis's team of disinterested experts...
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:18 AM
My poor poor planes.
United States, LA, Lake Charles
Joined May 2012
327 Posts
So, you just bypass all the bull and the real number for unemployment is 14.7%.
winndaddy is offline Find More Posts by winndaddy
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:25 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winndaddy View Post
So, you just bypass all the bull and the real number for unemployment is 14.7%.
At least - probably nearer 205

And there it will stay - regardless of who sits in the Whitehouse
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:52 AM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
No. By reducing taxes and freeing buisness from the fear of even more regulatory punishment and market distortion, the unemployment rate would go down.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat