HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:12 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,829 Posts
G'day folks,

Can anyone recommend some replacement bearings for the rear wheel and gyro setup? I stripped the wheel down to put the motard tyres on and the shaft along with the bearings were pretty rusty and the gyro now is unbearably loud! I'd like to replace them and get the thing to quiten down.

Somewhere in Aus would be great!!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:28 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
G'day folks,

Can anyone recommend some replacement bearings for the rear wheel and gyro setup? I stripped the wheel down to put the motard tyres on and the shaft along with the bearings were pretty rusty and the gyro now is unbearably loud! I'd like to replace them and get the thing to quiten down.

Somewhere in Aus would be great!!
Hi mate, redstar have the replacement bearings but if you want better quality the only other place i know of in Aus is small parts & bearings but they can be expensive, or you could try CBC bearings to see if they have the sizes.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:35 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Hi mate, redstar have the replacement bearings but if you want better quality the only other place i know of in Aus is small parts & bearings but they can be expensive, or you could try CBC bearings to see if they have the sizes.
Cool. Do you know what size they are?
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:58 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,764 Posts
Quote:
Cool. Do you know what size they are?
The gyro bearings are 12 x 21 x 5mm & the smaller one is 5 x 13 x 4mm you need 3 for the gyro & 1 for the axle.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:08 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,829 Posts
Sweet as! Thanks TJ!
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:52 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,829 Posts
I ended up buying the bearing kit from fasteddy as after I posted I remembered it being talked about a few pages back.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:49 AM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
I ended up buying the bearing kit from fasteddy as after I posted I remembered it being talked about a few pages back.
Hi,

Let us know how it does.

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:35 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Lipo c ratings

Not intending to start a "Which is the best Lipo" or preaching to the converted but recently purchased a new lipo rated 50C and I was doubtfull regarding the claim .
I think we are all aware that the C rating is always in question as the manufacturers never states as to how they arrived at the figure .
Posted an question on the battery forum where ended up getting a PM from a very informative fellow who it turned out has done extensive testing of lipo performances .
Gave me a good basic insight and directed me to this Excel sheet

http://www.jj604.com/LiPoTool/

A simple entry of the cells internal resistance or IR gives the actual C rating.
By use of a watt meter , fixed load of a vehicle head lamp bulb and Ohms law arrived at the IR of some packs .
Results were disturbing where the recently purchased branded 5000ma 50C pack was only actual at 22C
Splashed out on a dedicated meter that gives accurate total pack IR along with individual cell IR
Again discovered some packs where they were showing a balanced voltage but cells within the pack having very differing IR readings .Start to load up the pack the cell with higher resistance will heat up doing more damage .
Refering back to the tool I played around a bit with a range of differing IR readings where for the pack rated at 5000Ma 50C the cell resistance would have to be in the region of 0.5 Ohme . Not rocket science to see that is virtually impossible so in the future I will be passing on any packs rated 50C and perhaps work on max of 30c .
Am reliably informed there is a new player in the lipo market by the name of Haiyin where a few of the electric flying lads have been getting excellent results.
There is a UK stockist ,Electriflyer, currently with a small range of soft pack but expanding the range with hard pack so perhaps will be giving those a try

Jim
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:46 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,754 Posts
Just thought Id share. Working on my Ryan Villopoto replica based on Round 1 of supercross. He was wearing new "Thor core phase coil" gear thats pretty tricky, in other words a real pain in the arse to replicate. Looks a little sloppy up close and colors (red especially) not a good match. Wish I had an airbrush. Just need to finish details on this guy and I can move on to stickers for bike and then Im done maybe next week.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:51 PM
At peace with his albatross
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Just thought Id share. Working on my Ryan Villopoto replica based on Round 1 of supercross. He was wearing new "Thor core phase coil" gear thats pretty tricky, in other words a real pain in the arse to replicate. Looks a little sloppy up close and colors (red especially) not a good match. Wish I had an airbrush. Just need to finish details on this guy and I can move on to stickers for bike and then Im done maybe next week.
Looks good to me! Is this that craytex paint?
wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:01 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,754 Posts
Yeah, well, actually the black and white are Createx brand from 2yrs ago. I went back this year and Michaels sells this Spectre brand now. Seems even more watered down then Createx. It takes a long bit of time because its like reverse order of painting a body, so if you want bright colors you have to have a white background. The deegan rider foam is so the outside skin of deegan where the red is has a waterproof like resistance to paint not experienced like I had with the vmx rider, so it took a few coats of paint jut to cover it up. Paint is thin so I wish I had an airbrush to really see if that method takes less time and less paint to get good results. So far black is the only color that covers in like 1-2 coats easy without a watercolor look to it, all other colors so far take more coats. Nice thing is it dries fast.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:15 PM
At peace with his albatross
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,290 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, well, actually the black and white are Createx brand from 2yrs ago. I went back this year and Michaels sells this Spectre brand now. Seems even more watered down then Createx. It takes a long bit of time because its like reverse order of painting a body, so if you want bright colors you have to have a white background. The deegan rider foam is so the outside skin of deegan where the red is has a waterproof like resistance to paint not experienced like I had with the vmx rider, so it took a few coats of paint jut to cover it up. Paint is thin so I wish I had an airbrush to really see if that method takes less time and less paint to get good results. So far black is the only color that covers in like 1-2 coats easy without a watercolor look to it, all other colors so far take more coats. Nice thing is it dries fast.
Does the Spectre paint need heat to cure like the Createx? Is Spectre flexible?
wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:50 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,764 Posts
Quote:
Awesome mate
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:44 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
Does the Spectre paint need heat to cure like the Createx? Is Spectre flexible?
Sorry, my bad its (Badger) Spectra paints and from what Im reading its a lot thinner paint then Createx so no wonder its taking more coats. if you can find the Createx thats what I used first time. Anyways, Im treating it the same so yeah heat to cure. Flexible but wont know how well until it gets bashed. If your not sure, try just doing one thing to test, like boots or helmet. Sorry cant give more info on this other brand, its all experimentation as Im only one doing it. I will say I had good luck with the Createx on first Vinnie rider as he is a little beat up but the paint never flaked off. Hope the spectra paints do the same but sucks they are so thin like water.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:02 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,829 Posts
Hey fellas,

I tried the SMR road tyres today and they were crap! The bike just wouldn't turn at all!! With the nobbys I can get a radius of about 3 feet but these things weren't turning in the space of a normal street!! Any ideas?