SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:09 PM
Joined Jan 2009
80 Posts
Help!
AR6115e Won't Enter Bind Mode

I decided I was tired of being the only 72mhz guy on the field so recently I shelved my trusty (working) JR 6102 and got the DX8 with the two free receiver deal.

Now I am trying to bind the Ar6115e with the DX8 and the AR6115e WILL NOT enter bind mode. According to the instructions, when you have an ESC that provides rx power, you are supposed to plug the wire from the ESC to the throttle position and put the bind plug on bind/data then apply batter power.

When I do that, I'm SUPPOSSED to see a flashing orange light to indicate the rx is in bind mode but that doesn't happen. I've tried binding other receivers with no problem but this rx just won't go into bind mode.

What's the deal???......missing my 6102 already
PA44Capt is offline Find More Posts by PA44Capt
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:18 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,095 Posts
Have you tried binding the other receivers yet? It could be the bind plug, battery in incorrectly, or other things.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:33 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA44Capt View Post
... What's the deal???......missing my 6102 already
You can connect the esc or any power source with the proper voltage to any of the ports on the rx leaving the Batt/BIND/Data port free for the bind plug.

Make sure bind plug is properly seated, connect power and of course LED should be flashing.

Now if you are not even getting to this point but have bound other RX with the same plug, chances are the problem lies with that RX and if you bought localy you could go back with the components to get first hand help and they might be able to exchange the RX right there for you. (maybe)

Good luck..
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Apr 11, 2012, 03:27 PM
Joined Jan 2009
80 Posts
Thanks for the responses guys. I wish I could blame the problem on a faulty rx or bad battery but unfortunately the problem is a faulty modeler.....

So it turns out that if you plug the power line in backwards that the LED's on the receiver WILL come on, but will not do anything else. When you turn the plug around the other way with the bind plug in, everything works as advertised.

In my defense, the rx is labeled poorly as to which way is the correct polarity but....that's a pretty weak defense. Woops
PA44Capt is offline Find More Posts by PA44Capt
Old Apr 11, 2012, 03:34 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,639 Posts
- means negative
+ means positive
~ means signal

In almost all cases the pins closest to the edge are the negative. Where the pins are on the side then the pins near the bottom are the negative.

The important thing is you got it figured out now and can go fly.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:09 PM
High Voltage
United States, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Oct 2011
34 Posts
Ive have had two of these recievers in a couple of my foamies and have had nothing but problems with them. One of them lock out and crashed one of my planes and I sent another back to Horizon because it wouldnt power up anymore ( solid red light ). A friend of mine had the same thing happened. They are junk so beware. The ar500 are better as well as the ar6200..
dhf23 is offline Find More Posts by dhf23
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:32 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,132 Posts
I have an AR6115 and I have never had a problem. It is installed in an Eflite Extra 300. I have been using it with the TM1000 and the Temp and Brushless RPM sensors.
Buschbarber is online now Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:44 AM
Joined Apr 2004
1,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA44Capt View Post
Thanks for the responses guys. I wish I could blame the problem on a faulty rx or bad battery but unfortunately the problem is a faulty modeler.....

So it turns out that if you plug the power line in backwards that the LED's on the receiver WILL come on, but will not do anything else. When you turn the plug around the other way with the bind plug in, everything works as advertised.

In my defense, the rx is labeled poorly as to which way is the correct polarity but....that's a pretty weak defense. Woops
I am surprised that the connector from the ESC could be connected both ways. Spektrum servo ports have a very tight tolerance. Many JR/Spektrum compatible connectors are difficult to insert into a servo port with the correct polarity, let alone backwards. Usually, the polarity diagram is printed on the top label of the Rx.Since the Red wire is the Center wire, reversing it should not power the Rx
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:44 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhf23 View Post
.... They are junk so beware. The ar500 are better as well as the ar6200..
And yet a large batch of AR500 did have issues and it's replaced by the AR600.
Never had issues with the AR500 and still use several of them and never had an issue with the above receiver also.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:39 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschbarber View Post
I am surprised that the connector from the ESC could be connected both ways. Spektrum servo ports have a very tight tolerance. Many JR/Spektrum compatible connectors are difficult to insert into a servo port with the correct polarity, let alone backwards. Usually, the polarity diagram is printed on the top label of the Rx.Since the Red wire is the Center wire, reversing it should not power the Rx
You've been buying hard-case receivers, Rich.

The AR61xx line has soft cases. You need to look at the case to see the polarity, it's not molded into the plastic.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:13 AM
Joined Apr 2004
1,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
You've been buying hard-case receivers, Rich.

The AR61xx line has soft cases. You need to look at the case to see the polarity, it's not molded into the plastic.

Andy
Thanks!!
Old Jul 03, 2012, 03:03 AM
Australia, QLD, Twin Waters
Joined Apr 2011
15 Posts
DX6 is not complatable with AR6115e

have a look at the Spectrum web site. It states in the section on the AR6115e that it is not compatible with the DX6....................then why do they sell them in the same box as a bonus? Alex in Australia
cunningbaldrick is offline Find More Posts by cunningbaldrick
Old Jul 03, 2012, 03:08 AM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,187 Posts
Maybe why the sell DX6i and not DX6.
Kambalunga is offline Find More Posts by Kambalunga
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:24 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningbaldrick View Post
have a look at the Spectrum web site. It states in the section on the AR6115e that it is not compatible with the DX6....................then why do they sell them in the same box as a bonus? Alex in Australia
We haven't sold DX6's in ages. In fact, we had a buy-back/upgrade program for them a while ago.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 03, 2012, 02:26 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningbaldrick View Post
I think you are talking about the DX6i, which definitely IS compatible with the AR6115e. As others have pointed out, the DX6 is long obsolete.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66