SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:08 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkeylaidback View Post
it seems to be my only recourse in getting a wing, guys that follow this brand seem to have more then one of them as I do, so I am hoping that someone has a wing sitting around
it has been two weeks and no response from 3DHS, I would like to use this brand new plane
Quote:
if it flew correctly after the repair I would not be posting for a new wing
Since you are crossposting this on every thread in the 3D forum, I will quote and reply to you here where the discussion should be.

Quote:
Must not rant!!

Just take my cash and move on to another vendor, I guess that is my only option
Yes you can move on to every other vendor that sells Skywing manufactured planes, and as far as I know none of them sell spare parts.

Understand that you are in a specialty segment of a not very mainstream hobby, and you are also buying the relatively very cheap plane. It's just not worth it for them to bother with spares on these, and they have enough trouble trying to keep inventory on everything else with the constant demand.

I repaired my 48 after a midair that resulted in far worse damage than yours and it flies like new. If it wasn't repairable, I would just buy a whole new kit and have spares on all the other parts. For $130 a majority of us have gotten soooo many hours of enjoyment out of these planes.

And try to keep whatever you buy next away from hungry and confused dogs.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:30 PM
United States, NC, Greensboro
Joined Dec 2006
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
How often do deadsticks happen if your engine is well tuned?

only when you fly so long it runs out of gas!
racerman27410 is offline Find More Posts by racerman27410
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:34 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
Since you are crossposting this on every thread in the 3D forum, I will quote and reply to you here where the discussion should be.

Yes you can move on to every other vendor that sells Skywing manufactured planes, and as far as I know none of them sell spare parts.

Understand that you are in a specialty segment of a not very mainstream hobby, and you are also buying the relatively very cheap plane. It's just not worth it for them to bother with spares on these, and they have enough trouble trying to keep inventory on everything else with the constant demand.

I repaired my 48 after a midair that resulted in far worse damage than yours and it flies like new. If it wasn't repairable, I would just buy a whole new kit and have spares on all the other parts. For $130 a majority of us have gotten soooo many hours of enjoyment out of these planes.

Is that the aurora genesis kit?
Park_aviator is online now Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:52 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Is that the aurora genesis kit?
Yup, it's just barely adequate on the 48 EPP and I had to lengthen the wing wires... I wouldn't put it on anything larger than 40" if I were to do it again.

I heard a while back they were working on a kit that was better suited to planes around the 50" range, but I haven't heard anything since.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:54 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace4 View Post
Never, unless you run out of fuel or suffer some sort of mechanical failure related to the fuel delivery in flight (which would be analogous to having your ESC fail on an electric).
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
Agree. Equipment failure or running out of gas.

I've never had a deadstick with my DLE-111

It's been good for several years
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman27410 View Post
only when you fly so long it runs out of gas!
Sweet! I think I've now settled on going GT33. I'm tired of charging lipos, and my mom doesn't like them in the house
Park_aviator is online now Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:51 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post

That looks like a shark bite!
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:57 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,139 Posts
Quote:
Sweet! I think I've now settled on going GT33. I'm tired of charging lipos, and my mom doesn't like them in the house
Chad I put this question out before I got my 2.5 week old gasser going. Consensus is properly tuned you should have no problems. properly tuned you don't need to blip the throttle if doing a long elevator. If you are going to error in tuning, error a bit on the rich side. I asked 4-5 people in Austin about my plane. All said it might be a tad rich...but they wouldn't touch a thing. I've got 2 gallons through mine now and all good so far. As suggested I also set up a low idle for on the ground and a high for flight. somewhere around 1700 and 2000.

Long flights, no batterys, I'm liking it so far.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:07 PM
Flying 2 Fight Cancer
corona, ca
Joined Feb 2011
3,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Chad I put this question out before I got my 2.5 week old gasser going. Consensus is properly tuned you should have no problems. properly tuned you don't need to blip the throttle if doing a long elevator. If you are going to error in tuning, error a bit on the rich side. I asked 4-5 people in Austin about my plane. All said it might be a tad rich...but they wouldn't touch a thing. I've got 2 gallons through mine now and all good so far. As suggested I also set up a low idle for on the ground and a high for flight. somewhere around 1700 and 2000.

Long flights, no batterys, I'm liking it so far.
Yup thats what i like also. At my field i am the only one with a gasser and yesterday with the maiden i put 6 flights thru while others had only 2-3 flights on theres That was nice
Elec 1800 is offline Find More Posts by Elec 1800
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:18 PM
Stick banger
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Oct 2004
1,031 Posts
Quote:
She probably will like having a plane in the house that smells like gasoline even less, so keep the plane in the garage.
Ace4 is offline Find More Posts by Ace4
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:33 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,596 Posts
I got probably 25 flights on my gasser before destroying it, never had a dead stick, never even a hiccup.
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:43 PM
Parkzone collector supreme
Egypt, Cairo Governorate, Cairo
Joined Oct 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
I got probably 25 flights on my gasser before destroying it, never had a dead stick, never even a hiccup.
So the plane lasts for a long time or you wipe out on the 26 th flight?
Abdul Ghafur is offline Find More Posts by Abdul Ghafur
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:47 PM
United States, NC, Greensboro
Joined Dec 2006
406 Posts
Loctite those engine bolts OS GT33

Yesterday my brothers sweet running OS GT33 suddenly cut off mid flight..... nice deadstick landing and further examination showed the rear mounting plate bolts had backed out of the engine case allowing the front part of the engine to pull past the sealing O ring = instant flame out.

Just a FYI..... mine were still tight but i took them out and loctited them anyway
there was no sign of threadlocker on any of them.

these are great running engines and i know several people are running them.... Just hate for someone to lose a plane for lack of some threadlock.
racerman27410 is offline Find More Posts by racerman27410
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:19 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman27410 View Post
Yesterday my brothers sweet running OS GT33 suddenly cut off mid flight..... nice deadstick landing and further examination showed the rear mounting plate bolts had backed out of the engine case allowing the front part of the engine to pull past the sealing O ring = instant flame out.

Just a FYI..... mine were still tight but i took them out and loctited them anyway
there was no sign of threadlocker on any of them.

these are great running engines and i know several people are running them.... Just hate for someone to lose a plane for lack of some threadlock.
Hhmm good tip, I'll have to check mine tomorrow. Last week mine flamed out and got everything down in time and that will be something to check.
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:33 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,600 Posts
If anyone has a 38 EPP Slick that they want to sell let me know!

Now....how about I go and post this on every single darned 3DHS thread on earth...
Alex Schauer is online now Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:12 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdul Ghafur View Post
So the plane lasts for a long time or you wipe out on the 26 th flight?
I bought it used, and yes, on the 26th flight, the wings pulled the fuse sides out at about 300'.
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer