Closed Thread
Old Jan 25, 2012, 07:57 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Suggestion
Time for a review of the KrisM account

Turns out all of my points are from KrisM as well. Everyone else that I've talked to about this has the exact same problem. KrisM's extreme point distribution coupled with RCG's new policy to disallow editing of points seems to be either a new way to "churn" membership by booting people who have been here for a while or an extreme oversight on the part of management.

I'd like to officially request either a repeal of the hidden point system or an immediate firing of KrisM....or both. The two do not seem to work well together.

EDIT: Maybe as a way to gauge things you could review KrisM's point assignments. If he/she has had 20+ overturned, it's time to remove point distribution abilities....but based on the appeals forums I can guarantee the number is actually in the 100's.
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Last edited by HappyKillmore; Jan 25, 2012 at 08:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:48 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,360 Posts
So you feel as though the majority of your posts that are warned don't break site rules and the moderator KrisM should be fired immediately?
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Jan 25, 2012, 12:29 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Absolutely, please make it so. I believe tarring and featherring might be in order as well.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 12:31 PM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,360 Posts
I think that is illegal.
Administrator
Old Jan 25, 2012, 12:33 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
It's a function of the temperature of the tar.... it doesn't have to be scalding, just hot enough to flow.

But based on your response, I assume this request is not being taken seriously, as it should. KrisM's actions are causing serious damage to the site.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 07:06 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Beautiful. Another point. Any serious response to my OP?

The point from post #3 was also given by KrisM. I believe this to be conflict of interest. He/she appears to be judge, jury and executioner.

I wish to appeal this point.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 07:20 AM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,360 Posts
Please provide a link to the post.
Administrator
Old Jan 27, 2012, 03:41 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20535058

The mod's comment reads "Please do not suggest tarring and feathering other members." when it should read "Please do not suggest tarring and feathering me." KrisM is the alleged "victim" of my evil post and the judge, jury and executioner. This is a conflict of interest.

Also, the reason I think KrisM should be fired is not because I disagree with some points that I've received.... I believe KrisM is doing a horrible job and based on the number of over-turned points in SS/C, the facts seem to agree.

In the case of the warning post above, the act of tarring and feathering does not include any permanent harm to those afflicted. It's a form of mob revenge in which the person is humiliated publicly to the point that that are run out of town. Which is exactly what I'm proposing in this thread. It's the case of a moderator run amok.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarring_and_feathering

What's more, KrisM is only showing 15 posts since October 3, 2011....which means he/she has contributed almost nothing to the discussion of R/C. How does this person qualify as a mod? My assumption is this is a friend of the family....and their previous experience was on a knitting forum with 34 members.

I assume the net result of this thread and now appeal will include more points for me...since based on past experience, questioning the supreme power of mods comes with extreme retribution.
Last edited by HappyKillmore; Jan 27, 2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 04:32 PM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,360 Posts
Link - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20535058
Warning - Trolling (Obnoxious Behavior)
Issue:
- This user feels the majority of his posts are incorrectly warned by the moderator.
- This user would like to repeal the hidden points system.
- This user would like the moderator KrisM fired.
- This user would like the mod KrisM tarred and feathered.
- This user feels the moderator KrisM does not contribute to the discussion of RC.
Administrator
Old Jan 27, 2012, 05:22 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Be warned that using the tar phrase got me points. An even handed mod would issue you the same.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:45 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
I currently have 5 active points. All 5 have been given by KrisM. If KrisM was not a moderator, I would have 0 points right now. Many, many others are in the same boat.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 11:41 AM
Administrator
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Nov 1998
5,407 Posts
Happy, I've reversed the warning. I don't mind if you suggest we "tar and feather" a moderator. It's sort of humorous. Maybe the moderator didn't take it that way but you need a thick skin to be a moderator.

Having said that, your use of the site is downright obnoxious lately. You haven't been singled out. You are just a difficult person. Eventually you will unlearn that or you will no longer be welcome here. It's that simple.

jim
jbourke is offline Find More Posts by jbourke
Administrator
Closed Thread