HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Killionaire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:01 AM
SF Valley RC Flyers
Joined Feb 2010
284 Posts
Discussion
Omg an ad blocker!!!

Lately I've been watching a lot of youtube videos from this one guy and they had ads at the beginning AND end of every video AND whenever you got out of full screen mode! It was SOOooo annoying! I've seen the Beneful dog food commercial like 10 billion times. I practically memorized every word of it! I hate that commercial! Now I just installed Ad Blocker Plus, which is a free addon for Firefox. The ads are all gone!!! Amazing! I didn't know this could be done. They say it eliminates ads from 90% of web sites.
Killionaire is offline Find More Posts by Killionaire
Old Sep 26, 2011, 07:04 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
Yeah, it's one off the few essential Firefox add-ons. You can right mouse click on stuff and add it or its location to your blocked URL list too. I use their subscription service as well, which is updated with known ad URL locations you can block.

Been using it for a couple years now. I don't know what I'd do without it. Probably spend a lot less time surfing the web.

There hasn't been too much backlash against it I think because it really isn't worth the time of the advertisers and hosts to fight against the minority that use it.

Of course, feel free to not block ads on sites you want to help support or which provide info about products you might be interested in (especially at places such as RCG... )

If there are any RCG admins/mods lurking, you'll be pleased to know that RCG's hosted ads aren't on their subscription lists.
Wrend is offline Find More Posts by Wrend
Last edited by Wrend; Sep 26, 2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 07:39 PM
Debary, Fl.
Joined Oct 2007
2,314 Posts
Huh... works. Google ad bar is gone on RCG... Blank anyway. However I did see the add for an automotive battery for an automotive store I ended up buying from. Nothing else since then.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir.../adblock-plus/
Pudknocker71 is offline Find More Posts by Pudknocker71
Old Sep 26, 2011, 07:47 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
You're right. I hadn't noticed that one.

Probably blocked because it's pulled from another site which is listed in the subscription, but not hosted (per se) on RCG.

They want me to switch to Google Chrome...
Last edited by Wrend; Sep 26, 2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:09 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
Never mind.
Last edited by Wrend; Sep 26, 2011 at 11:55 PM.