HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2011, 10:58 PM
Torrance
Joined Feb 2005
1,409 Posts
Discussion
BP oil spill

just curious but has any one taken any footage or shot photos from an rc plane of the oil spill, this seems like a serious historical event and would make for some great images?
JustinONE is offline Find More Posts by JustinONE
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2011, 08:35 PM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Mar 2004
3,159 Posts
well considering the majority of the oil spill was greater than 100nm off the coast, probly not. But i do have some good aerial photo's of the spill, but unfortunately can not post them due to contract restraints.
invertmast is online now Find More Posts by invertmast
Old Jan 30, 2011, 07:51 AM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
We would've loved to see them, oh well.
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Feb 06, 2011, 08:03 AM
Joined Mar 2004
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan5.0 View Post
We would've loved to see them, oh well.
Yes, unfortunately there were alot of photo's taken, but they are all property of BP, so the chances of them being released ???
Old Feb 06, 2011, 08:04 AM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Slim to none, but it is our land right? I don't get it.
Old Feb 06, 2011, 12:21 PM
$%^& Happens!!
USA, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Nov 2010
65 Posts
I am also confused with your statement of photo rights? Do you work for BP? Was the plane used to take the photo's owed by BP? The camera? there are tons of photos on the net showing the spill.
FlyingVltchkr is offline Find More Posts by FlyingVltchkr
Old Feb 07, 2011, 10:39 PM
Joined Mar 2004
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingVltchkr View Post
I am also confused with your statement of photo rights? Do you work for BP? Was the plane used to take the photo's owed by BP? The camera? there are tons of photos on the net showing the spill.
I do not work for BP, but i have more knowledge on the spill than most in the general public. All photo's/video that was taken by any person/company contracted by BP is owned by BP. And their were ALLOT of different companies/people contracted by BP and/or its affiliates for the oil spill tragedy. That is how it was explained to those of us flying the oil spill, so i assume it was communicated the same to any other company/individual contracted for work. Now those private individuals/corporations who took photo's/video's of the spill should still hold the rights to the photo's/video's.
Last edited by invertmast; Feb 07, 2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2011, 07:33 PM
The Master of Disaster
Joplin MO
Joined May 2009
168 Posts
I have some that I have taken, I will sell them to the highest bid, I took them with a DSLR Cannon from about 300FT in LA
Jairoblaster is offline Find More Posts by Jairoblaster
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:18 PM
Blackfly
Joined Nov 2008
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by invertmast View Post
I do not work for BP, but i have more knowledge on the spill than most in the general public. All photo's/video that was taken by any person/company contracted by BP is owned by BP. And their were ALLOT of different companies/people contracted by BP and/or its affiliates for the oil spill tragedy. That is how it was explained to those of us flying the oil spill, so i assume it was communicated the same to any other company/individual contracted for work. Now those private individuals/corporations who took photo's/video's of the spill should still hold the rights to the photo's/video's.
No, there were no restrictions on the supply boats, for vendors, contractors or BP employees. Not sure who from BP told you that, but I'd love to know their name.

Regards,

Pat
Blackfly is offline Find More Posts by Blackfly
Old Feb 10, 2011, 08:25 PM
Joined Mar 2004
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfly View Post
No, there were no restrictions on the supply boats, for vendors, contractors or BP employees. Not sure who from BP told you that, but I'd love to know their name.

Regards,

Pat
It came second hand by who we were contracted by who is contracted by BP and other big-name oil companies... maybe it was "different" for the aerial portion of the spill response since we had a much broader picture of everything... ????? my guess is as good as yours???
Old Feb 10, 2011, 08:38 PM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Quote:

Regards,

Pat
Sweet pic
Old Feb 21, 2011, 11:11 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,927 Posts
Sickening!
We will never know what truly happened.

Quote:

Regards,

Pat
going4speed is online now Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Mar 16, 2011, 09:46 PM
Torrance
Joined Feb 2005
1,409 Posts
wow that looks like it was torpedoed, huh?
JustinONE is offline Find More Posts by JustinONE
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:07 PM
On patrol.
Broomfield, Colorado
Joined Jun 2004
1,287 Posts
Blackfly: Despite the tradgedy it represents that is a stunning and eerily beautiful photo.
Cary Reeves is offline Find More Posts by Cary Reeves