HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:58 PM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
@Torch8, I fixed your RX finally. Not pretty but works... for now. I had intended using a tiny mouse switch but it turned out to be too big... so I ended up sticking one of the micro switches on the outside instead.
Hey nice going. Glad you got it going. I haven't been looking at v450 too busy with my 130x and v120d02s.
Torch8 is online now Find More Posts by Torch8
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:05 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,876 Posts
/sigh just looked in my tool box.

I'm sure most of you know what this means:

Worst thing is. I didn't save every single one. Some of you might also know, they don't always come in the package either.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:32 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,150 Posts
Ouch, its sucks that its mostly the helis fault not urs, my wife said get another heli, Lol.
I had my new twitchy battery only last 4 minutes flight, but it was wierd. I had to land, i need to check the volts .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
/sigh just looked in my tool box.

I'm sure most of you know what this means:

Worst thing is. I didn't save every single one. Some of you might also know, they don't always come in the package either.
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:34 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,150 Posts
http://www.xheli.com/60p-pro-3251.html

I use the 335mm but they seem to be out of stock, try heli-heli.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
Which main blades (doesn't have to be 3D capable) fits perfectly on V450d01? Got some woodies from HK and they don't fit. I don't want to have to sand them.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:29 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Ouch, its sucks that its mostly the helis fault not urs, my wife said get another heli, Lol.
I had my new twitchy battery only last 4 minutes flight, but it was wierd. I had to land, i need to check the volts .....
Tell her, she's right! and I plan to! Those were mostly from before. The heli has been flying good. Except the other day i was running the gov. mode throttle at 80% with the 40C pack in it. I think the extra discharge rate overheated something. I don't know exactly what happened. But one out 14 flights is WAY better than the 3-4 flights i was getting before a failure previously. I think as long as i don't over drive the heli it will be okay. I'll have my new v450 parts build complete soon and then i might sell both. I'll have to see how things go. I still just don't feel like it performs like i will eventually, and maybe even now, will be needing.

Quote:
http://www.xheli.com/60p-pro-3251.html

I use the 335mm but they seem to be out of stock, try heli-heli.com
Are those the blades shown in your video? Because they are the same blades that HD sells for $14. $8 over at xheli is a good deal if i can get the $2.65 first class shipping, or even $6.65 priority mail. I've never ordered there, how do they do their shipping?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:26 AM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
281 Posts
Yeah you are right about the telemetry, that's why I have a plug in battery alarm. Which works good as long as I have it held down so it doesn't hit the rotor blade bolts during negative G's

I had a 1998 GMC Jimmy that I traded in for my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4X4 5.7 liter Hemi & they gave me $1,200.00 for it. Don't feel bad about the $1,400.00 if a vehicle has more than 50,000 miles on it, all they want to do with it is junk it.

If I get 2 years out of the V450 I'll feel lucky. I'll probably just dust off my monster gas heli & fly that, at least I can see it in the distance with it's 5 foot rotor blade diameter.

Thanks about the cat,she is cooped up in the master bedroom with food/water/litter box while the construction still goes on. We finally were able to use the toilet at 5:00 P.M. nothing like peeing in a sink when you have to go, (no, the Wife was at work till 4:00 she didn't pee in a sink) Still no shower yet, maybe by late tonight, I hope!

I got my 5 Gens Ace 2500Mah. batteries yesterday. I tried charging them & they are acting strange, they won't charge to a full 12.6 volts. I might have order the wrong type, it says it is 11.1 volts but it says it is a 3S1P battery, what the hell is that? I know it means 3 cells in series, but the 1P should mean 1 in parallel? All I know is it goes to about 11.3 volts & times out at 120 minutes in balance mode. When I look at the charging on the PC it shows the first cell full & the 2nd & 3rd cell trying to balance out.

I ended up doing a discharge for about 500 Ma. & charge it again, with the same results. Then I stuck it on the balance charger that came with the heli, & it didn't have a problem & fully charged it. Weird?

Quote:
You know what. I've said it from the start. Telemetry is a gimmick. for all the extra wires and devices and weight. The only useful thing is the battery alarm and maybe the thermometers. But for all the extra weight, i'd rather just get a battery alarm and hope everything stays cool At least until they come out with GPS auto pilots for FPV systems like planes currently have. It's a good thing i never got a devo too. Because the TX and RX for both are almost double the price. I was picking up 2801 stuff for dirt cheap. Until they stopped producing the RX for their helicopers. Thats fun considering they only released it in 2010 or 2011. So two years is the most you can expect for parts support from walkera, IMO. Because they are likely to come out with the next "new" thing and leave you in the dust counting dollars hoping you have enough to keep flying the helicopters you already own and paid for. Can you imagine if car companies discontinued parts 2 years after release of a model? No one would ever buy from that company again. I just can't understand how people see Walkera any differently.

Interestingly enough, the other day i asked a dealer what he would give me for my 1994 ford ranger pickup truck. He didn't even offer me enough to go out and buy a new Gaui X5 with TX/RX and make it fly. Nope. He offered me about $1100 for it. Thats sad, imo. I'll just keep the thing. Funny thing about it, i've seen broken 700's sell for more than that on ebay.

Glad your cat was okay too. I hope you get back home soon and with no issues.
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:41 AM
Semi Expert
Joined Aug 2012
281 Posts
I couldn't get mine to work off of the throttle stick, it is only working off of stunt 1 & 2.

My cat really liked that carrier, until I stuffed her in it to go home. She was moaning the whole time in the truck.

Thanks for calling me normal, my Wife doesn't ever say that, she just calls me nuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Yep - the battery monitor is nice to have for free in the LB/Hoten etc but not worth an add on component at this time. A throttle stick controlled timer is fine for me.

Sounds like your cat has got the sweet life there! It is probably bigger than my entire Japan flat...

Well, I got up, looked out the window, it was a bit windy and generally quite unpromising so I gave up and went back to bed. It did rain at ~7ish and the wind got worse through the day. It was pretty nice out by 10 but too windy for a heli... probably too windy for my 4 string Flexifoil Rage power kite which has yet to be maidened as well.

I received the kit for my first tricopter too so I'll have to secretly build that one up while the wife is looking the other way, then bring it to work and keep it around here instead!

Everyone else thinks I'm obsessed by flying things but I'm not really... I'm like you lot - normal... it's everyone else that's odd!

Look at the fine print the $58.00 is only good till 12/31/12 they give you a discount for a partial year. The normal is around $80.00 for a full year 1/1/13 to 12/31/13 & when you re-new you better do it 60 days in advance because they take forever, I know from previous experiences with the AMA I even sent a email to the president (Dave Brown) of the AMA complaining & he wasn't very nice in his reply. After that year I quit the AMA.

Quote:
Well i payed 58 bucks for a year , and now for another 20 bucks at the event i can fly.... I didnt think about the v450 getting laughed at , im more worried about me flying infront of people lol. Any heli,
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:14 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post
Yeah you are right about the telemetry, that's why I have a plug in battery alarm. Which works good as long as I have it held down so it doesn't hit the rotor blade bolts during negative G's

I had a 1998 GMC Jimmy that I traded in for my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4X4 5.7 liter Hemi & they gave me $1,200.00 for it. Don't feel bad about the $1,400.00 if a vehicle has more than 50,000 miles on it, all they want to do with it is junk it.

If I get 2 years out of the V450 I'll feel lucky. I'll probably just dust off my monster gas heli & fly that, at least I can see it in the distance with it's 5 foot rotor blade diameter.

Thanks about the cat,she is cooped up in the master bedroom with food/water/litter box while the construction still goes on. We finally were able to use the toilet at 5:00 P.M. nothing like peeing in a sink when you have to go, (no, the Wife was at work till 4:00 she didn't pee in a sink) Still no shower yet, maybe by late tonight, I hope!

I got my 5 Gens Ace 2500Mah. batteries yesterday. I tried charging them & they are acting strange, they won't charge to a full 12.6 volts. I might have order the wrong type, it says it is 11.1 volts but it says it is a 3S1P battery, what the hell is that? I know it means 3 cells in series, but the 1P should mean 1 in parallel? All I know is it goes to about 11.3 volts & times out at 120 minutes in balance mode. When I look at the charging on the PC it shows the first cell full & the 2nd & 3rd cell trying to balance out.

I ended up doing a discharge for about 500 Ma. & charge it again, with the same results. Then I stuck it on the balance charger that came with the heli, & it didn't have a problem & fully charged it. Weird?

Don't worry, 3S1P is fine. That means, basically 3 Cells in series and no parallel. So the cells would be like this: (i'm going to show my age with ascii)

Quote:
+ ─■─■─■─ -

Where a 3S2P would look like this:
┌ ■─■─■ ┐
├ +...........├ -
└ ■─■─■ ┘

(stupid board reformats ascii)
That charging issue your talking about now, combined with the previous fail charge you were telling us about before. Maybe the charger or the charger power supply? OR a connection between the two? It sounds like the charger is not working properly. Doesn't it check the cell voltage or how many cells before starting the charge?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:59 AM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,150 Posts
Yep,, xheli has always been good to me. I like the 335 for the 450 but i use the 325 for my 400.

Quote:
Tell her, she's right! and I plan to! Those were mostly from before. The heli has been flying good. Except the other day i was running the gov. mode throttle at 80% with the 40C pack in it. I think the extra discharge rate overheated something. I don't know exactly what happened. But one out 14 flights is WAY better than the 3-4 flights i was getting before a failure previously. I think as long as i don't over drive the heli it will be okay. I'll have my new v450 parts build complete soon and then i might sell both. I'll have to see how things go. I still just don't feel like it performs like i will eventually, and maybe even now, will be needing.

Are those the blades shown in your video? Because they are the same blades that HD sells for $14. $8 over at xheli is a good deal if i can get the $2.65 first class shipping, or even $6.65 priority mail. I've never ordered there, how do they do their shipping?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:01 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,150 Posts
Well i only bought into it cause they say i have to have to fly at the event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post
I couldn't get mine to work off of the throttle stick, it is only working off of stunt 1 & 2.

My cat really liked that carrier, until I stuffed her in it to go home. She was moaning the whole time in the truck.

Thanks for calling me normal, my Wife doesn't ever say that, she just calls me nuts!

Look at the fine print the $58.00 is only good till 12/31/12 they give you a discount for a partial year. The normal is around $80.00 for a full year 1/1/13 to 12/31/13 & when you re-new you better do it 60 days in advance because they take forever, I know from previous experiences with the AMA I even sent a email to the president (Dave Brown) of the AMA complaining & he wasn't very nice in his reply. After that year I quit the AMA.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:09 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,150 Posts
walkera v450d01 3d sept 21 2012 (5 min 40 sec)

it gets dark fast now , i guess i will get more sim time. but i want the real deal
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:52 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,876 Posts
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm4_i5OZMBU

it gets dark fast now , i guess i will get more sim time. but i want the real deal
Yeah, same here. I might have to start getting up early. Problem then will be the sun will be right in my eyes. You are definitely getting better. I wonder how long the v450 will keep up?

It sure must be nice to have that calm weather. The wind does not stop here. I don't think i can progress too much farther, at least not quickly, while the wind stays like this. Plus it's still hard for me to trust the v450 sometimes after everything. Even though it's been flying good for about 20 packs now. I got in 6 today. But basically all i can do is figure 8s and some loops, surfing the wind.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:37 AM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,150 Posts
But your doing inverted flying , im not there yet, to scared to crash still. I can fly inverted on the sim ,of coarse, lol. But it will be a long time before my head lets me do it in real life.
Happy flying all.

Im have been flying more to help calm me for the event, but that means cam off, i fly better when the cam is off! Lol
Once again you will feel less wind on a bigger heli,

Quote:
Yeah, same here. I might have to start getting up early. Problem then will be the sun will be right in my eyes. You are definitely getting better. I wonder how long the v450 will keep up?

It sure must be nice to have that calm weather. The wind does not stop here. I don't think i can progress too much farther, at least not quickly, while the wind stays like this. Plus it's still hard for me to trust the v450 sometimes after everything. Even though it's been flying good for about 20 packs now. I got in 6 today. But basically all i can do is figure 8s and some loops, surfing the wind.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:08 AM
Semi Expert
Joined Aug 2012
281 Posts
I kind of figured it was ok 3SP1P if it said 6SP2P would probably be ok also. As long as the voltage was 11.1 But it all turned out to be just one battery was the fluke, the other batteries charged correctly. I ended up putting the flaky one on the other slow balance charger & it came out fine.

I remember Ascii, I just haven't used it in 30 years, I appreciate your attempt at giving a picture view.

I also have a charge adapter that is a add on to charge more than one battery at a time in parallel that I think has a broken connection, I'll check it out with my meter.

Quote:
Don't worry, 3S1P is fine. That means, basically 3 Cells in series and no parallel. So the cells would be like this: (i'm going to show my age with ascii)

That charging issue your talking about now, combined with the previous fail charge you were telling us about before. Maybe the charger or the charger power supply? OR a connection between the two? It sounds like the charger is not working properly. Doesn't it check the cell voltage or how many cells before starting the charge?
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:11 AM
Semi Expert
Joined Aug 2012
281 Posts
I know, you have to have it, I just thought you were expecting it to be that price for the next full year.

Quote:
Well i only bought into it cause they say i have to have to fly at the event.