HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2014, 01:55 AM
Entropy is happening!
Bellingen NSW Australia
Joined Aug 2008
6,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
..........................., but fit also a Futaba module, using my adapter.
Got any details to share on that Renatoa? I have two Futaba modules. I don't want to waste them if and when I buy a Taranis.
Jim.Thompson is online now Find More Posts by Jim.Thompson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Yet another light plank!
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2014, 01:05 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,486 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...o#post18546277

http://flytron.com/openlrs-accessori...e-adapter.html
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Aug 19, 2014, 02:24 AM
Entropy is happening!
Bellingen NSW Australia
Joined Aug 2008
6,673 Posts
Thanks for that Renatoa.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2014, 06:55 AM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,283 Posts
BTW, is the telemetry downlink as i suspect not affected by RG-CHK mode? i guess it shouldnt as is the Tx the one who broadcasts at less power .. the Rx will keep emitting allways at same power i guess...

So if i do a range check and independtly of what i guess in the telemetry i have good control at say 50m should that mean that the module is good to go?

could the failure that is making telemetry reception in the module so weak affect the range?

Range check are suposed to be done with plane on the ground and radio facing towards the plane? (i ask this because as said with my body between plane and radio it seems to lose control at 20-25m).. but with radio facing it seems to go quite longer..

Also i know this is a utter noob question that i have readed many times before .. but in the face of theese issues i ask again.. the range of the plane out there in the blue is better than plane in the ground? (fressnel zone and so)

i renember once using the 9X stock module (FHSS FlySky system wich has a range check button but doesnt work as such) doing ground range testing i losed control of a glider at 250m .. however doing the test with the rx a bit higher in the back of my hatchback i managed to walk 1000m away between buildings (non between rx and radio but at the sides) and i still had control

part of this is the question of 2.4 Microwaves behaviour vs older FM systems (like my other Futaba 7C in 35mhz).. once rangechecking with FrSky my plane was on the top of a hill and i walked downhill.. as soon as the plane was just behind the hill curve it lost link.. barelly 16-20m away
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Old Aug 19, 2014, 08:08 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,486 Posts
For the first half you are right theoretically, but still the question persist, why no telemetry reception?
The chips in the picture I posted some days ago could be OK, but maybe you could have a break in one of the PCB traces or soldering, those who control the switching between the two function of T212, which is both PA for Tx and LNA for reception. I am confident that a GSM repair facility can track this much better than us, simply because this is a fact of life in GSM phones.
So, pay a visit to a GSM service shop.

For the second half, microwaves are as light, no direct visual, no RC, FM travels a lot different, with atmospheric reflections.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 07:30 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,283 Posts
I performed today a range check.. noth in RC-CHK mode and in full range mode..

First was the full range mode.. i put the radio on the back tray of the car (a hatchback so its glass) with the antenna horizontal (my usual setup) and radio pointing to the other end of the street.. a nearly 2km boulevard .. in my hand a nimh battery with a D6RP and a servo taped together .. the radio was running a servo test mix wich made the servo sweep constantly like a wiper.

Well began to walk... servo arm keep moving and led fixed red.. sometimes from 400m onwards it loosed link or the servo momevent became jerky if i put a corner of a building between radio and rx.. but once returning to visual line it returns to smooth sweep..

and walked and walked until i ran out ..... of street

acording to GPS thats 1.7km range between the radio in the back of the car and the Rx.. servo moved smoothly and link led was solid red.. and i could go any further without puting a building between... at wich point obviously losed link..

then after walking back then i did a test using the built-in range check mode .. i managed to walk arround 80-90m before the control began to be jerky and quite dependant on antenna orientation .. acording to FrSky documentation range check mode is used at 1/1000 of power and is about 1/30 of the range it should have on full power.. that would mean a "theorical" range of 2400-2700m

So seems that the Tx part of my module is perfirming properlly i would say.. the telemetry part is not obviously as it loses link much closer.. but this makes me wonder why since ever in some planes im getting readings many times in the low 50s or even high 40s with the plane in visual range barelly at 200-300m.. planes made by wood or EPP or nylon fuselages.. could the telemetry part be to blame?

also as a side note.. as said my Tx antenna was horizonal and for the test i tried to keep the Rx antennas horizontal and paralel to the Tx antenna.. however from time to time i orientated them perpendicular or vertical to see if that killed the signal.. and in full range mode even at the 1.7km space limit it didnt mattered .. servo was still moving , Rx led fixed red... it did mattered a lot in range check mode where at 60-70m onwards putting the antennas vertical or perpendicular killed the link

all this with the stock 2db omni antenna
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Old Aug 24, 2014, 05:12 PM
Entropy is happening!
Bellingen NSW Australia
Joined Aug 2008
6,673 Posts
Wireless trainer using a D4R-11 or V8R4-11?

Can someone please tell me if the V8R4-11 also puts out CPPM like the D4R-11 does?
I'm looking to set up a wireless trainer link between two transmitters using FrSky gear.
I seem to recall that phil_g has a post somewhere describing this, but I am unable to find it.
If someone can link me to that post, that would be appreciated.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2014, 05:25 PM
Who let the dogs out?
Pontefract, Yorkshire, UK
Joined Jul 2007
1,071 Posts
V8R4II doesnt doesnt have cppm Jim. I dont think I've ever said that it does, apologies if I did.
The only cppm setup I have is my Wildthing flying wing with the homebrew cppm elevon mixer. Thats a D4R2.
Cheers
Phil
phil_g is offline Find More Posts by phil_g
Old Aug 24, 2014, 05:40 PM
Entropy is happening!
Bellingen NSW Australia
Joined Aug 2008
6,673 Posts
Thanks Phil, I'm sure it's my memory that is the problem here, or more to the point, that lack of it!
I will order a D4R-11 in due course and set that up for a wireless trainer link.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2014, 07:40 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,367 Posts
Wasn't it the old V8R7 or whatever it was called that outputted PPM? Can't remember well as it was a while ago..
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:13 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,486 Posts
Yes, V8R7-SP, now replaced with V8R7 II.
Unfortunately, the new II version manual no more list CPPM as a feature, and V8R7 II seems only a lighter version of V8FR with straight pins instead angled pins. Ch8 is labeled just that, no CPPM label on case.
Last edited by renatoa; Aug 25, 2014 at 12:18 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:24 AM
RC Warjet
United States, CA, Jamul
Joined Mar 2013
687 Posts
I have a couple new V8R7-SP receivers if interested.
Warjet1950 is online now Find More Posts by Warjet1950
RCG Plus Member