HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2014, 05:56 AM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixx View Post
Does anyone else find the stock control horns a bit crap?
Actually i use them a lot since they are easy to fit and light... and never so far had one break or snap on me
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2014, 06:38 AM
Callsign: Zulu
Somewhere in the skies!
Joined Feb 2011
566 Posts
Actually I might be on what you are saying here. Like JLT, I use them on most of my projects.

But, sometimes I get them with the two holes smaller which then break when you insert the 2 pads together. The solution is to widen it a little so it helps, especially when taking off (if ever).
Stuka_99 is offline Find More Posts by Stuka_99
Old Oct 16, 2014, 09:18 AM
dry your eyes and go fly
United States, CA
Joined Aug 2013
641 Posts
I love my AXN

Have a nice day
joe559 is offline Find More Posts by joe559
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:22 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,320 Posts
So do I, I just crashed my 4th one and its been repaired so many times just like the others its time to get another 1.

I also have 2 other new ones directly from the factory for building for high speed flying. (these came in 1/2's so you can do a lot of internal modifications while they are apart. 4s 800W with 5 - 8 inch cut of each wing. These are fast but not relaxing to fly. Stock AXN is very relaxing and fun to fly in any conditions, I find it fairly aerobatic with the right throws, I fly mine in 15 - 25 mph wind with no issues while everyone else is grounded.
hendrnk is offline Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:41 PM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,245 Posts
if only I don't have to many plane, I already buy myself a new axn
skellator is online now Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:08 AM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe559 View Post
I love my AXN

Have a nice day
My 7th got caught in some high winds at night on a friends farm. The neighbour about a kilometer away brought it back the next day. I was so happy to see it again! Really surprised me how much I like it
mutha is offline Find More Posts by mutha
Old Oct 18, 2014, 01:41 AM
crash expert
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Apr 2014
278 Posts
Hmm I have lost every control horn on my AXN !

Its OK I trust the new ones
felixx is online now Find More Posts by felixx
Old Oct 18, 2014, 05:46 PM
Getting good at foam repair
Australia, QLD, Surfers Paradise
Joined Aug 2012
250 Posts
EDF modified AXN gets along pretty well.
GTrain is offline Find More Posts by GTrain
Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM
Joined Oct 2014
1 Posts
Basic DX6i set up programme for AXN Floater

Hi, as a newcomer can anyone show me a simple basic programme set up for a dx6i transmitter / floater combo. that's suitable for a novice.
Cheers.
VeeFourDave is offline Find More Posts by VeeFourDave
Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
340 Posts
Cant help you with DX6I, I am using Taranis.

But as a newbie I recommend that approximatly 40% Rudder is mixed with Aileron, then its possible to fly using only right stick (mode2), much easier.
Stenkryparen is online now Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Yesterday, 03:31 PM
If it flies, I probably have 1
United Kingdom, Fauldhouse
Joined Mar 2014
1,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeFourDave View Post
Hi, as a newcomer can anyone show me a simple basic programme set up for a dx6i transmitter / floater combo. that's suitable for a novice.
Cheers.
hi V4, what would you like to know about DX6i program for this plane, basically just choose plane from the new model and you are done with the basics, there are no special settings, no flaps etc
you may need to reverse a servo when you are checking surface movements with stick movements
i found the "hi 5 " method from flite-test works great, stand behind the model and as you move the stick to that surface it should pup up to give you an imaginary hi-5
ie. move aileron right, and it should move up, move left and left aileron moves up, pull back and elevator pops up
the only part that moves in same direction is your rudder, left is left movement and right is right movement
Scottish_steve75 is online now Find More Posts by Scottish_steve75
Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeFourDave View Post
Cheers.

The absolute basic "programming" for the DX6i and a 6 Channel Receiver is achieved after proper setup:
1: bind the DX6i (Tx) and your Reciever (Rx)
2: Plug the Esc into the throttle port, likewise the aileron 'Y' lead into the Aileron port, rudder to rudder and elevator to elevator. (these will depend on the type/manufacturer of Rx you have)
3. remove the Prop
4. Check to see you have removed the propeller
5.Turn it on (plug in battery etc..)
6. check that all surfaces are level when all stick positions are at rest. (If not adjust mechanically until they are. - obviously you turn it off without moving the servo and adjust then turn it back on again and check until you get it right)
7. check that all surfaces move the direction they should (do this slowly watching each surface and make sure there is no binding or stress happening on any servo in the process - zipping the sticks from one side to the other is not the way to do this ... if you don't know which way it should go ... ask someone - we are not born with this knowledge)
8. Double check that all surfaces move in the correct direction (consider using mechanical differential on the ailerons - dealt with elsewhere in this thread)
9. check how far each surface moves at full deflection - these are you current maximum throws. They WILL all be too much for a novice except probably the ailerons.
10. Now we do the basic programming: in your Tx with the plane still 'armed' (and the prop still removed!)

The simplest thing to do is just go to Travel Adjust in the DX6i and reduce the % in each control (rudder and elevator) until the maximum throw for each surface is about 10 degrees (no more that 15 degrees!) from the rest position checked in both directions. That is it. Nothing fancy, no dual rates, no mixes - make sure the prop spins the correct way (motor spinning clockwise when viewed from the back). turn it all off put the prop back on - get your CoG correct - get some help from someone who can fly and .... go fly it.

Have fun ...
mutha is offline Find More Posts by mutha
Last edited by mutha; Yesterday at 06:54 PM.