Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:16 PM
Multirotor Photojournalist
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jun 2008
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying By View Post
Thanks for the aoa info.

The claim is the 9X will bind to the X1. The 'older' 9x has a turnigy module. The 9xr does not come with a module and currently there is no Turnigy module available so I doubt it will bind to the X1 at this time.
Yeah I realized my error about 5 min ago. HK hasn't released the modules for the 9xr yet. If its cheap I MAY get one. Kinda hard to justify a module for a toy quad that already has a tx. That is unless somebody shows me an X1 doing a manual flip, then I'm in like Flynn.
gyokeres is offline Find More Posts by gyokeres
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:33 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,460 Posts
The FlySky module can be had for about $20. It will fit into the module bay or the 9Xr.

It's possible you can do what the DeviationX guys did and stick the module from the toy TX into the 9xr?

The X1 won't do manual looping. The only quad that I've heard does that is the Blade mQX.

In fact, until someone figure out how to replicate the flip button...it may not even be able to flip the X1 with the Turnigy 9x.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:09 PM
Joined Jun 2008
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
The FlySky module can be had for about $20. It will fit into the module bay or the 9Xr.

It's possible you can do what the DeviationX guys did and stick the module from the toy TX into the 9xr?

The X1 won't do manual looping. The only quad that I've heard does that is the Blade mQX.

In fact, until someone figure out how to replicate the flip button...it may not even be able to flip the X1 with the Turnigy 9x.
I don't plan to crack my brand new radio open to fly my X1. Is the turnigy module and the flysky module the same protocol? I'll probably just end up buying that if it is.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:17 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyokeres View Post
I don't plan to crack my brand new radio open to fly my X1. Is the turnigy module and the flysky module the same protocol? I'll probably just end up buying that if it is.
The stock-module of the "old" 9x v2 IS the Flysky-Module

For 9xr users, Flyskymodules can be found on ebay :
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...e&LH_PrefLoc=2
mystman is offline Find More Posts by mystman
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:10 AM
Joined Jun 2008
36 Posts
Thank you! That's affordable, darn it. Now I HAVE to buy it.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:49 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,554 Posts
Thanks for the info guys! How is about the autoflip with 9X? Like the V949..if you set the D/R to 90-100% it will flip when you push the ail/elev trigger to the end. How about with the X1? could use the 100% to aggressive maneuver without flip, or it has the same behaivor as the V949?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
bulesz: I don't have a T9x with original firmware. But I remember it was under the Expo/DR screen. Just set it to a negative value to make the quad more lively, aggressive quicker to your stick movement.

Also, try setting your endpoints to 120%. It was necessary when I was flying my 9958 to make that change.
Thanks mate, I will try and double check my settings..
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:51 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,622 Posts
No, the T9x at 100% would not flip the X1. The X1 is like the latest version of V949. It will only flip with the flip button. We have yet to find what that is on the T9x.

For now, if you don't like accidental flip at 100% rate with T9x, the X1 is perfect for you. Otherwise, if you like to flip your bird a lot (ahem), you need to use the stock radio, a V949 radio, or until we could find what makes it flip with the T9x.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:59 AM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,403 Posts
I just opened mine and I'm having some radio problems. It seems to lose radio contact very often - I haven't kept it in the air for more than five seconds. Everything on the quad itself seems solid. I opened up the radio and what I'm assuming is the RF module (the small red board attached to the main board) doesn't have any antenna attached to it. Has anyone opened up their tx to compare? I'll try to upload a photo soon.

bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:03 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoollia View Post
I just opened mine and I'm having some radio problems. It seems to lose radio contact very often - I haven't kept it in the air for more than five seconds. Everything on the quad itself seems solid. I opened up the radio and what I'm assuming is the RF module (the small red board attached to the main board) doesn't have any antenna attached to it. Has anyone opened up their tx to compare? I'll try to upload a photo soon.

Some don't use a wire antenna but a printed PCB antenna that looks like a
__
[_
_ ]
[_
_ ]

pattern
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:08 AM
Low rates are for wimps
Joined May 2008
3,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Some don't use a wire antenna but a printed PCB antenna that looks like a
__
[_
_ ]
[_
_ ]

pattern
That's what mine looks like. It looks like there is a solder pad at the end, I figured that they may have omitted a whisker antenna there.

I'll try re-binding (quad on first, wait for flashes?) and see how it goes. Very frustrating.

Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:12 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
There should be a wire antenna on the quad's RX board. Is it there?
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:13 AM
Low rates are for wimps
Joined May 2008
3,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
There should be a wire antenna on the quad's RX board. Is it there?
Yes, I saw one. It looked to be solidly attached.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:08 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Just ordered a X1 off Amazon. They had them for $34.95 with free s/h. Couldn't resist. Only the bnf V929 on Banggood for $32.99 is cheaper.

I think it's nice that the tx is V949 compatible (along with the batteries) and lighter. Which makes it more mod friendly. And posssibly fpv friendly?
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Jun 2008
36 Posts
I would love to see the things we could do with this board. Any ideas?
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:36 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,492 Posts
gyrokeres, I am building a micro quad with the Syma X1 board and motors. If it works, I will let you know.
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier