SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:09 PM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Discussion
Electrifly ss-25 and jr reciever

I just got a seawind rx ready. I planned on using a jr receiver and radio but the esc that came with it won't work. I also have a futaba radio and receiver but the receiver is a little to big :/. Can someone tell me if its possible to use the jr receiver and the ss-25 esc? I have a rs600, and a small 4 channel (can't remember the model)
liquidis54 is offline Find More Posts by liquidis54
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:40 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,406 Posts
For JR radio, the throttle channel is #1, and for Futaba radio the throttle channel is #3.

They, (JR & Futaba), also use reversed 'servo reverse' switch positions. So check the throttle servo reverse switch, (try both ways to see which works), NOTE, NO PROP ON!.

Also check the throttle trim position, it may need to be all the way down as well as the stick.
eflightray is online now Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:30 AM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
I've tried all that. I've tried the throttle reversed and normal, plugged into both throt and batt channels, I tried reversing the pos and neg on the receiver and nothing.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:34 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,406 Posts
Did the servos work ?. They should do whatever channel the ESC is plugged into, unless it's an ESC without BEC, or a faulty one.

Which JR radio ?, and what ESC ?
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:04 PM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
It a JR X8103 radio, the ESC is an electrifly ss-25. The servos dont work. I've also tried other JR receivers and radios. The only thing I can get to work is the futaba system I got with a nexstar i bought years ago. I'd use it but the receiver is to big to be practical and I need a battery pack for the transmitter. Idk what kinda servos they are. I assume electrifly. Also, I dont get any of the beeps from the esc w/ the jr, just the futaba.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:17 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,406 Posts
If it works with the Futaba Rx, (the servos are at least working), but not with the JR Rx, check you are not plugging the ESC, (and servos), into the JR with the connectors the wrong way round.

Plugging ESC/servo leads in the wrong way round shouldn't do any harm. Futaba used to put a 'key' on the side of their servo plugs just to make sure they wouldn't go in wrong way round, I don't think anyone else bothered.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:07 PM
Canada, ON, Owen Sound
Joined Oct 2008
2,813 Posts
Your AR600 rx is 2.4ghz, the 8103 radio came out as a 72mhz radio. Unless its been converted to 2.4 it will not work with the rx. Doug B
Doug Bartley is offline Find More Posts by Doug Bartley