HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 01, 2014, 01:23 AM
"Experimental"
United States, NY, Elbridge
Joined Feb 2013
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy View Post
Hi Scott, Sorry for the confusion on the LE. I do intend to make that clearer in the instructions. As far as the strap goes that is packaged with the X-Fuse parts. If it is missing, drop me an e-mail and I will get that to you ASAP. Lately I have been packing the hinges separate to keep them free of oil from the screws. If you can't find them, let me know and I will get those to you ASAP.

James

James,

I checked through all remaining parts (rough assembled the fuse yesterday), and no sign of hinges or strap.

Thanks for offering to do the tail work for me, no hurry, I'm waiting on my Ultracote order. hope to get everything else figured out, sanded and pre-assembled while that's happening.

Which brings up another question I was meaning to ask you on the phone and forgot. Can you assemble the wings, putty and sand out the gap, then cover the wing with one seamless covering? The instructions state to cover, then join, and I can;t understand the reason unless it'sw just to make covering a bit easier.

Still need a motor, wanted to get one from you, but I'm in "end of the month" budget mode and that shipping sure runs up a small order.

Searching the goodie box, I find I've got a couple of A2212/13t 1000kv motors. I doubt that will swing a 10.5" prop, I usually use an 8 x 6 on those. 13 or 14 FLA on 2S if I recall correctly. About 100 watts. Could go 3S, that's about 200-225 watts, don't know if that motor will take that for very long. It'll probably never see sustained WOT. I'll do a web search to see if I can find specs on it. Have several on foamies and they don't even get warm on 2S w/8060 prop.

I know it'll fly, but I want enough grunt to to effortless loops and go vertical with reasonable authority. Everything else in the goodie box is way too big. A week ago I would not have considered this motor, but this plane is LIGHT! Havn't weighed it up, but sans motor and battery it's shocking. Maybe keeping motor and bat as light as possible is the way to go.
Do you have experience with this class motor? Advice?

Thanks again, Scott
Scott594 is offline Find More Posts by Scott594
Last edited by Scott594; Apr 01, 2014 at 01:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2014, 09:07 AM
"Experimental"
United States, NY, Elbridge
Joined Feb 2013
120 Posts
I just discovered the thread on the 2212/13. I was navigating to this thread thru the search engine until now. Missed out on a lot of good stuff.

Mounted a RCtimer 5010-360 pancake in the meantime. Looks good on there with the windings all visable, just like a radial

I have some 15.5x5.5 carbon props for it too. Leftovers/stock from a ongoing large multicopter project. At least I know the 2212 will live @ 20a.

Guess I'll try both and see what I like. The 5010 combo is a high effeciency low RPM low current high torque setup. Goes long on the copter, may here too. Not a lot of punch unless you go 4S though. We'll see I guess.
Scott594 is offline Find More Posts by Scott594