HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2005, 11:22 AM
Joined Apr 2005
776 Posts
Oops! I think i just made a mistake...

I just ordered a Quick Japan Ep-8 to play with and chose a Hacker A30-10L as a starting point with a kv of 1185. The problem is that i was planning to run 6 cells in a series (2 x tp-21003S1P) in this machine for a total of 22.2 volts and i started running the math on that and i would need a pinion of 10T to keep the speed around 2000rpm which is supposed to be the limit for this machine. Ooops? I dont think you can make a 5mm pinion with only 10T can you? Also looking some more its seems that motor is only rated for 3-4 cells. ARGH! What am i gonna do with this motor now? Could use it temporarily and run on 3s2p until i find a better motor but bleh! How would this motor do on the viper 70 i wonder? WAs it gary that said the vipers had an effective gearing of a 120T main gear? I guess running the math on that would mean a 21T pinion should work ok but then i have an orbit 10-14 i dont know what to do with....bleh! Is it safe to lathe the shaft on these motors down to 3.2mm?
AnnihilaT is offline Find More Posts by AnnihilaT
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2005, 03:13 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
Good luck with the Quick Anni.
I have a couple of quick Japan helis and i was not impressed. Hope they have improved since then.
ozace is offline Find More Posts by ozace
Old Oct 31, 2005, 04:20 PM
Joined Apr 2005
776 Posts
oh no Really? I had only heard good things till now What are the things you werent happy with ?
Old Oct 31, 2005, 09:06 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
The Ali used was very soft. The frames had lots of flex and a firm landing would distort the whole thing. All th ebling in the world was included but the cnc was not the best and the ali of the bearing blocks etc was soft. Please let us know of it has improved.
Up until recently they were the same as the HHI quick helis and my solution was to get the carbon frames from HHI and use the rest of the Jap stuff. Now the HHI are different so i dont think it can be done now.
ozace is offline Find More Posts by ozace
Old Nov 01, 2005, 04:10 AM
Joined Apr 2005
776 Posts
Well i should have it this week.... i will let you know then.