HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 24, 2013, 09:05 PM
Joined Nov 2013
1 Posts
Question
Hop-up on Airsoft Heng Long tanks

Hi Folks,
I've got a small query. I've got a Mk1 Tiger from Heng Long with the Airsoft gun setup. Not long after I started using it, the gun started to jam, or wouldn't fire properly when it didn't. The tank was still under warranty but I like pulling things apart, so I quickly stripped it down and determined that the problem was lack of lubrication. Easy fix I thought. WRONG! The gun now fires consistantly, but doesn't seem to have the range it had out of the box.
The mechanism doesn't seem to have the same hop-up type system used in Airsoft guns. There isn't any nipple or tit (can I say that?) projecting into the bore or any part of the barrel or anything else to put back spin onto the BB. It doesn't seem to make any difference at what position I put the counter-vacuum hole either.
Is there a trick to it? Or is there something else I'm missing?
Apart from this problem, for the money I paid for it, this is a great little toy. There are a few changes I'm gonna make, like getting rid of the volts drop to the gun motor, and maybe try to make it more accurate to scale. Not really contemplating making any metal changes at this stage.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Frostydog.
Frostydog is offline Find More Posts by Frostydog
to remove ads between posts