HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:47 AM
Joined Aug 2010
185 Posts
I seen it in Jacksonville. It looks to be one of those no name motors nobody can pronounce. Its red if I recall.

D'
bigdonald is offline Find More Posts by bigdonald
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:09 PM
Joined Aug 2009
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdonald View Post
I seen it in Jacksonville. It looks to be one of those no name motors nobody can pronounce. Its red if I recall.

D'

Theres only a few red motor cans I know of. When Toby gets back from the Vegas race we should ask him to shoot a pix or two. He would I know him well enough.
Cart Miester is offline Find More Posts by Cart Miester
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:18 AM
Joined Dec 2009
218 Posts
Its a red can? Theres only a handfull then it could be.

Motty
motty is offline Find More Posts by motty
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:48 AM
CRA
Joined Dec 2009
170 Posts
Theres tons of those red motors on the market. It could be anyone of them.
CRA is offline Find More Posts by CRA
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:09 PM
Elfie
Joined Feb 2012
102 Posts
Which card do I need for my esc? I bought one online but it was the wrong one. It was for the bigger brushless.

Elfie
Elfie is offline Find More Posts by Elfie
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:38 PM
Thats Right!
IL, Southern
Joined Mar 2009
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfie View Post
Which card do I need for my esc? I bought one online but it was the wrong one. It was for the bigger brushless.

Elfie
Dude they should take it back. Where did you buy it ? You need the land card. Chances are they sent you an airplane one instead.

Jeffgmann
JeffGmann is offline Find More Posts by JeffGmann
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:33 AM
Elfie
Joined Feb 2012
102 Posts
I bought it from a E store Jeff. Todd and Robert didn't have cards instock at the time so I went somewhere else. Won't make that mistake again. Buying overseas bites. I don't know how they do it. 3/4 of them can't understand what you said in your email and when you do (if) get a reply back your like what the #@!@# did they say? I guess the language barrier goes both ways huh? But yes to anwser your question about which card it is? I can't tell you as the place I bought it from can't tell me either. They only say its a program card for your speed control. I guess I'm a bent right now as I have a card I can't use. Robert did say after reading my post he would be sending me one of his. He has an extra one. I'm still sending my program card back in attempt to get a refund. I'll keep you posted.

Elfie
Elfie is offline Find More Posts by Elfie
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:38 AM
Joined Aug 2009
259 Posts
Bummer bro about your program card. Here if you need is a pic of the card that works. Funny you said the other one did not work. It should but doesn't have the setup features for onroad racing. Hope you get a refund or the right card.
Cart Miester is offline Find More Posts by Cart Miester
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:03 PM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRA View Post
Theres tons of those red motors on the market. It could be anyone of them.
I'll upload an image of my motor first chance on Monday.

Toby
Toby Warren is offline Find More Posts by Toby Warren
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:03 AM
n2kartracing
AL
Joined Mar 2009
199 Posts
The motor you have is called an emp. Its a cheap generic motor if its the same one you ran in Tampa. I can't tell you what kv it is but I bet its lower than 5200. My guess is 48?

N2
n2rckarting is offline Find More Posts by n2rckarting
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:23 PM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
Not sure what it is. Theres no lettering, numbers or anything to my knowledge on it. When I bought the thing the guy couldn't tell me what it was either. I only know its a legal motor.

Toby
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:45 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
Toby I believe its a EMP. Your motor that is. I could be wrong but ifs its the one you showed me thats what it is, a EMP. You are right it is a simple yet cheap motor. I will say its held up well over the past couple of years.

Robert
Team Edge RC is offline Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:55 PM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
You know fellas I haven't been around this 370 stuff for long. My guess is good as yours. If its a emp as you say then it is. All I know you and I tested it and it proved to be legal and under the 5200kv limit.

Toby
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:47 PM
n2kartracing
AL
Joined Mar 2009
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Edge RC View Post
Toby I believe its a EMP. Your motor that is. I could be wrong but ifs its the one you showed me thats what it is, a EMP. You are right it is a simple yet cheap motor. I will say its held up well over the past couple of years.

Robert

You seen it to Robert and thank the same? Its killer through the infield I know that much.

N2
n2rckarting is offline Find More Posts by n2rckarting
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:46 AM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
For what I paid for it I've got my money out of it by far. It does produce excellent torque for a simple and cheap motor as you guys said.

Toby