HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 01, 2011, 12:13 PM
Team ATX Pilot
Phx. Az.
Joined Nov 2004
1,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHARRIS View Post
FedEx guy must be walking his route today!!!

HUGH
I looked at tracking today and shows it will be here Nov.2, I will pick it up after work. All parts a prepped and ready for install into the new wing should be ready for BSOA. Again I can't say enough about the this company and how they have treated me. I will have a lot of info in the next few day about this plane and how it performs.
Donnie
dbone is offline Find More Posts by dbone
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2011, 12:35 PM
Throw it like you hate it
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Apr 2007
3,035 Posts
i should have mine ready for BSoAZ as well. i need to install the peg, balance, and then fly. i am also pretty excited about this plane. my AUW should be right around 10oz which is darn good considering the wing area. the wing loading is less than my stobels and closer to a B3. a light plane with a thin airfoil is always nice. and using the dimensions of the ballast box, you should be able to fit over 3oz of lead in there. i havent made any ballast yet, so hopefully i wont need it for BSoAZ. i doubt i will fly it much in the contest anyway. its just too new right now and i dont know the ranging capabilities yet.

also, i hope my dog didnt break my fuse. i had a close call like Donnie with canines around my plane. i had my plane on my build table and one day i came into my room and saw my dog taking a f***ing nap on my build table!! he laying right next to my fuse. he damaged a Loet vertical i was contemplating using for the polaris. i was concerned he cracked my fuse since it was right next to him but i have given it a good "boomcheck" and it seems to still be strong. i think my dog will be named Boomcheck Jr. now he is lucky he is cute.

i need wing-bags for this thing. with the carbon skin, this thing is going to heat up more than two newlyweds on their honeymoon
paul
RCPC is offline Find More Posts by RCPC
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2011, 12:43 PM
Where did my plane go???
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Nov 2008
638 Posts
You guys and your big dogs. If my 14lb Lilo stepped on my plane... OK lets be real I would still be pissed!

HUGH
HHARRIS is offline Find More Posts by HHARRIS
Old Nov 01, 2011, 12:53 PM
Team Horizon pilot
Louisville, KY
Joined Jun 2005
1,160 Posts
Dogs and planes

My dog trampled my plane once, ONCE!

Bruce

I hope FedEx treated those planes nice
got2soar is offline Find More Posts by got2soar
Old Nov 01, 2011, 01:22 PM
Jeff Carr
Ft. Mill SC / Charlotte NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,634 Posts
Bruce

I like dogs What that in your picture. 8-)
Goinav8n is offline Find More Posts by Goinav8n
Old Nov 01, 2011, 02:14 PM
United States, CA, Vista
Joined Jan 2008
586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPC View Post
i should have mine ready for BSoAZ as well. i need to install the peg, balance, and then fly. i am also pretty excited about this plane. my AUW should be right around 10oz which is darn good considering the wing area. the wing loading is less than my stobels and closer to a B3. a light plane with a thin airfoil is always nice. and using the dimensions of the ballast box, you should be able to fit over 3oz of lead in there. i havent made any ballast yet, so hopefully i wont need it for BSoAZ. i doubt i will fly it much in the contest anyway. its just too new right now and i dont know the ranging capabilities yet.

also, i hope my dog didnt break my fuse. i had a close call like Donnie with canines around my plane. i had my plane on my build table and one day i came into my room and saw my dog taking a f***ing nap on my build table!! he laying right next to my fuse. he damaged a Loet vertical i was contemplating using for the polaris. i was concerned he cracked my fuse since it was right next to him but i have given it a good "boomcheck" and it seems to still be strong. i think my dog will be named Boomcheck Jr. now he is lucky he is cute.

i need wing-bags for this thing. with the carbon skin, this thing is going to heat up more than two newlyweds on their honeymoon
paul
Paul, I've got you covered on foam/silver wing bags. I'll send you a PM.

Dan
danfitz is offline Find More Posts by danfitz
Old Nov 01, 2011, 02:25 PM
United States, CA, Vista
Joined Jan 2008
586 Posts
Dogs

LuLu and Wilbur aren't allowed anywhere near my toys. You are looking at a combined 260 lbs. of tail wagging, DLG crushing enthusiasm.
danfitz is offline Find More Posts by danfitz
Old Nov 01, 2011, 08:08 PM
Kyle Clayton
United States, VA, Dinwiddie
Joined Feb 2008
2,240 Posts
This is why Kona never gets near my planes. I usually shoo him out of the room if I'm working on one. As you can see, grace is not one of his qualities. Classic move caught on film here, step in the food bowl, flip it over, and then when I come to investigate the calamity I get the "It flipped itself, I swear" look. He pulled a charger off the table once, and when he heard it all crashing down behind him, he ran even faster, which pulled down about 6 other things. Luckily there were no planes on the bench!
Wave Glider is offline Find More Posts by Wave Glider
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wrong Skywalker
Old Nov 02, 2011, 09:56 AM
are we there yet?
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined May 2004
1,209 Posts
I don't have to worry about dogs since I don't have any, but I do have to worry about little kids! our 18mo old got a hold of a vertical that I pulled out of the bag yesterday and she decided it looked like a good shovel, luckily for her mom found her before I did. Not sure how she got it since I thought I left it on my workbench. Oh well. Nothing compared to a wing.

Needless to say I was in the shop again last night starting over........

So Donnie are you staying home from work today to wait for the delivery truck??
Alan C is offline Find More Posts by Alan C
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2011, 10:22 AM
Where did my plane go???
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Nov 2008
638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHARRIS View Post
FedEx guy must be walking his route today!!!

HUGH
I looked at tracking today and shows it will be here Nov.2, I will pick it up after work. All parts a prepped and ready for install into the new wing should be ready for BSOA. Again I can't say enough about the this company and how they have treated me. I will have a lot of info in the next few day about this plane and how it performs.
Donnie
Funny! I was talking about my FedEx guy

HUGH
HHARRIS is offline Find More Posts by HHARRIS
Old Nov 02, 2011, 11:07 AM
Team ATX Pilot
Phx. Az.
Joined Nov 2004
1,308 Posts
Sweet another Polaris congrats Hugh. I was going post pics of my dog but I need to wait for the stitches to be remove first.JOKE!
Old Nov 02, 2011, 08:29 PM
are we there yet?
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined May 2004
1,209 Posts
Did you get it, did you get it!!!!
Alan C is offline Find More Posts by Alan C
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2011, 09:31 PM
Team ATX Pilot
Phx. Az.
Joined Nov 2004
1,308 Posts
It's here! Time to unpack and pick up where I left off, pics are on the way. I know the whole world has been waiting...
Donnie
Old Nov 02, 2011, 09:59 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Sep 2010
763 Posts
YEP.... I've been holding off flying it just to let you go first....LOL
It better be ready by morning cause mine is going up at 10am. LOL
Good luck, lock up the dog.
Eric
NCDLG is offline Find More Posts by NCDLG
Old Nov 02, 2011, 11:01 PM
Throw it like you hate it
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Apr 2007
3,035 Posts
mine is done too. maiden tomorrow afternoon at BSoAZ if the wind cooperates. came in just shy of 10oz.
paul
RCPC is offline Find More Posts by RCPC
RCG Plus Member