HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2001, 11:00 AM
lake worth,fl
Joined Oct 2000
28 Posts
wingo building

I have 2 ? about the new wingo. One how do you attach the tail skid to the alum tail boom?
Also if i follow the instructions right,the wing hold down dowel is to far rearward,extending beyond the hole in the wing.That is placing the tubing flush with tip,and leaving 8mm gap to fuselage.
I had a poppy before and it said to have 35mm from tip to fuselage.
thanks
budd is offline Find More Posts by budd
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2001, 08:11 PM
Long Island
Joined Oct 2001
10 Posts
Hi Budd,

In response to question 1, I tried epoxying a small tail wheel set up to the boom as per advice from some here that noted the skid sometimes catches. I had it break free twice on relatively smooth landings. I have since taped it in place just in front of the stab using black tape....seems to work well like that.
I can answer the second as to what I did.... I located the front of the dowel as per the plans and mine also extended past the rear part of the hole and interfered with the wing. I cut it back so it ended about in the middle of the hole. Rounded over the edge of the dowel after cutting. Hope this helps,
john
John P is offline Find More Posts by John P
Old Oct 22, 2001, 09:37 AM
Boise, ID 83703
Joined May 2001
266 Posts
Tail Wheel

Can't help you with the measurement question as I have a Poppy, but if you have a hobby shop nearby get a Firebird XL tail wheel. They are about a $1.00. Two screws and you have a much better device than a dragger device. It is a very simple and light wheel. Will probably weigh less than the tail dragger skid.

Good luck. Just got my floats for Poppy and flew 8 packs through it off the water. Awesome! All the neighbors are coming out of their houses and the people on the walking path by the lake are all stopping and making comments. A great weekend to fly.
Tim Seidenstricker is offline Find More Posts by Tim Seidenstricker