HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 17, 2010, 01:17 PM
san jose ca
Joined Apr 2010
35 Posts
Question
Hey there guys need help in setting pitch cure and throtal cure

Hey there i Just got my EXI 500 and am still very new at flying. Just need some help in setting my pitch curve and throtal curve and my end points. If there is anyone that can help please. I just basically want to do hovering and basic flight with my heli. Thanks guys.
eskyruben is offline Find More Posts by eskyruben
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2010, 01:30 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,262 Posts
Go to Bayside and get help in person.
Evan D is offline Find More Posts by Evan D
Old May 17, 2010, 01:34 PM
san jose ca
Joined Apr 2010
35 Posts
help setting pitch curve and throtal curve

were is bayside located. Im here in san jose california.
Old May 17, 2010, 04:24 PM
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Apr 2002
816 Posts
Please try to ask more than one question per thread, so far you seem to have started a seperate thread every time you've had a different question, its a bit unneccessary, especially given theyve all been setup related.

But, in reference to setup, since it seems googling has not provided your answers, you will definitely need in-person assistance.
SlopeKing is offline Find More Posts by SlopeKing
Old May 17, 2010, 06:08 PM
san jose ca
Joined Apr 2010
35 Posts
sorry about that

sorry about that. Just need help thats all.
Old May 17, 2010, 06:11 PM
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Apr 2002
816 Posts
I set up my first heli, a 500 size, with nothing but a lot of googling and some reading.

This forum has a search function that can answer most of your questions, and those it cant, will be because every heli is slightly different, hence, if you can't work it out, get some face-to-face help.
Old May 18, 2010, 11:08 AM
Excellence is Expected
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
It is something you just need to learn and figure out. copying someone else set up doesn't ensure it will even fly.

There is a whole set of complications that depends on what servo is on what side, what servo you are using, radio, gyro, tail servo, and a 3D pilot is going to have it tunned differently that someone just starting out.

You need to know how everything works so you can trouble shoot and repair it when it crashes.

You also probably want to start with a linar pitch and throttle curve. Your end points will be depended on the servo, which hole on the arm, and how much pitch you have in the swash setting, use a pitch guage and you should see about -4.5 - -5 at low stick 4 or 5 at mid and 9-10 degrees at high.
MakMov is offline Find More Posts by MakMov
Old May 18, 2010, 11:19 AM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,346 Posts
Well, now that you got the lectures on group coutresy here is some help...

Finless Bob has been a great help teaching me how to setup helis, here is the finless forum:
http://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60

Go through the basics:
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692

There are vids on setting up pitch curves, throttle curves, gyros....all for free

You should watch this one to help build the EXI500
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=53304

good luck, happy learning, and welcome to the insanity
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old May 18, 2010, 03:01 PM
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Apr 2002
816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakMov View Post
It is something you just need to learn and figure out. copying someone else set up doesn't ensure it will even fly.

There is a whole set of complications that depends on what servo is on what side, what servo you are using, radio, gyro, tail servo, and a 3D pilot is going to have it tunned differently that someone just starting out.

You need to know how everything works so you can trouble shoot and repair it when it crashes.

You also probably want to start with a linar pitch and throttle curve. Your end points will be depended on the servo, which hole on the arm, and how much pitch you have in the swash setting, use a pitch guage and you should see about -4.5 - -5 at low stick 4 or 5 at mid and 9-10 degrees at high.

I'm going to have to stop you there. having 0 degrees at something other than mid-stick teaches bad habits, 0 degrees pitch should ALWAYS be at mid stick to teach correct muscle memory.
Old May 18, 2010, 04:21 PM
Excellence is Expected
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlopeKing View Post
I'm going to have to stop you there. having 0 degrees at something other than mid-stick teaches bad habits, 0 degrees pitch should ALWAYS be at mid stick to teach correct muscle memory.
I stand corrected.
MakMov is offline Find More Posts by MakMov
Old May 18, 2010, 08:31 PM
san jose ca
Joined Apr 2010
35 Posts
Thanks guys.

thank you guys so much. I really do mean it.
Old May 18, 2010, 08:55 PM
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Apr 2002
816 Posts
FWIW, my pitch curves on my 500 are (and I'm a learner)

Code:
       Stick Position:
        -100%   0%   100%
NOR:    -.5*   -.5*  -.5*
IDL1:   -2*     0*    11*
IDL2:   -11*    0*    11*
Throttle curves (DO NOT COPY THESE):

Code:
        Stick Position:
        -100%   0%   100%
NOR:    0%     85%   100%
IDL1:   0%     85%   100%
IDL2:   100%   85%   100%
Old May 19, 2010, 06:46 PM
san jose ca
Joined Apr 2010
35 Posts
setting curves

Yea i think i finally got it going for my 500. I adjusted my sub trim and also changed on my trannsmitter 120 to 140 and it seem to respond very quick with soft touch on the sticks. o yea and my gryo to, i just got the right manual for it to put it in head lock mode. So now its good. still sum stuff to tweak thow.
Old May 19, 2010, 09:15 PM
Committed heli addict...
Joined Jan 2010
675 Posts
120 and 140 swash

!!!WARNING!!!

You MUST use 120 swash on a 120 and you MUST use 140 on a 140 swash.
phoenixheli is offline Find More Posts by phoenixheli
Old May 19, 2010, 09:29 PM
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Apr 2002
816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskyruben View Post
Yea i think i finally got it going for my 500. I adjusted my sub trim and also changed on my trannsmitter 120 to 140 and it seem to respond very quick with soft touch on the sticks. o yea and my gryo to, i just got the right manual for it to put it in head lock mode. So now its good. still sum stuff to tweak thow.
the '120' and '140' I am assuming are the CCPM settings, which as phoenixheli says, MUST match the swashplate setup, or you will have serious issues later on.