HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:05 PM
Joined Mar 2011
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphsjeep View Post
Smokey....did ctuuing down the pannels really help??? May be Dremmel time!!

Side note, I have some picooz type tail rotor blades sitting that I was going to list for sale. Anyone interested??????????
It sounds interesting... except if you let it sit, dust and small other stuff might be all over everything. Also, I would believe it would be most sensitive to air flows coming from the side, but I might be wrong there.

Worth a try IMO.
RCHeli11 is offline Find More Posts by RCHeli11
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2011, 03:08 AM
Joined Mar 2011
11 Posts
Hi there, im new on this hobby, i have like a week with my s107, i was reading about to upgrade the battery of the helicopter, and i was wondering if i can upgrade the original battery for this one http://www.xheli.com/73p-400mah-1s1p-37-15c.html

it's 400mah 15c I don't know what it means but is almost the double than 240 mhz
viruz507 is offline Find More Posts by viruz507
Old Mar 15, 2011, 04:24 AM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viruz507 View Post
Hi there, im new on this hobby, i have like a week with my s107, i was reading about to upgrade the battery of the helicopter, and i was wondering if i can upgrade the original battery for this one http://www.xheli.com/73p-400mah-1s1p-37-15c.html

it's 400mah 15c I don't know what it means but is almost the double than 240 mhz
That's a Walkera battery and I doubt it would fit. Also, the extra juice and weight would probably do harm to the electronics/motors.
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Mar 15, 2011, 04:59 AM
Want heli used electonics
United States, WA, Pasco
Joined Mar 2011
184 Posts
mAh means the battery's capacity. The C rating is the battery's ability to supply current. Neither is a problem. Mounting and weight might be problems though. You can try this though: take your stock battery (150 mAh) out, weigh it, and tape coins to it until you triple the weight. That's probably how much a triple-capacity battery weighs. Put the whole triple-weight thing in the heli and see if she flies. Probably not but this way at least you'll have a good indication.

You might try lightening it if you really want to fly with the big battery.

Michael
michaelstoops is offline Find More Posts by michaelstoops
Old Mar 15, 2011, 06:11 AM
Joined Mar 2011
9 Posts
Guys please help!

I have bought one of these helicopters, but it keeps cutting out. As soon as you try to lift off all power is lost. The problem is solved by turning it off and on again, only for the copter to cut out again during or just after liftoff.

The helicopter is still new. The shop I bought it from closed a week later so I can't take it back.

Is this fixable?
Trailrider is offline Find More Posts by Trailrider
Old Mar 15, 2011, 06:45 AM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailrider View Post
Guys please help!

I have bought one of these helicopters, but it keeps cutting out. As soon as you try to lift off all power is lost. The problem is solved by turning it off and on again, only for the copter to cut out again during or just after liftoff.

The helicopter is still new. The shop I bought it from closed a week later so I can't take it back.

Is this fixable?
If a motor is hindered from turning then a safety cut-off will shut everything down. Do the rotors spin freely? Is there anything obstructing the motors from spinning?
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Mar 15, 2011, 07:44 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
If a motor is hindered from turning then a safety cut-off will shut everything down. Do the rotors spin freely? Is there anything obstructing the motors from spinning?
Nope. This is classic NSS: New SYMA Syndrome. Mine was doing the same thing right out of the box.
At first, I was running around, shutting-down everything in the house (LCD big screen, XBox360 even LED clocks) but the 107 just keeps shutting off and dropping to the floor.

Someone else here was having the exact same issue.
Now we have 3 of us -- mine was purchased about a month ago, but it was an XHeli refurb. I am assuming now that the returned heli had this drop out issue and XH just checked it and resold it.

Again, I don't blame XHeli, because it doesn't always do this, but now it does this at least 2-3 times on every flight.

This is one reason why I am trotting over to MJX T-series helis; no issues at all and priced the same. My T-37 is fantastic.
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Mar 15, 2011, 08:04 AM
Joined Mar 2011
9 Posts
No Frank, the rotors turn freely.

It's exactly like MaladroitFL says. Was an intermittent problem at first, but now it doesn't fly at all.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 08:05 AM
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
I'd guess the battery went bad. Probably doesn't hold enough charge to avoid dropping below the cutoff level.
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Old Mar 15, 2011, 08:05 AM
Ooops!!!
Farnborough, UK
Joined Jan 2011
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphsjeep View Post
Smokey....did ctuuing down the pannels really help??? May be Dremmel time!!

Side note, I have some picooz type tail rotor blades sitting that I was going to list for sale. Anyone interested??????????
Yes quite a bit, it doesn't seem like much weight to lose, but it all helps.
smokey325 is offline Find More Posts by smokey325
Old Mar 15, 2011, 08:07 AM
Ooops!!!
Farnborough, UK
Joined Jan 2011
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHeli11 View Post
It sounds interesting... except if you let it sit, dust and small other stuff might be all over everything. Also, I would believe it would be most sensitive to air flows coming from the side, but I might be wrong there.

Worth a try IMO.
The sides are quite open anyway, this won't make much difference. It will be blown away when you start up.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 08:48 AM
Joined Mar 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleT View Post
I'd guess the battery went bad. Probably doesn't hold enough charge to avoid dropping below the cutoff level.
Nope I doubt it's that. The chopper seems fine when you switch it off and on again. And you could do that 30 times. If it was the battery it would be flat.

Hulluva frustrating this!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 09:33 AM
Ooops!!!
Farnborough, UK
Joined Jan 2011
94 Posts
Quote:
Nope I doubt it's that. The chopper seems fine when you switch it off and on again. And you could do that 30 times. If it was the battery it would be flat.

This wouldn't be the cause of it be intermittent, but if it suddenly dies within a few seconds of trying to lift, it might be worth checking the channel switch hasn't been knocked on the tx. I had this and the blades would start and stop almost immediately.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 09:34 AM
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Quote:

The description you give is very similar to what a lot of S032s die of. I have one myself and it acts just like this. The consensus there seems to be early motor wearout.

Since this is almost unheard of in S107s I think it must be somewhere else besides the motors but you never know. I have two S107s with over 80 flights on them each now and I have never seen anything like this. Both purchased since mid-January but from different lots (an R5 board in one and an R12 in another).

These are the most stable and reliable helicopters I have (out of only 7 I admit). I think your problem is an unusual one.
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:13 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
This is one reason why I am trotting over to MJX T-series helis; no issues at all and priced the same. My T-37 is fantastic.
no issues thus far however every product line has their manufacturing lemons and sub par assemblies and as the sample of units increases so do the evident issues in greater numbers be they hobby grade or these cheapos.
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp