HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2009, 02:36 AM
Aylesbury,UK
Joined Apr 2000
939 Posts
Discussion
Delta-V 15 versus Minifan pro

Hi, can anyone tell me which fan draws the most watts on the same motor wind? I have the Eflite 3600kv motor in the Delta-V fan, and its pulling too many watts on 4S for my requirements. I would like to know if the Minifan draws less, so I can maybe try the rotor and 4mm adaptor.
Stuey is online now Find More Posts by Stuey
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2009, 07:15 AM
EDF Nut
Cincinnati
Joined Jan 2006
2,089 Posts
http://rc.medusaproducts.com/setup-info/edf/index.php
Here are a number of 70mm and 90mm fans tested w/ different Kv motors. There are a couple of testes with 3400kv motors in the Mini fan. Not exact but close. I liked that the Delta V 15 had a motor mouning area that left a good deal of the motor's surface exposed to the exhaust flow. Should help with cooling. It may be possible to use the Mini rotor with the V15 housing if you decide you like performance of Mini better.
carl rich is offline Find More Posts by carl rich
Old Aug 24, 2009, 11:18 AM
Aylesbury,UK
Joined Apr 2000
939 Posts
Thanks for that, I will have a look. I decided to order the Minifan pro rotor and 4mm adaptor, so I will find out soon if it works!!
Old Aug 25, 2009, 03:16 PM
Aylesbury,UK
Joined Apr 2000
939 Posts
I got the minifan rotor today, and the good news is it fits in the Eflite shroud!! It has a bit more clearance than the ideal, a bit over 1mm between the blades and the shroud. The only problem I had was getting the Eflite rotor off, as the adaptor was spinning slightly on rotor, so I couldnt get the nut undone. This ended up with me having to snap the blades off and crush the hub to get the adaptor off.
I had a little trouble getting the ali spinner on the minifan rotor, as it is a very tight fit. The instructions say to use the fixing screw to pull it on, which is what I did. Once sorted, I took some measurements.
It wasnt quite as smooth as the Eflite rotor, there is a bit of vibration at about 1/3 throttle which disappears above this. The spinner doesnt look 100% true, not much I can do about that!
On a 2/3rds charged pack (4S 2250 30C Loong Max), a quick measurement of the original Eflite setup gave 740W, at 52A and 14V. With the Minifan rotor on the same pack, I got 650W, at 46A and 14V. This has brought the levels down to nearer what I was after, and it should be under 60A fresh off the charger. I will do some more tests with a fresh pack soon. I hope this will be some help to you guys, it looks like the Eflite 3600kv motor with a 4mm adaptor in a minifan can be a decent setup