SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 26, 2013, 06:43 PM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Aug 2008
4,508 Posts
Quote:
looked like it was dropping a wing - tip stall tendency?
The wing core was built with zero washout and flat as possible. On launch its a toss up if it drifts left or right for the first 40ft when my friend lets go, we haven't used the rail since the X brace riser on the front end of the bungee. I need to make my own so I can fly it more independently.
ApexAero is offline Find More Posts by ApexAero
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2013, 05:11 PM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Aug 2008
4,508 Posts
Ergo working file .dxf

Enclosed is a working file for the Ergo, it is not structured or in any format or sheet just a raw dxf file for anyone to work with should they like to try and build one of these speed demons. You may need to adjust the cage diameter for your housing, Gary has a couple of nacelles as does Velocity-RC. I'm thinking of building a plug for a nice 70mm nacelle and 90mm nacelle following Clauses lead in design but with my twist of a straight cylinder area before and after the fan, in other words I extended the front of the housing by 12% and the rear by 75% shrouding the motor and to facilitate and area of even/equal velocity before it squeezes in the tail pipe efflux. I made quick change tail pipes using g-10 rings taped to the rear extension until I found the one I liked.
The cats out of the bag as to why its so quiet and works more efficient than other CS70 mm fans.
ApexAero is offline Find More Posts by ApexAero
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2013, 09:29 PM
United States, MA, Middleboro
Joined Jul 2007
624 Posts
Thanks for posting the file.
A tuned pipe for a df. !!!
iron eagle is offline Find More Posts by iron eagle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The third time is a charm!