SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 29, 2015, 02:53 PM
Find More Posts by Ron_RC
Ron_RC
Joined Nov 2011
211 Posts
This is my second UFO build with a 1000lm LED tractor beam I cycle on and off with my transmitter.
UFO Flying Saucer with Improved Tractor Beam - Ron_RC Episode 2 (3 min 32 sec)
Ron_RC is offline Find More Posts by Ron_RC
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2015, 03:01 PM
Ron_RC
Joined Nov 2011
211 Posts
If anyone is interested, in the maiden video of my second UFO, I put build photos. This is how I built both of these with the exception of the frame and booms were inside the fuselage on UFO 1 and underneath on UFO 2. My next will be like my first one with the frame and motor booms above the bottom of the fuselage and will be a larger one to support 10" props.
UFO Flying Saucer Tractor Beam and Build Photos (3 min 26 sec)
Old May 30, 2015, 10:17 AM
Find More Posts by STRINGFLY
Little Rock Regional, Arkansas, United States
Joined Sep 2002
4,683 Posts
Cool.

I liked them both. Very cool. Keep us posted. I have a DJI 450 I want to make a saucer form for. Also bought some HK lights for it. Yours look just great in the air.

Stringfly <>++++++
STRINGFLY is offline Find More Posts by STRINGFLY
Old Jun 02, 2015, 09:32 PM
Ron_RC
Joined Nov 2011
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRINGFLY View Post
I liked them both. Very cool. Keep us posted. I have a DJI 450 I want to make a saucer form for. Also bought some HK lights for it. Yours look just great in the air.

Stringfly <>++++++
Hi Stringfly, Thanks! One thing I can tell you is, if you do make a UFO fuselage for you DJI, you will need to increase the gains 30% to 50% higher (pitch and roll) than they are currently. This aircraft is inherently more unstable but can be stabilized by increasing the gains. All the best and Happy flying!