SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:31 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
1,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksp View Post
Pretty close - I have the D3536/8 1000kV motor in one of my T-28's. Running a 10x10E on 3S and it's super fast!

alright.. no mods needed.. just bolt on and thats it right? also, whats the flight time you are getting out of it?
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:18 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
1,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY View Post
anyone has used the Turnigy D3536/9 910KV on it???? Any test? i want to buy that motor right now
Blink,

I would recommend more kV. At least 1100. 910 is for swinging a big prop like a 14x7 or bigger. If your upgrading and only want to do it once I recommend the Power15. Bolts right on. You can find them here on RCG Classifieds for $30 - $45. PM me if you like.

Ron
rdcskkrose is offline Find More Posts by rdcskkrose
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:38 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,760 Posts
But the stock one runs around 840kv?? Not trying to argue just trying to figure out... Also power power 15 should be a little less efficient and more heavy.... Do you have that set up?? If so, what battery and cowl modes you did?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:59 PM
build, fly, crash...repeat
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Apr 2011
1,493 Posts
Quote:
alright.. no mods needed.. just bolt on and thats it right? also, whats the flight time you are getting out of it?
Not exactly. I ordered this motor mount - http://www.customrcparts.com/index.p...roducts_id=108

My timer alarm is set at 7 minutes on Turnigy Nano-tech 2200 45C
marksp is offline Find More Posts by marksp
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:10 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,760 Posts
Thanks a lot man!!! Let m order that for me with the same motor... I got 20-30c turnigy batterys and they will do the trick if the motor dont go for more than 40 amps the motor it self... Thanks man im sold already for this motor upgrade... So CG still the same right?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:33 PM
build, fly, crash...repeat
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Apr 2011
1,493 Posts
For all of my 2200's, I mount rearward (cut out battery retainer from underside of canopy).
marksp is offline Find More Posts by marksp
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:47 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksp View Post
For all of my 2200's, I mount rearward (cut out battery retainer from underside of canopy).

I did that already
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:26 AM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,636 Posts
Gentlemen,

The T-28 was intended to be flown with the battery in the little cradle designed for it. It easily accepts 2200s without any modifications as that's what I fly with. If you have to cut the canopy, your model is not trimmed properly.

But, as I've already been attacked on this thread earlier for trying to offer sage advice, no problem if you want to fly your model that way....it's your model.

Model aircraft (heck, all aircraft, for that matter) should be just a tad nose-heavy at balance. Note I said a tad or smidge if you will. But, again, it's your plane and you can fly it anyway you want to. Just understand that it'll fly alot differently than it was designed and you'll never see the maximum performance out of the model due to it's now unstable flight characteristics .

Just my .02 and only trying to help.
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:32 AM
Blacked out 350z - Texas
Joined Nov 2012
1,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
Gentlemen,

The T-28 was intended to be flown with the battery in the little cradle designed for it. It easily accepts 2200s without any modifications as that's what I fly with. If you have to cut the canopy, your model is not trimmed properly.

But, as I've already been attacked on this thread earlier for trying to offer sage advice, no problem if you want to fly your model that way....it's your model.

Model aircraft (heck, all aircraft, for that matter) should be just a tad nose-heavy at balance. Note I said a tad or smidge if you will. But, again, it's your plane and you can fly it anyway you want to. Just understand that it'll fly alot differently than it was designed and you'll never see the maximum performance out of the model due to it's now unstable flight characteristics .

Just my .02 and only trying to help.
Wrice4 is offline Find More Posts by Wrice4
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:41 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,760 Posts
i have it inserted on the original space fo the battery... i was just trying to find out the balance with the new power 15 motor.... anybody trying to attack you (Justwingit) for trying to help must be taking some kind of medication
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:25 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
1,995 Posts
Yes, I am running the P15 and bumped it up to 3300 4S. Yes, the prop shaft opening in the front of the cowl needs to be opened up slightly as the P15 is a little longer that the stocker. Other than that it bolts right in.

Quote:
But the stock one runs around 840kv?? Not trying to argue just trying to figure out... Also power power 15 should be a little less efficient and more heavy.... Do you have that set up?? If so, what battery and cowl modes you did?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcskkrose View Post
Yes, I am running the P15 and bumped it up to 3300 4S. Yes, the prop shaft opening in the front of the cowl needs to be opened up slightly as the P15 is a little longer that the stocker. Other than that it bolts right in.

wao!! 3300 4S.. geez... how do you manage to not fold the wings up while banking?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:34 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
1,995 Posts
Quote:
wao!! 3300 4S.. geez... how do you manage to not fold the wings up while banking?
There is a CF rod in the wing with white bathroon silicone sealant in the wing saddle and some other slight modifications.

Here's Homer's 28.

Cowl opening to accept the P15. Blemderm reinforced tail. Breechload battery option. Battery sits in the same tunnel as the stock 1800 3S. Speed controller siliconed in and P15 strapped onto the stock motor mount. Want that to give way first in case of a nose hit. Breaks first before a bunch of other stuff. Not a fan of the al. motor mount. Breaks last after a lot of other stuff.
Last edited by rdcskkrose; Nov 15, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:08 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,360 Posts
i had to enlarge the width of the opening and also cut to make my gens ace 2500 mah batts go further forward as it was tail heavy without this mod. they are signifigantly heavier than the stock 1800 and longer and wider but thinner from top to bottom. i love the extra flight time so i dont care about weight. she flys great with them once properly positioned. almost twice the flight time of the 1800. i like air time!
walter3rd is online now Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,760 Posts
Nice mods