SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 15, 2006, 09:00 PM
i cant fly 55
i dont know
Joined May 2006
1,065 Posts
Alert
new estes

just found this plane called the flight master rog, looks easy to convert want to buy one soon!
f14_Tomcat_92' is offline Find More Posts by f14_Tomcat_92'
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2006, 01:10 AM
♠ ♂ ♠
Mile High City
Joined Dec 2004
473 Posts
Looks nice. Here is PDF.
http://www.estesrockets.com/images/6...ROG%20Inst.pdf

Its not Proportional, I like the way they describe pulsing the turning. The controler shuts off if you hold the turn for 1.5sec. Good news is it takes off ROG in 1.5-3 meters. Its put together like most estes planes.

Hard to see if the Throttle is Pro-po___????

Ahhh_ 69-89$$$
bEbOp ? is offline Find More Posts by bEbOp ?
Last edited by bEbOp ?; Aug 16, 2006 at 01:48 AM. Reason: found the price tag
Old Aug 16, 2006, 10:33 AM
i cant fly 55
i dont know
Joined May 2006
1,065 Posts
69-89 too high for a toy but all wait til the holidays to buy the wons little kids hate! cheaper prices on ebay.
f14_Tomcat_92' is offline Find More Posts by f14_Tomcat_92'
Old Aug 30, 2006, 02:51 PM
What tree?
Yucca Valley, California
Joined Aug 2005
2,490 Posts
I picked up one of the Estes 'ROG' models at Wally World the other day. I've seen them going on the internet for 80+, and Wally had them for 39.99..Couldn't pass it up. It's such an attractive model, too. And very, very sturdy.

Just for kicks and giggles, I flew it on it's stock radio. It flew well on just motor thrust, but it lacked any sort of turning authority and it had absolutely no range. I had to go chasing after it at least twice. It glides like a champ, so even thou the motors cut when they have no radio signal, if you have any sort of decent altitude (Which is surprisingly easy to get) it will just float forever.

To give a hint at the durability of the model,one of the times I had to chase after it it slammed into a pitcher's net at probably near 30 miles an hour at about 20 feet. Bounced, landed on it's wheels and was ready to go again with little more then a scratch or two on the nose.

A second time was near the end of the battery's life (About 8 minutes). With little power left (Doesn't seem to be an effective method of maintaining power with a low battery), the plane again cut it's motors and went into hotliner mode. It really does look great like that..Lol. But into a tree it went. A small ding on the port wingtip, and that's that.

I'm seriously, seriously thinking about going back and picking up another one for a full 4-channel conversion. The model is just beautiful. And it's quite large, too. The wing and control surfaces are made quite strong, and the fuse has a lot of room to work in. So, I see a full house conversion for this model in the near future. If it flies as well as it does on a toy radio system, imagine the possabilities!

I do know Estes makes 2 versions of the model. The one on Tower Hobbies (Selling for 89.99) and the Wal*Mart one I picked up. My plane has a really slick (And very well done) Blue Angels color scheme. The one on Tower has a somewhat tachy white, yellow and red scheme. They have two different part numbers (61607 - Blue Angles, 61500 - Flightmaster). Browsing the PDF instructions for both, I see both have bump-and-go stearing, and both also appear to have non-proportional throttles. Both have a 31" wing. I can't really find a difference between the two.

Here're the instruction manuals for both. Maybe you can point it out.

http://www.estesrockets.com/images/...s tes%20ROG%22

http://www.estesrockets.com/images/...stes%2061607%22

(:P Yes I C&P'd this from my post in Electrics)
Rampage is online now Find More Posts by Rampage
Old Aug 30, 2006, 02:57 PM
Bethpage Grumman, New York, United States
Joined Nov 2002
2,145 Posts
The Links are dead.
mike glass is offline Find More Posts by mike glass
Old Aug 30, 2006, 03:16 PM
What tree?
Yucca Valley, California
Joined Aug 2005
2,490 Posts
Drat..Well, the first link is the same one provided above.

The 2nd..

http://www.estesrockets.com/images/6...ue%20angels%22

There. That link should work fine.
Rampage is online now Find More Posts by Rampage
Old Mar 21, 2007, 12:27 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Here is a link to a 3 and 4 channel mod build with video from each mod......
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=659225
rob
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Last edited by modfly; Apr 03, 2007 at 03:59 PM.