HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:41 PM
Woodstock, VT
Joined Jan 2007
632 Posts
The way you worded that is a bit off. On the aileron, if the left goes up the right should go down. So that seems correct to me. Did you mean to say the right one should only go as far down as 1/2" if so, I would do that with travel adjust and limit the downward travel.

(conversely, the left should also just travel 1/2" down)

I can't answer your question on the offsets.

I plugged in a model file to get my settings. I intend to go back through when done and dissect it and see if I can't come up with a procedure.
Sctholson is offline Find More Posts by Sctholson
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:57 PM
Chester NJ
Joined Nov 2005
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sctholson View Post
The way you worded that is a bit off. On the aileron, if the left goes up the right should go down. So that seems correct to me. Did you mean to say the right one should only go as far down as 1/2" if so, I would do that with travel adjust and limit the downward travel.

(conversely, the left should also just travel 1/2" down)

I can't answer your question on the offsets.

I plugged in a model file to get my settings. I intend to go back through when done and dissect it and see if I can't come up with a procedure.
Yeah I'll just adjust my travel volumes. Been a long week and car problems!! Haha!
Thanks.
xtraflyr is offline Find More Posts by xtraflyr
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:28 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2013
732 Posts
Why don't you just use aileron differential?

Best is to get both ailerons mechanically identical and then use aileron differential to have the aileron that goes down have less throw.

The benefit for doing this with the aileron differential menu is that you can apply a Q.Link allowing you different throw settings during flight and find which one you like the most.
Graupner USA is offline Find More Posts by Graupner USA
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 04:55 AM
Chester NJ
Joined Nov 2005
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA View Post
Why don't you just use aileron differential?

Best is to get both ailerons mechanically identical and then use aileron differential to have the aileron that goes down have less throw.

The benefit for doing this with the aileron differential menu is that you can apply a Q.Link allowing you different throw settings during flight and find which one you like the most.
I have all my rates for all my surface throws on one switch. The aileron diff is adjustable for each rate correct? When I go from normal throws to high rate I can adjust the differential for that rate also,correct? Rate "A" and Rate "B" adjust up and down for each rate? Meaning rate "A" isn't for low rate and Rate "B" isn't for high rate?
Thanks Mannie.
xtraflyr is offline Find More Posts by xtraflyr
Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM
Joined Oct 2013
732 Posts
Correct.
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 07:13 AM
Woodstock, VT
Joined Jan 2007
632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA View Post
Attached the same model file but for the mz-18. In the future I will make sure to include both for each radio model.

Just play around with it.

SW5 changes flight modes,
ST1 overrides all modes for landing and deactivates the motor,
SW2 starts the global timer and activates the motor and timer 2 for total motor run

No D/R just a bit expo.

Have fun!
Mannie,
On the Typhoon model file for the MZ-18, can you explain what this ch8 to ch8 mix does? I can't seem to wrap my head around this.
Sctholson is offline Find More Posts by Sctholson
Old Today, 09:54 AM
Joined Oct 2013
732 Posts
I used ch8 for throttle on sw2. The switch has 3 positions of which one is spring loaded.

When the switch is pulled the throttle is activated but since I am using only one position of the switch I had to create an offset where I will get zero throttle when the switch is in the mid position and full throttle when the switch is pulled.

The mix is deactivated by the ST1 control when in landing mode (butterfly deployed) to ensure the motor cannot be accidentally activated when landing.

best is to watch the servo monitor and see what happens.
Site Sponsor