HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2013, 07:22 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samcro View Post
hey rexless im no guru, i fly with those exact stick scaling 80 80 90 96, with m290 and the one, i agree its very "twitchy", i find 20expo takes the edge off , Samcro
Thanks Samcro! I'll have to figure out how to setup expo on my devo 10 (deviation firmware). As usual, more reading to do... ;0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJH View Post
On my little Blue Sky quad I have upped the SS to 80 on roll and pitch and 100 on yaw, I am running -50 expo on my futaba tx and to be honest I could run more for just milling around but I have set up dual rates and that is working well. Cheers, Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by major.monogram View Post
Hey rexless...I have the original recommended settings and I flip with no issues. As a matter of fact it actually overflips sometimes if i'm not careful. I think I have a video of it somewhere on my phone. It's not a great one but if you watch the first couple of side flips it actually goes one and a quarter and I have to quickly bring it back level. I'll try to find it to show you my roll rates on the OG settings with no expo. Ill edit this post to add the video if the thread is not too far past it.

edit:// Here you go. sorry for the portrait mode phone video. Definitely requires full screen and HD to see it well. Anyway this was maybe the 3rd flight since I had learned to flip it. I'm sure it can be tuned to be better but I feel comfortable with these settings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akEIOL-EB_U
Thanks for the video! So for stick scaling you're using something in the neighborhood of 30 30 90 100?

I thought we needed the faster pitch and roll to power the rotation. Your flips look fine to me! I did my first flip today but my altitude was just a little low I think. I ended up moving fast just about the ground. I'm not sure if it was a bad strap or what but the battery was dragging in the dirt and I had to land it hard. It was ok, just a bit of dirt in the one motor and the battery etc. seems fine - I flew it after in the M 375 no problem. The strap was cut and I think it was the frame that got it. Unfortunately the extra straps I have are totally the wrong size - they're for a 450 CP. I have some generic strips of velcro strapping but it's hard to get a tight squeeze with those.

I might have got that on video. I'll have to check it out later! Thanks everyone... here's hoping for better luck tomorrow.
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2013, 09:47 PM
Joined Mar 2006
775 Posts
any one find 6" or 7" props sold in the USA? I see a few overseas but i want to find a less than 3 week lead time vendor.

Chris, if i pick up a One chassis or cnc 258, can you sell a set of props? I know you don't sell spares, but i'd like to get from the same place and not have more in shipping than parts.
thanks
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:15 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2012
25 Posts
[QUOTE=muck76;24444652]any one find 6" or 7" props sold in the USA? I see a few overseas but i want to find a less than 3 week lead time vendor.

Howdy Muck79
Sale date: 04/03/13 ,left Hong Kong for its destination on 11-Mar-2013
my post office 15/03/13

pflhobbyboy ebay

samcro
Samcro is offline Find More Posts by Samcro
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:28 PM
United States, NV, Carson City
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Hi Samcro
I have used "pflhobbyboy on ebay" five times with average of between 9 and 12 days with the last being 11 also.
So far I have gotten what I ordered by I know one of our guys wasn't as lucky - wrong props.

Carl
cmeisteriii is offline Find More Posts by cmeisteriii
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by cmeisteriii; Mar 16, 2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:22 PM
United States, CA, La Mesa
Joined Dec 2012
163 Posts
Weekly video of my 258. Unfortunately this ones my last for awhile until I can get around to fixing it. Ripped off one esc and burnt another one out while hitting the ground pretty bad. Oh well repairing things is half the fun in this hobby.

Sorry about the crappy camera angle haha the quad is only visible in the very bottom of the video.
Enjoy
Armattan 258 (6 min 22 sec)
miniquad22 is offline Find More Posts by miniquad22
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:48 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Greets!

I've been practicing, without self-level, getting ready to try the first manual flip with my CNC 355. I've ramped up the stick scaling to 80 80 90 96 and did some hovering and noticed it's twitchy as heck. I barely move the sticks and it's wanting to take off like a rocket. Is this where exponential comes in creating a spot in the centre of the sticks for finer movements then slowly becoming more extreme as you move into the upper and lower ranges of each channel?

Any suggestions from the acrobatic gurus out there?

Thanks!
Hi Rexless,

I'm no guru, either, but I know the KK2 has some expo programmed into it already. It's not programmable, though, like on some other boards.

Other than that, I do not use expo at all in my radio. The same when I fly CP heli. I'm allergic to expo. A lot of guys like it, though.

Here are two excellent videos that explains dual rates and expo very clearly.

Transmitter Dual Rate and Expo Theory, Part 1 of 2 (8 min 28 sec)

Transmitter Dual Rate and Expo Theory, Part 2 of 2 (10 min 46 sec)

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:48 PM
Joined Jan 2013
219 Posts
what battery are you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniquad22 View Post
Weekly video of my 258. Unfortunately this ones my last for awhile until I can get around to fixing it. Ripped off one esc and burnt another one out while hitting the ground pretty bad. Oh well repairing things is half the fun in this hobby.

Sorry about the crappy camera angle haha the quad is only visible in the very bottom of the video.
Enjoy
http://youtu.be/Qaj_nAtJSTI
mr_3_0_5 is online now Find More Posts by mr_3_0_5
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:58 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by major.monogram View Post
Hey guys. I posted this over in the kk2.0 thread before I found all of you hiding over here but no luck so far. I'm hoping somebody can help me with my issue. Well one of my many issues anyway...

I crashed a few times in one day (pretty hard I might add) and then went to do some night flying sometime after that. Two flights went really well with no issues but on the second flight after a smooth landing the kk2 would not disarm. I didn't think much of it and discoed the battery and went home. The next day i went to fly it and the LCD was blank and the board won't arm. I tried hitting the menu button and powering it with a single esc through the receiver as was suggested on the kk2.0 thread but no luck so far. I've also spot checked my solder joints and they 'seem' good. I plan to check them better tonight. Any other ideas of what it might be? Thanks!

Casey
Doesn't sound good to me. I think your KK2 is fried. You can look up RCG user Action Plus. He repairs boards and may be able to help you.

If you want a cheaper alternative, I have a brand new KK2 I can't install for sale because it has a small line of dead pixels on the screen. All is readable, but it's just not like new, though it is new. Never installed. I can let you have it for 25$ shipped. Just an option for you.

Rexless, the flips major pulls in his video cannot be with only 30 on pitch and Roll for stick scaling. Flips way to fast. By "original" settings, I think he means the settings I shipped with the quad.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:02 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
any one find 6" or 7" props sold in the USA? I see a few overseas but i want to find a less than 3 week lead time vendor.

Chris, if i pick up a One chassis or cnc 258, can you sell a set of props? I know you don't sell spares, but i'd like to get from the same place and not have more in shipping than parts.
thanks
I suppose I can include one set of props but I'd have to mark up the price a bit to cover shipping to me and then to you on them. But really, you're going to need more than one set of props, you know? Getting only one set is like asking to be grounded while waiting for replacement props to arrive in the mail.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:06 AM
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Muck,
Also check out https://www.gothelirc.com/default.asp. There prices are great and I receive them in CT in as little as two days. They are also having a sale right now but it ends today.

Cheers,
Jim
LJH is offline Find More Posts by LJH
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:27 AM
Quad On!!
United States, AL, Auburn
Joined Dec 2012
971 Posts
Hey guys, have any of you had this problem with your kk2. Mine say's sensor calibration - data out of limit. I didn't know if this can be fixed or not.
nate25j is online now Find More Posts by nate25j
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:39 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate25j View Post
Hey guys, have any of you had this problem with your kk2. Mine say's sensor calibration - data out of limit. I didn't know if this can be fixed or not.
This usually happens when you move the quad while it's initializing. When you connect the quad to your battery, do not move the quad for the first few seconds.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:20 PM
Quad On!!
United States, AL, Auburn
Joined Dec 2012
971 Posts
Yeah that corrected the problem. I appreciate the help!

Thanks, Nate
nate25j is online now Find More Posts by nate25j
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 17, 2013, 04:06 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Doesn't sound good to me. I think your KK2 is fried. You can look up RCG user Action Plus. He repairs boards and may be able to help you.

If you want a cheaper alternative, I have a brand new KK2 I can't install for sale because it has a small line of dead pixels on the screen. All is readable, but it's just not like new, though it is new. Never installed. I can let you have it for 25$ shipped. Just an option for you.

Rexless, the flips major pulls in his video cannot be with only 30 on pitch and Roll for stick scaling. Flips way to fast. By "original" settings, I think he means the settings I shipped with the quad.

Best,
Chris

Thanks Chris. I'll take it. I plan to tear my 355 down tonight and rebuild it to see if it is in fact a bad solder point but even if it works I'd love to have another kk2. I'll PM you for paypal info.

And as far as my settings are concerned I did mean the original settings on an Armattan. Unfortunately as noted above I can't look at the exact settings on mine but I do believe they were the ones that used to be recommended in the first few posts of Chris's for sale ad. Sorry I'm not more help.
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Last edited by major.monogram; Mar 17, 2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 04:16 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
PM sent, Chris

Sorry for the double post. Meant to edit the above post.
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Last edited by major.monogram; Mar 17, 2013 at 04:21 PM.