HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:41 AM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,422 Posts
Discussion
Don't want to be remembered...

End of the year always brings remembrances of modelers who've gone to the big hobby shop in the sky in the previous year.

But I told the wife this morning- I don't want to be REMEMBERED for anything... I just want to keep on building boats!

Guess it's time to lose a few pounds and get the blood pressure down... at least I don't have ciggies to give up...
patmat2350 is offline Find More Posts by patmat2350
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:22 PM
"Take the Cannollis"
Lake Martin ALABAMA
Joined Feb 2006
877 Posts
Not to worry...........Your creditors will never forget you. My motto has always been "Live till you die." If you're not gonna eat any more chocolate cake, can I have your share?
Steve Bad is offline Find More Posts by Steve Bad
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:49 PM
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Aug 2011
2,084 Posts
Pat

Your friends, and others, WILL remember you anyway! The others won't know anything to remember, anyway. And, having recently sent a Christmas card, to the daughter of someone we lost a few years back, I do understand. HAPPY HOLIDAYS, and DO, remember the good days with friends we have lost. That is the main negative, of having been in this hobby a long time. Best Wish's To All, Charlie
CaptCB is offline Find More Posts by CaptCB
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:20 PM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,449 Posts
one of the great advantages of forums like this is to share all the skills, knowledge and info with others. Towboat Joe is a classic example of this, how many of us (and I never met the man other than online) were touched by his knowledge and skills, and willingness to share them with us? He may not be on this planet (or plain of existence, or whatever you prefer to call here and now), but he is going to live for a very very long time. The next time someone needs information on tow boats or inland shipping and gets it from someone who in turn got it from Joe.

Personally if I need to exercise my dogs and don't want to work that hard I can buy myself a nice R/C car and have them chase it LOL!
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:23 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,757 Posts
Patmat, Charlie--- who are they?

Humbug!
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Dec 22, 2012, 05:15 PM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,422 Posts
Hmmm, I may have muddled my point here... I'm fine with posthumous fame- you can build statues to me in every park, I'm fine with that.

I just don't want to be at that point in life (i.e., "dead"), where I am being "remembered"!

Which is why it's a good time to starting thinking of New Year's resolutions, such as whatever it takes to take care of my heart. And from what I've seen of many of my fellow modelers, many of us would do well to get out of the work shop and move around now and then...
patmat2350 is offline Find More Posts by patmat2350
Old Dec 22, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,731 Posts
HEY PAT!!! So you donít want to be remembered, should we all burn your book, or should I stop selling it. To late now buddy, you made you bed when you wrote that classic book, looks like you will have to lie in it.
frankg is offline Find More Posts by frankg
Old Dec 22, 2012, 05:52 PM
Union, Maine
Joined Jul 2006
4,069 Posts
Pat, We'll name some boat pond after you and call it good. Hows that?
Jerome Morris is offline Find More Posts by Jerome Morris
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:13 PM
Old wreck in Milwaukee
United States, WI, West Allis
Joined May 2007
3,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmat2350 View Post
.And from what I've seen of many of my fellow modelers, many of us would do well to get out of the work shop and move around now and then...
Some years ago a bunch of the club members would stop at Hardees after the monthly meeting. Across the street there is a Bally's fitness center. Two of their employees stopped by our group and offered their one month free membership. I think we hurt their feelings with our unanimous response.

Pat I wish you well with your New Years resolutions. I never had much luck with them. As far as living healthy goes, every time I watch the news I feel I've lived too long already.

I like pizza, ice cream, soda, burgers, steaks, and assorted junk too much. Michelle Obama will have to pry the brat and Coke out of my cold dead hands. As stated in Paradise Lost: Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven
Prins Willem is offline Find More Posts by Prins Willem
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:46 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,294 Posts
Pat who??
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Dec 22, 2012, 07:07 PM
oldtribefan
Walnut Creek, CA
Joined May 2007
590 Posts
Quote:
And from what I've seen of many of my fellow modelers, many of us would do well to get out of the work shop and move around now and then...
Hey, careful there! I resemble that!
oldtribefan is offline Find More Posts by oldtribefan
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:20 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,757 Posts
Quote:
many of us would do well to get out of the work shop and move around now and then...
WHAT---? You actually have TIME to be in your workshop---?
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:07 AM
Detroit Metro, MI, USA
Joined Dec 2007
202 Posts
Does walking to the pond and lifting those heavy boats in and out of the water count as exercise? Just wondering...
mr_impervious is offline Find More Posts by mr_impervious
Old Dec 23, 2012, 02:00 AM
Steamy laser dude.
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined Oct 2011
250 Posts
Quote:
Which is why it's a good time to starting thinking of New Year's resolutions, such as whatever it takes to take care of my heart.

I got heart surgery last year at the age of 21. Relatively simple affair compared to what it used to be, but it definitely put the whole 'mortality' thing in the spotlight.
It's not been a New Years resolution, as I haven't passed a New Years since, but taking the time to enjoy things is something that I'm putting a conscious effort into.

So I guess that means my resolution is to build more boats.
SenorNeekers is offline Find More Posts by SenorNeekers
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:45 AM
Union, Maine
Joined Jul 2006
4,069 Posts
I think I do pretty good health wise.
For what it's worth.
If you want to stay healthy, slow down on all sugars, bread products and dairy products.
It is not easy as everything that taste good has one of these as a main ingredient.
Of course this also includes beer made from wheat, and alcohols that our bodies convert to sugar.
The best is to eat little meals, and get out for a walk once a day.
Jerome Morris is offline Find More Posts by Jerome Morris