Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:40 AM
Dont be divided from the truth
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2010
3,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGloriousfall View Post
hi guys,

i received my receiver controled switch from turnigy those last days (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8833).
no problem to connect it and make it works for the lights.
i plug it on the JST connector (charge) of the 3s 2200mAh that feed the entire plane.
as all examples i've seen are plug on the wire that goes to the esc, do you think i may have problems using this kind of connexion?

You can also use one of these switches. Put it directly between a channel and the light or whatever you want to turn on/off.

http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...d7177dda6bbc34
Dangaras is offline Find More Posts by Dangaras
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:41 PM
The Fix is Half The Fun
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Feb 2013
6 Posts
Any one know what type of Battery connector you need to work with this plane is it XT60 male or female or is it a T-connector or EC3. That would be from the ESC to BAT
ScottAR04 is offline Find More Posts by ScottAR04
Old Feb 27, 2013, 02:01 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAR04 View Post
Any one know what type of Battery connector you need to work with this plane is it XT60 male or female or is it a T-connector or EC3. That would be from the ESC to BAT
I'll check mine asap
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:34 PM
United States, FL, Satellite Beach
Joined Jul 2012
524 Posts
ESC has male xt60.
comanch is offline Find More Posts by comanch
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:06 AM
How do I land this thing?
United States, IN, Warsaw
Joined Feb 2012
217 Posts
I got my other trunnions yesterday so I put them on and took a very short flight this morning. It was pretty windy so I had to bring it in kinda hot and I hit the bumpy asphalt. Everything worked perfectly. I tried to get it on video but didn't catch much. You can get a glimpse of the plane and hear it land so you get an idea of how hard it came down. It was a somewhat rough landing but not a bad one at all.

durafly corsair metal trunnions (3 min 53 sec)
fathergoat is offline Find More Posts by fathergoat
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:20 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,301 Posts
Hey Warsaw IN. go figure. I know this has been available for awhile but I just got mine and the weather stinks so here's all I got. Enjoy!
Durafly F4U Corsair un-boxing (7 min 47 sec)
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:43 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,480 Posts
Dummy radial will look better when you paint it!
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:11 AM
How do I land this thing?
United States, IN, Warsaw
Joined Feb 2012
217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ View Post
Hey Warsaw IN. go figure. I know this has been available for awhile but I just got mine and the weather stinks so here's all I got. Enjoy!
you're not far away at all. you're going to love this plane it really is a great flyer.
fathergoat is offline Find More Posts by fathergoat
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:20 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe View Post
Dummy radial will look better when you paint it!
Looks fantastic.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:21 PM
France, IdF, La Roche-Guyon
Joined Oct 2011
61 Posts
hi guys!

thanks for your answers concerning the receiver controlled switch, i went to your blog quitcherbitchen and it will help! probably gonna try your drop bomb system, i love it!
i may try in the future the one u shown in your last post dangaras;

heres a vid of some of my flights with the corsair:

f4u corsair durafly (10 min 35 sec)
MrGloriousfall is offline Find More Posts by MrGloriousfall
Last edited by MrGloriousfall; Mar 06, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:43 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,494 Posts
Sounded windy in the video. Is that a 72mhz radio?
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Mar 04, 2013, 07:34 AM
Joined Oct 2011
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
Sounded windy in the video. Is that a 72mhz radio?
yes it was windy! those last weeks, here in france ( i'm living about 30km from paris), we 've had near 20-30 km/h almost every day, and the wind orientation is approximately 70° from the road i use to take-off and landing...
on the 2 first flights, i have my Graupner MX12 which is a 41mHz, but on the last flight, it was the first time i used my Turnigy 9X. it's not flash yet but i will do it soon.

i really love this plane, but the LG is really fragile. On the second landing in the vid, the left LG was broken , not only the plastic trunnion, but the leg too, at the point the pin comes in. i agree i was far away from a kiss landing, but it touched the ground at a very low speed.
i hope the metal trunnion will resolve that problem !
Old Mar 06, 2013, 06:22 PM
Joined Oct 2011
61 Posts
Quote:
the last one was because of the battery weight, as i said i have 3 differents battery, one is 207g, the second is 188g, and the last (the one i ordered with the plane) is 170g. i would say that we shouldnt use a battery thats less than 200g. with the 207g one, stalls are easy and in the axe of the fly, the plane swing from left to right before it happens. if stall happen in that condition, its because you wanted him to. with the 170g one , when the plane stall , it goes in a spin and dont swing at all before . thats what happened as i was flying way to low and far from the landing zone with the wind coming from my 6... so i belly landed another time in the same ploughed field . this flight issue was 2 new ears broken and the tail gear too.
heres is a video of the session i was talking about, the first flight with the 207g battery, the second flight with the 170g one...

bon et mauvais centrage du corsair F4U Durafly (1 min 54 sec)

And some pictures of the way to fix the tail gear issue, maybe someone have already shown it, but by the way...
Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:14 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,480 Posts
Ouch Glorious! What happened? Sorry I don't understand French.

Alan
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Mar 08, 2013, 04:43 PM
Joined Oct 2011
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe View Post
Ouch Glorious! What happened? Sorry I don't understand French.

Alan
i hope you'll understand "fren-glish"
the battery weight was too low on the second flight (170g), so the CG isnt good. the plane is tail heavy in this case, if you consider the strong wing coming from the 6 of the plane + the wrong CG ... i stalled and there goes the spin!
my mistake
i was lucky because i could belly land it in the field , the LG wasnt out so i just broke the tail gear, the 2 "ears" of the left LG and the left aileron servo.
nothing serious, i just changed the 2 ailerons servos, fixed the tail gear, and it flies again!
all the flight in my first video, upper in the thread, were done after i repaired the plane from this little crash.
thanks EPO to be that strong! with an "old school" balsa model, issues could have been much more important , iguess.
So... ok with the "fren-glish"..?
Last edited by MrGloriousfall; Mar 08, 2013 at 04:51 PM.