SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by beladog, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 22, 2011, 05:23 PM
There's A Hack For That.
United States, CA, Del Mar
Joined Oct 2008
471 Posts
Discussion
Aiptek Mod Manual For Semi-Advanced Hack

Ok so here is an abbreviated how to.
THIS MOD COVERS THE ACTION HD AND AHD PRO MODELS ONLY!!!
striking similarities between other models exist so many steps will work with other cameras as well. For example the A/V inputs etc etc.

This will remove the heavy cumbersome case and create a plug and play, FPV ready, Live out feeding, True HD camera, that is every bit as advanced and capable as a Go Pro, but only half the weight and much more streamlined!
If along the way you need more detail or explanation please feel free to post a comment with your question and I will modify the thread.

For now I will explain the basics which will get you well under way. I will go into much more detail with advanced techniques for really stripping down the camera and knocking off about another 15g! in just a few days as time permits.
Good Luck!!!

All the pictures are labeled with basic instructions and the picture descriptions go into a little more detail. Please read both carefully
If you do not own a LEAD FREE soldering station I would Highly recommend getting one. All the Solder on EVERY Aiptek is lead free. Adversly you should only be replacing/using a blend of leaded solder For all the steps below. I use and recommend 60/40 rosin core. Radio shack still carries this and its the best for strength and ease of use..032 is a great size for all your RC needs from .050 needle work up to 8gauge battery wire!

here is where I got IMO the best station money can buy at a price much lower than anything even close!!! The 2050+ from Black Jack SolderWerks
beladog is offline Find More Posts by beladog
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by beladog; May 22, 2011 at 08:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2011, 10:16 AM
Don't leave it Stock
USA, IL, Round Lake
Joined Feb 2004
2,506 Posts
Whats the max voltage it'll handle?? I'd like to power it with a steady 5v. Thanks for a great tutorial.

Did some more blog reading and found it. Thanks

3).Plug the Red Power Plug into your power source (i.e. on board receiver or any 4.8V source (5VMax).
mrfliboy is offline Find More Posts by mrfliboy
Old May 25, 2011, 06:14 PM
There's A Hack For That.
United States, CA, Del Mar
Joined Oct 2008
471 Posts
it will handle 5.5v all day long. If in airflow 6v is ok, but not recommended.
beladog is offline Find More Posts by beladog
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Super Easy Quad Domes!