SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:18 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
I have a 2801 PRO and a BNIB RX-2608 that will not bind. I did the memory clean on the RX and seems to have cleared. What do I do after that unplug it and try binding again right? Because that is not working. I figured one of you guys may know how to get it to work. I have another one that binds just fine with that model memory.
Thanks for your help guys!
Did you set the mode of your 2801Pro to 2600 mode? I don't remember which menu item it is off the top of my head but STICK MODE maybe? The 2801 and 2602 TX use a slightly different protocol and you need to tell the TX which one to transmit.
The LED under the Walkera sign should end up a different colour depending if you are running in 8 /6 /4 channel mode....
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:40 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
On my v450 nearly everything is updatet, 2703 RX, KDS Servos, Roxxy ESC and now a motor with high class shaft :-) It flyes pretty well and at least id did not spent much money for it :-)
Nothing directed at you, Walkera just makes me so angry sometimes. I know you upgraded yours. How are those KDS servos BTW? I remember hearing bad things about KDS at one point. At least about their helicopters. But i think they have a new game plan now a days. Are you flying 3D at all? I'm curious about the ability of the servos that are available to work with the 2703. Do they have replacement gears and servo horns available? Because it seems like the available options are pretty limited with the 2703. I think Emax also has a servo that will work, but i can't imagine it's very good for a 450. Maybe a 250 though. Anyway, good job on your upgraded bird and fixing those motors.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Dec 16, 2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:45 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Did you set the mode of your 2801Pro to 2600 mode? I don't remember which menu item it is off the top of my head but STICK MODE maybe? The 2801 and 2602 TX use a slightly different protocol and you need to tell the TX which one to transmit.
The LED under the Walkera sign should end up a different colour depending if you are running in 8 /6 /4 channel mode....
This is something i didn't even know about the 2801-pro. Pretty colors! lol. I've never used it in anything but 2801 compatible mode. But that would sound like the problem. However he has another identical RX that IS working with the same TX program data. I'm thinking there is something wrong with the one unit. Unless it has ID bind and the RX is confused still, like he was thinking.

Apphoard, does the light on the RX blink rapidly when looking for the TX? Does it at any point change to a slower blinking speed? Whats the RX light doing during the process?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:06 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,871 Posts
Good point... I was still half asleep when I read his post I guess.

In that case apphoard probably best to make sure you unbound the BNIB RX using bind plug and then reboot your RX and turn on the TX with a video showing the TX and RX lamp if possible.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:14 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,964 Posts
Here's a crash i don't think i could have repaired by morning. They were putting up a structure for a xmas tree. The rotor hit a cable and the heli pulled it's self apart in the air. Pretty damn good footage. Doesn't look like anyone got hurt.

Helicopter Crashes - Original HD footage (2 min 13 sec)
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:25 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,871 Posts
Yeah, more than just a set of blades and a ball link required to fix that one...
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:59 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Nothing directed at you, Walkera just makes me so angry sometimes. I know you upgraded yours. How are those KDS servos BTW? I remember hearing bad things about KDS at one point. At least about their helicopters. But i think they have a new game plan now a days. Are you flying 3D at all? I'm curious about the ability of the servos that are available to work with the 2703. Do they have replacement gears and servo horns available? Because it seems like the available options are pretty limited with the 2703. I think Emax also has a servo that will work, but i can't imagine it's very good for a 450. Maybe a 250 though. Anyway, good job on your upgraded bird and fixing those motors.
Good Morning :-)

so far the kds servos are doing a good job and work fine with the rx2703, i am only flying fast circles and eights and sometime a flip or a roll, but no hard 3d, i still have to learn a lot :-)

I havent looked for spare-parts for the kds servos, but they are very cheap, so i dont think this would be necessary :-)
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:27 AM
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Oct 2012
192 Posts
Quote:
Here's a crash i don't think i could have repaired by morning. They were putting up a structure for a xmas tree. The rotor hit a cable and the heli pulled it's self apart in the air. Pretty damn good footage. Doesn't look like anyone got hurt.

http://youtu.be/v5aMT9MBfZI
the cause of accident was the ground crew did not hold tension on the guy wire, it started flapping and caught the tail rotor, pilot had concusion ... was in new zealand ... very very lucky theres a few angles of this on youtube ... the heli was rebuilt and flying again ..
zorbs is offline Find More Posts by zorbs
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:34 AM
What goes up, must............
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Joined Apr 2001
43 Posts
Wow IH - you are to be complimented on such complete, accurate and helpful posts. I have trodden the same road as you and come to exactly the same conclusions.

Kudos to you for sharing all this valuable experience.

Cheers.
Hopefulflyer is offline Find More Posts by Hopefulflyer
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:57 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbs View Post
the cause of accident was the ground crew did not hold tension on the guy wire, it started flapping and caught the tail rotor, pilot had concusion ... was in new zealand ... very very lucky theres a few angles of this on youtube ... the heli was rebuilt and flying again ..
Yeah, i had a suspicion it wasn't pilot error. I figured something else had to go wrong. I had a bad feeling about the wires the second i saw them. I've seen so many videos of helicopters trying to lift weight or having a tether of some kind and over accelerating the lift of causing swing motion and crashing. I thought that was what was going to happen here. The sound the rotor made when it hit the wire was just a crazy scary sound. Meanwhile the ground crew was leaning back having a nice chat about the state of the world. I only wish i had the chance to work on, or at least be around qualified mechanics and help them work on these scale heli. If anything just for the experience and to learn. It's amazing they were able to rebuild that. It looked the like whole frame crumbled under the stress before it even hit the ground. It's amazing that none of the ground crew got hurt or killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulflyer View Post
Wow IH - you are to be complimented on such complete, accurate and helpful posts. I have trodden the same road as you and come to exactly the same conclusions.

Kudos to you for sharing all this valuable experience.

Cheers.
Well, thank you. As far as i'm concerned i'm usually just venting my own frustrations. But i'm glad someone appreciates it. Typically i'm just called "negative" and thats about it.

I just can't explain how much my skill has improved because i can trust my helicopters now. Sure, even my V450D01 is pretty reliable now. Kind of. But the bigger size rotor seems much easier to handle in the high winds here too. I don't think i'd be doing high speed hurricanes by now if i had stuck with stock Walkera equipment, that i am sure of.

Gaui X5 - 3D Flight 81 - Hurricane practice - 12-16-12 (6 min 26 sec)

Y-V450D01C - HURRICANES, YUP! (4 min 54 sec)
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:49 AM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,178 Posts
Holy crap. I think i rewatched that 20 times just now. That guy is so lucky, he was on the biggest bull ride of his life, lol

Those camera guys didnt even flinch.
About 10 years ago we put a cell site on a roof top in atlanta with a helicopter. That was awesome and i wasnt even into helis yet!

Im thinking of getting this, im not sure if i could ever make the switch to 2 finger control, but i do know this would be better than me holding it!
http://www.espritmodel.com/transmitt...universal.aspx

Quote:

http://youtu.be/v5aMT9MBfZI
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:09 AM
Joined Apr 2011
1,553 Posts
[QUOTE=Heli Biggie;23550398]
Im thinking of getting this, im not sure if i could ever make the switch to 2 finger control, but i do know this would be better than me holding it!

Thanks. That's just what I was looking for.
I just ordered one.
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:09 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Holy crap. I think i rewatched that 20 times just now. That guy is so lucky, he was on the biggest bull ride of his life, lol

Those camera guys didnt even flinch.
About 10 years ago we put a cell site on a roof top in atlanta with a helicopter. That was awesome and i wasnt even into helis yet!

http://www.espritmodel.com/transmitt...universal.aspx
I know right. I watched a bunch of times. Then came back and watched it again. There are actually a few shots on youtube besides this angle. It's just an impressive shot. Lots of heli crash. But it's not often you get to see one so close up and in HD, just torn in half by it's self in the air! That's a nice looking heli too.

I'm not really sure what the purpose of that TX tray is? It seems like the neck strap does the same thing? At least with my DX8 it's perfect on the neck strap. But Walkera does not put their neck strap eyelet in the right place for TX CG (lol). So you have to buy one of those little $9 CNC extension arms to move the attachment point so the TX hangs balanced. I don't use one with mine. But i keep thinking about getting one for my 2801-pro.

Auckland helicopter crash HD (0 min 42 sec)
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Dec 17, 2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:29 PM
Joined Jun 2011
567 Posts
i had 2 crashes in 2 hours on my v450 on saturday.....after the first crash, i rushed home n tried fixing it....half way thru it my hand got strike by the tail blades.....for 5 minutes my hand was numb and i thought i've cut the tendons as i coulnd't move my fingers at all.....i wiped off the blood and had a closer look....it was alright...just surface cut.....thought i might needed stitches that evening but the bleeding stopped eventually....so i was fixing it when i was bleeding....all well....and got it hover again....in the back yard at 9:30pm....when it was dark....the heli when up and i lost sighs....shouldn't have tested it with throttle up.....i panicked pulled it back quickly and it came back so fast that i hit the pillar....with the blades chopping off a piece of brick out....that's it for the night....the 2nd pair of blades lasted 20 seconds and now my v450 is just sitting on the bench....not able to fly again as the blade holder ball link was snapped....

i went back flying again with my tarot, 120d02 (3axis) and 250 dfc on sunday morning and crashed 2 on inverted flights and the 120d02s gyro is broken after a head on landing on the ground.....that's it ...my heli life for the week is done.....no parts no fixing, no flying....it is a really down moment.....i still have 2 6-axis d02s but i dont like flying the 6-axis...

at times i'm thinking if i should just stop flying....have u guys experience any down moments like this....?
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:05 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
i had 2 crashes in 2 hours on my v450 on saturday.....after the first crash, i rushed home n tried fixing it....half way thru it my hand got strike by the tail blades.....for 5 minutes my hand was numb and i thought i've cut the tendons as i coulnd't move my fingers at all.....i wiped off the blood and had a closer look....it was alright...just surface cut.....thought i might needed stitches that evening but the bleeding stopped eventually....so i was fixing it when i was bleeding....all well....and got it hover again....in the back yard at 9:30pm....when it was dark....the heli when up and i lost sighs....shouldn't have tested it with throttle up.....i panicked pulled it back quickly and it came back so fast that i hit the pillar....with the blades chopping off a piece of brick out....that's it for the night....the 2nd pair of blades lasted 20 seconds and now my v450 is just sitting on the bench....not able to fly again as the blade holder ball link was snapped....

i went back flying again with my tarot, 120d02 (3axis) and 250 dfc on sunday morning and crashed 2 on inverted flights and the 120d02s gyro is broken after a head on landing on the ground.....that's it ...my heli life for the week is done.....no parts no fixing, no flying....it is a really down moment.....i still have 2 6-axis d02s but i dont like flying the 6-axis...

at times i'm thinking if i should just stop flying....have u guys experience any down moments like this....?
LOL!!!!!! Man your preaching to the choir over here pal! Man, you just have no idea! I've wanted to throw in the the towel soooo many times. I have a scar on my right shoulder from the V120. On my chest, I don't think i have a scar, but i got whacked in the chest with my 4f200's 3 blade tail rotor while i had the main blades off, I forgot about the tail and the heli spun over right across my chest. got me a few times, from nipple to nipple . Then of course there is this, in case you missed them before.

V450D01 2702V Lock out Crashes (4 min 22 sec)

V120D02S - 25 Consecutive Cash mix! (0 min 0 sec)

Okay, those are old. But here is a few from just in the last month or so.

Y-V450D01C - Crash - 12-04-12 (2 min 38 sec)

V450D01 tail gear fail and crash (2 min 3 sec)

V450D01 - Swash pitch ball failure (0 min 21 sec)

V450D01 - Sudden gyro dive or voltage drain (3 min 43 sec)

4f200 - Last flight - Power issues again (0 min 0 sec)

V120D05CS08 - 3D attempt in my front yard - Crash (1 min 6 sec)

Uh, yeah well you get the idea, because honestly.... I can keep going. My advise to you is to calm down a little. Don't rush so much to get out there to fly. Because... Well, you know the result now. I don't even think i have to continue. Also, supposedly, Walkera offers repair service on their RX. Since you broke your RX on impact, can i assume you were not using a canopy?