HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Should this be stickied?
Yes 236 86.13%
No 38 13.87%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by nick84, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 03:40 PM
Land simply means stop flying
United States, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jun 2011
61 Posts
Work in project or not that still looks really nice any idea when its gonna be done
raceingnub25 is offline Find More Posts by raceingnub25
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2012, 02:44 AM
True Modder.
Joined Jun 2011
91 Posts
Just some off mine.
sledge21 is offline Find More Posts by sledge21
Old Jan 03, 2012, 03:37 AM
Mt helena western australia
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
mmmmm very nice, g want a revo 2.5 soooo bad
rangamatchstic is offline Find More Posts by rangamatchstic
Old Jan 03, 2012, 04:44 PM
tater salad
United States, IN, Mishawaka
Joined Jul 2008
632 Posts
ok guys again please keep the chit chat to a min. I will delete posts again if it keeps it up! this is a pics thread not a chit chat thread!
nick84 is offline Find More Posts by nick84
Old Jan 05, 2012, 05:27 PM
Joined May 2011
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raceingnub25 View Post
Those are some hot lookin truggys. How do you like them? Because a lot guys i know drive Mugens and love them so whats your opinion on them
Mugen hands down has been my favorite brand so far. I love the way they are built sturdy and durable and are both very competitive. My best yet thanks!
Gixxer600 is offline Find More Posts by Gixxer600
Old Jan 05, 2012, 05:54 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,776 Posts
This is my 1/16 XS savage flux that i just finished building from parts purchased from ebay & using a 1/10 4000kv sensored combo & e-savage hummer body that i already had, i also modded the steering arms so they don't pop off.

Cheers.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jan 05, 2012, 06:17 PM
Land simply means stop flying
United States, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jun 2011
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer600 View Post
Mugen hands down has been my favorite brand so far. I love the way they are built sturdy and durable and are both very competitive. My best yet thanks!
Ok awesome to know might have to buy a Mugen after my Losi is done
raceingnub25 is offline Find More Posts by raceingnub25
Old Jan 06, 2012, 06:39 PM
tater salad
United States, IN, Mishawaka
Joined Jul 2008
632 Posts
my stock traxxas slash i bought for christmas
nick84 is offline Find More Posts by nick84
Old Jan 08, 2012, 01:23 PM
Newbie rc junkie
United States, TN, Dyersburg
Joined Nov 2011
103 Posts
mine

I figured I would post mine. I need to know of anyone who knows a good place for nitro sport hop ups. I cant seem to find alot. I have a traxxas nitro sport stock except for HPI body I painted ,RPM front bumper,body mounts ,clip retainers.
Kmmac1705 is offline Find More Posts by Kmmac1705
Old Jan 08, 2012, 09:11 PM
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
do rustler rpm parts fit?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:13 AM
Joined Oct 2011
131 Posts
Hey guys, been a while since ive posted on here but i figured id post up a few pics of my most recent build. i call it the "Stadium Stampede". I got this truck as a roller with lots gone or broken and no electonics. this was a all nighter build (started at midnight and was out testing at 8am). what im so proud of is this was a very strict budget build, forcing my creativity and skills as a fabricator. all in all I have $27 in it and that was motor, pinion and spur gears.

Well for those who are still reading, here is the detailed rundown.

I took the whole front end out and put in a new, longer A arm setup. the A arms I had didnt really work so I made them work by making them my own design and cutting them to fit. I measured and drilled my own shock mount locations and modified the front hubs that were originally in a 4x4 to work on the truck as well as fit SC10 front wheels on it. The servo is a custom built servo since the only electronic that was in it was the steer servo and it was broken too. i did use the screws and seal so I could waterproof it. Basically thats it for the front end. what resulted was a "slammed" front end with super stiff shocks. only time it will bottom out is if im jumping huge ramps. For the rear i was able to salvage the talon tires and re use them, and I didnt have to do much to the rear end except TLC to make sure everything was in working condition. For electronics I used an Xl-5 ESC and a fly sky 2.4ghz radio i had out of an older exceed (just the base model radio, nothing special). For the motor i installed a venom fireball 13t modified and geared it 86t spur and 20t pinion. (temps are GREAT, no issues). For the body I noticed the pede body was garbage, but this is where the stadium idea came in. it was supossed to be a prototype for a long term funny car build but i saw something in that pede body. I cut the bed off, cut the front body mount in half, used a battery post and drilled it to the center. I then used a buggy body mount, drilled that to the RX box and it was ready to mount. Not content there, I used the rear body post, took a buggy wing and drilled 2 holes so it could be secured to the rear mounts and what resulted is a Commander cody custom "Stadium Stampede". I sure do love this truck. it has been through more than a few packs and is an awesome truck to toy around in. wont win any awards but its a fun first custom built especially with all the work in it. the last pic is how small it looks compared to my custom built stampede. that truck has a custom suspension with shocks built myself., but im not here to talk about that..the truck is there just for size reference. the stadium stampede looks tiny compared to what it looked like 8 hours prior!
CommanderCody is offline Find More Posts by CommanderCody
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:09 AM
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
WHYYY DO MY PICS NEVER WORK WHEN I LINK THEM AS A PIC??!!!! anyway here they are on my photo bucket account. http://s932.photobucket.com/albums/a...8012012076.jpg

http://s932.photobucket.com/albums/a...8012012077.jpg

http://s932.photobucket.com/albums/a...8012012078.jpg
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:29 AM
United States, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Apr 2006
987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangamatchstic View Post
WHYYY DO MY PICS NEVER WORK WHEN I LINK THEM AS A PIC??!!!! anyway here they are on my photo bucket account.
You need to use the little square yellow button with the mountains and sun on it. Fill your URL in there and it should work, like this:

HelloScott is offline Find More Posts by HelloScott
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:56 AM
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
i did!!! and it still didnt work, it just came up with the little square things youll see in my first post.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:57 AM
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
^just did it then and look what happened =/. stuff it people just use the links!!